PotterCast 150: Every Week for Ten Years

364

May 05, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online with its 150th episode of Harry Potter news and discussion. First up in Sue’s news, we update you on photos of the Harry Potter theme park that have appeared online, Emma Watson’s interest in the “Napoleon and Betsey” film, the casting of Alecto Carrow in HBP, and the Harry Potter novels no longer appearing on the NYTimes Best Sellers List. A new edition of Canon Conundrums follows with a discussion on Madam Pomfrey’s Hogwarts House affiliation along with another Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff showdown. Bit-by-Bit is up next finishing off the second half of Chapter 11 of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” where we find out more about Albus Dumbledore’s family. After that, the men take the stage in the latest installment of our Acting Troupe auditions. Finally, the PotterCast Quartet reveal their wand cores, talk a little more about the Acting Troupe, and being to take a stroll down memory lane. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Every Week for Ten Years”

- The quatro presents a new feature; Crafty Friends!
- HP books will fall off the NYTimes bestseller list after nearly 10 continuous years.
- Sue says Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff ’ make that Ravenpuff!
- Becoming a healer requires you to be ˜E’xceptional all-around.
- We meet the Dumbledore family.
- More acting troupe auditions.
- We talk wands with our Trio+1.
- Find your perfect wand right here!

RT: 59:47

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Jeff Gregory, Samantha McManus, and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (34 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

33 Responses to PotterCast 150: Every Week for Ten Years

First – downloaded and listened to – yay

Avatar Image says:

“First up in Sue’s news, we update you on photos of the Disney World Harry Potter theme park that have appeared online”

You are aware, that the Harry Potter themed area (not theme park) will be at Universal’s Island’s of Adventure, and not Disney World, right?

Avatar Image says:

I listened to the show way before the news about it came up. Anyway, I really enjoyed your show ( as always) but where was that wand core test ? :) I want to find out what my wand core is.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats guys on making it to your 150th episode ! Keep up the great work =)

Avatar Image says:

Yay for the new crafty segment (and boo-hiss for being at work and unable to download the new episode yet… there are mondays when I would consider bringing my laptop in to work and connecting to the wireless just to get Pottercast earlier since I’m away from home until late every Monday…)

Avatar Image says:

I always enjoy the podcast. Never stop them!

By question, what was the link to the wand wood/core website that you all used? I want to try!

Avatar Image says:

am i the only one not getting this on itunes?

Avatar Image says:

SnapeFan, I’m sure they are very aware of the location of the HP theme park, but last year they had an unofficial Disney Land day, and now they are doing the same thing in Florida.

Avatar Image says:

Love the podcast! its great :) its funny likstening to american people! i love the accent, it makes a change from the english one :L thanks keep up the goodwork :)

Avatar Image says:

what’s this rumor about the trailer that might happen by the time(NOW!!!!) that this podcast has aired?[/B]

Avatar Image says:

Great Show, as usual, but where is that wand test?

@hannah

I’m American and I’ve always wondered what an American accent would sound like if I were a foreigner. I love the British accent. Try as I might, the standard American dialect always sounds like “normal talk” and I just can’t make out the accent. Weird.

Yay!

After a long trip with train from Stockholm to Oslo, PotterCast makes me happy again!

Avatar Image says:

Can anyone link me to the wand quiz? XD

Avatar Image says:

Great show guys! is that baby laugh for real? and I love the leaky song at the end.

Avatar Image says:

Yay for you guys :) Happy 150th!

By the way Kevin, PotterCast generally doesn’t go on iTUnes until about Tuesday for me. I use the Canadian Store though, so, I think it depends on what country you are in.

For anyone who wanted the ink for the wand site, it’s actually in this post. It’s at the bottom of the list of what’s in this episode, and above the time for the episode. Thanks for the link guys, my want is Tulip and Kelpie Hair, 11 1/4 inches.

Avatar Image says:

Acting troupe auditions. They’re all too awesome. I don’t know how I’ll ever choose a best.

Avatar Image says:

Wow!! 150 episodes!! What an awesome job you have all been doing!! I hope the next 150 episodes have future J.K. interviews, house elf debates, and Kung Fu Snape! I will listen eagerly!

Avatar Image says:

My wand is Apple, 13 inches, Unicorn Hair (The link is on pottercast.com, for those who are asking).

Avatar Image says:

Snape didn’t hex Hermione’s teeth to grow ridiculously overlarge. If I’m not mistaken, Draco Malfoy did. Snape merely sneered at the girl, saying coldly: “I see no difference.”

Avatar Image says:

the male auditions were amazing. what did number 5 read from? it was more theatrical monologue-ish than harry potter but i really loved it.

Mahogany, 14”, Dragon Heartstring.

Avatar Image says:

Hate to break everyone’s wand, but the wand test only relies on two questions to determine its answer!

“Which of these things do you prize most about yourself?” and “Which of these describes your personality?”

The first of the above questions determines your wand wood and the second determines your core. The others don’t seem to affect the outcome at all. Just thought I’d let everyone know!

Avatar Image says:

Why did iTunes only download the first 21:18? What happened to the rest of PotterCast 150?

Avatar Image says:

I put my vote in for a change of topic for Canon Conundrums!

Avatar Image says:

PotterCast 150 on the homepage stops at the 11:32 mark. Why? Can someone please fix PotterCast 150 on iTunes and the homepage so I could listen to it? Thank you!

Avatar Image says:

Good show, guys. I absolutely love the moment when you’re talking about what jobs you’d have in the wizarding world and then suddenly you all get overwhelmed with how cool it would be to actually do those things and live in that world, and how it really kind of sucks that none of it is real. I think those feelings really sum up what’s most amazing about the books.

I mean we know, we KNOW, that none of it is real, but still—it’s SO MUCH FUN to think about living in it!

Avatar Image says:

hey baldric wanna hear an american accent. watch House, hugh laurie is not american

Avatar Image says:

Am I the only one having problems listening to PotterCast 150? The people in charge of uploading the show, can you please fix the show so I could show so I could listen to it? Again, the first 21:18 is all that downloaded on iTunes, and only the first 11:32 plays on the PotterCast player on the homepage. The help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Hey mine was also maple wood…....and kelpie hair…!! WEIRD HUH LOL

Avatar Image says:

i luved this one…. thanks for the wands link!!! mine is holly, 15 in, pheonix feather

Avatar Image says:

You should sort Tom, the Landlord of the Leaky Cauldron! Ha ha!

@Andy

It’s funny about Hugh Laurie. I had seen him on House and I did not know he was British. Then he hosted Saturday Night Live and spoke in his normal accent and it just floored me. I could not believe it was the same guy from House. His accent fooled me, he just sounded like a Type A stressed out American on House. He seems to speak more nasally when he’s using an American accent. Is that how we sound?

Holly 13 1/2 inches Dragon heart string