Remember the Magic of Harry Potter

124

May 01, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Our Contest Crew has launched a new contest today which asks you to help Remember the Magic for a certain experience from the first book, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” In order to enter, please write a “vignette” describing the sights, sounds, smells and feelings Harry encounters as he enters Diagon Alley for the first time. A vignette is like a literary “snapshot” where you give a quick glimpse of a scene without necessarily telling the full story. Vignettes tend to be rich in descriptive details. Let your heart and mind help Harry live through that experience of entering into the magical world for the first time once again.

Your vignette should be no fewer than 300 and no longer than 650 words long and does not have to be strictly canon. Please feel free to include smells, stores, or items that are not specifically mentioned in the book. Only one entry is permitted per person and each entry must be of an exemplary quality. Your work must be creative, organized, focused, coherent and not contain net speak. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation will be taken into consideration when judging. As always a strict PG-13 rating is enforced and As always, anyone over the age of 13 not involved in the judging process may enter. Please e-mail your submissions to [email protected] by 11:59 pm ET on May 21, 2008 and place in the e-mail header: “Rediscover the Magic.” Full details about this contest can be found right here.

Good luck to all who enter!

12 Responses to Remember the Magic of Harry Potter

Avatar Image says:

Yay, can’t wait to read the winning submissions

Avatar Image says:

my freinds big brother had the first book siting on his bed. i walked over opened it to where is bookmark was and just started reading. and could not stop. he came back in saw me on his bed,he gave me a very odd look by the way, and told me i could borow it when he was done. insted i went and bought my own!

Avatar Image says:

Cool. I’ll enter, sounds fun. But no prizes right?

Avatar Image says:

Um… is there any prize that’s involved??? =P

Avatar Image says:

waittt,,,,i dont get it….

Avatar Image says:

I think I’ll enter this=] and happy Battle of Hogwarts Eve everyone! [aka its tomorrow] =)

Avatar Image says:

i dont get it, what are you suppose to write?

Avatar Image says:

Just asking. So will the vignettes be Fair Use? Who will have the copyright, the authors or Leaky?

Avatar Image says:

I DONT GET IT SOMEBODY EXPLAIN :( in easy english please..

Avatar Image says:

I cant wait to read the sumissions. they should b an interesting read

Avatar Image says:

Hei Sara, det man skal gjøre er Ã¥ beskrive hva Harry ser,hører,lukter og føler nÃ¥r han for første gang kommer til Diagonallmenningen. Skrive en tekst som ‘tegner’ et bilde.

@p.f.

Why? Are you planning on selling yours?

Write a Reply or Comment