PotterCast 155: We Fly, Of Course

364

Jun 11, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC

The 155th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online for your listening pleasure. This episode brings you the latest discussion of J. K. Rowling’s recent commencement speech at Harvard University. The PotterCasters delve into Jo’s speech, giving their thoughts on the topics she discussed, the stories she shared, and much more. In addition to this, Sue brings you news on OotP film being available for download in the UK iTunes store and the Tony Awards appearance by Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths next weekend. Next we jump to the second to last installment of Phoenix Files where part of the last quarter of the film is examined. Topics covered in this segment include the flight to the Ministry, the Department of Mysteries, the Death Eater invasion, and our dear Sirius. This super-sized episode wraps up with a preview of the long-awaited Acting Troupe, some Hufflepuff Death Eaters, why Starbucks is dangerous, and the way Jo says “Mr. Hammer!” To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“We Fly, Of Course!”

- Jo’s amazing way with words.
- Is there a Wizarding United Nations?
- What was Jo thinking when she gave the address?
- Luna: “We fly, of course!”
- Where are the security cams?
- Move Sirius vs. Book Sirius.
- Pixie dust equals Fairy dandruff!
- Wand work in fight scene.
- Hufflepuff Death Eaters!

RT: 85:54

Editors: Jeff Gregory and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (49 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (10 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

27 Responses to PotterCast 155: We Fly, Of Course

Avatar Image says:

Yayayayayayyy, I am excited to listen. Especially with it being ‘Super Sized’ and all =]

YAYZ! NEW POTTERCAST!

I WILL GET THROUGH FINALS AFTER ALL.

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo, I wondered if it was going to come out today, glad it is.

Avatar Image says:

This was great! It’s funny they delved into my idea for a fanfic.

Yay! New PC!!! I wish my computer was faster downloading this. XD

Yay!

YAY!

Avatar Image says:

The pokemon part killed me XD

Avatar Image says:

Kingsley Kingsley LMFAO, I havent laughed so hard in ages!

great but missing melissa =(

Avatar Image says:

Great PotterCast, guys! Will someone help me, though? What is “Phoenix Files”?

& Frak, I agree with you: I don’t like the movie ‘Mad-Eye Moody’ either… Actually, the only character I ever liked in the movies was Richard Harris, I see & hear Richard Harris in my head when I read about ‘Albus Dumbledore’...

Also: Pikachu rocks!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa goes away for a week and the show gets almost an hour and a half long… Yeah, she probably will kill you.

The pokemon part was great… It’s like frak’s impersonation of wall-e: I’ll hear it again and again.

Avatar Image says:

Ava- Phoenix Files is just where they discuss the OotP movie in little segments. they’ve been doing it for a while now, but now they’re almost done.

Avatar Image says:

Great show guys and gal, as always. For once I could actually hear Frak doodling, though I may have missed it before. My sister loves Pokemon so I love that part of this edition of PotterCast. It brought me back to when I liked Pokemon and I never knew how much comedy Pokemon had. Does anyone know which episode and segment Frak’s impersonation of Wall E is in because I can’t seem to find it? I like all of Frak’s impersonations. Also, does anyone know which episode Frak made an impersonation of a baby in and which one was the first that he made a *crack noise in? Thanks for all the help because Frak’s impersonations are one of a kind.

Avatar Image says:

Great show guys and gal, as always. For once I could actually hear Frak doodling, though I may have missed it before. My sister loves Pokemon so I love that part of this edition of PotterCast. It brought me back to when I liked Pokemon and I never knew how much comedy Pokemon had. Does anyone know which episode and segment Frak’s impersonation of Wall E is in because I can’t seem to find it? I like all of Frak’s impersonations. Also, does anyone know which episode Frak made an impersonation of a baby in and which one was the first that he made a crack noise in? Thanks for all the help because Frak’s impersonations are one of a kind.

@ Ava.

The only character from the movie that is almost exactly as I imagined in every detail is Luna Lovegood / Evanna Lynch; specially her voice, which is simply amazing.

Avatar Image says:

I was listening on my iPod last night, and the whole, “Kingsley, I choose you!” part had me laughing like a crazy woman and my son staring at me like I was a crazy woman.

Avatar Image says:

Oh wow! I laughed so hard, oh man! I listened yesterday, I hadn’t heard or read the transcript for JKR’s speech so between that and the pokemon ministry battle…I just lost it…that might be why my ribs hurt today.

Avatar Image says:

okay so ministry battle….

Yeah it was cool in 3-D but moving past that….

I am rereading book 5 again, and I haven’t gotten very far, its been a while since I have read it, over a year, so I am a little rusty in my details so forgive me.

Even without doing a lot of special effects, which they obviously did with the fighting smoke. The needed to show that the kids got over there heads in dealing with KILLERS! Ron was supposed to have been delirious, Ginny had a broken ankle, Hermione passed out? Neville a broken nose, I think Luna was the only one that wasn’t worse for wear in the book, and yet she was the only one in the movie that gets hurt. Why weren’t the other kids hurt????? And with the smoke you really would have thought they stood even less of a chance in the fight. It just seemed way to easy in the movie. they all needed to be busted up, just more realistic really.

Sorry, that just bugs me every time I watch the movie.

Avatar Image says:

I know I am posting a lot, but after reading everyone else’s posts I had to make a remark on the characters…

I really think Richard Harris did an amazing job, but there are just so many great actor’s! I love Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, and Roby Coltran, I think they all do an amazing job as their characters. Evana Lynch is just simply ethereal!

Avatar Image says:

Ah man, the pokemon joke floored me but that was probably because I just happened to be playing it at the time. Pretty good coincidence, no? Where can I see any of Frak’s previous drawings? I tend to only come on here for the front page news and the Pottercasts so if anyone can post a link or URL I’d love you :D

Avatar Image says:

An ad for Voldomort in the Yellow Pages! lmao! and Kingsley- I choose you! Love it! You should totally draw those Frak! That was so funny, I was crying. XD Love it!

Avatar Image says:

That was a great Pottercast, i couldn’t stop laughing, my mum was looking at me weird.

Avatar Image says:

Funniest Pottercast EVER.I’ll never look at Kingsley the same way again after all the Pokemon stuuf hahaha. Couldn’t stop laughing!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is for Lolly the link she was looking for =)

Avatar Image says:

Um, question about the acting troupe. Albus Severus for Slytherin?

Avatar Image says:

Had to make a bit of fan art for that eighth horcrux phone book bit! It made me laugh so much: http://blackbirdrose.deviantart.com/art/Pottercast-155-The-8th-horcrux-89234165 :D

Write a Reply or Comment