Moviefone Names Arthur Weasley One of the Best Movie Dads

119

Jun 12, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

There is an honor for Arthur Weasley today care of Moviefone.com, who released their list of the Best Movie Dads Ever. Just in time for Father’s Day, this feature names the father of seven, portrayed by actor Mark Williams in the films, among many other notable movie dads. Moviefone notes that while Arthur may not be as strict as most fathers, “he’s fiercely devoted to his seven kids and to their pal Harry Potter.” You can see the full list of Best Movie Dads, as well as vote for your favorite, via the above link.

27 Responses to Moviefone Names Arthur Weasley One of the Best Movie Dads

Avatar Image says:

Who wouldn’t want Mr Weasley as their Dad !

Avatar Image says:

Woot! Way to go Mr. Weasley!! Happy Father’s Day!!!

Avatar Image says:

Arthur Weasley, fame at last, I like it.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Arthur! Finally, the accolades he deserves. :) Truly one of the best Dads ever.

Avatar Image says:

Yay for Arthur – I don’t think he gets mentioned enough. Happy Father’s Day!

Avatar Image says:

He is a great dad! And i love Mark Williams. Plus Arthur is one of the few dads that actually survives the hp series.

Avatar Image says:

Awww, I love Arthur. He deserves to be on that list, he’s an awesome dad in the books and Mark Williams (though not exactly looking like I envision Arthur) portrays him wonderfully. I am so glad JKR didn’t kill Arthur in OotP. He’s one of my favourite characters.

Arthur rocks!

Avatar Image says:

Arthur Weasley, you’re such a wonderful dad, you deserve this fully & entirely!*

Long live Mr. Weasley!

Avatar Image says:

My dad is exactly like him, it’s so crazy. In the mannerisms, humor, parenting style, and everything. And just like Mr. Weasley is obsessed with Muggles, my dad has this random obsession with trains and no one understands it, and he has these moments that Mr. Weasley would have. Like the other day, he was walking through Home Depot with me and started playing with all the light switches on display and was fasinated by them. All my friends call him Mr. Weasley, XD (That’s also why I post as Sarah Weasley on here, fyi. hehe)

So in a way, have Mr. Weasley for a dad. You rock Mr. Weasley! (the character verison too of course XD)

Avatar Image says:

Yay Arthur! I wish I had a dad like him.

Can anyone else not get to the full list?

Avatar Image says:

I totally love Arthur! Congrats!

Avatar Image says:

That’s a really nice illustration of Arthur, Leaky! Who’s the artist?

Avatar Image says:

The artist is Makani, maykani- dammit I forgot, somethin likely that anyway, hopefully someone else has a better memory than me

Avatar Image says:

Oh and ThisBookIsSoAwesome88, yeah the link doesn’t work for me either. But thanks for this post Leaky… I forgot it was Father’s Day on Sunday

Avatar Image says:

Way to go Arthur!!!! He is a great Dad. Harry is so lucky to have him for a father-in-law and surrogate dad.

Avatar Image says:

Arthur has got to be my vote for best dad ! Superb

Avatar Image says:

The artist for this article’s portrait of Mr Weasley is of course Leaky’s primary artist and official Malfoy residence portayer, Makani..

Yay Arthur!! you rock

Avatar Image says:

Yay Arthur…and everyone who voted for him!! The Weasley’s are a wonderful literary family!!

Avatar Image says:

Good for Mr.Weasley, he is played so well by Mark. I like his line in the kitchen from COS. I cant seem to get any of the dad lists the website wont let me.

Avatar Image says:

Good for Mr.Weasley. Mark does such a good job playing him. I like his line in the kitchen from COS. I cant seem to get any of the dad lists either.

Avatar Image says:

A very well desreved award for the most caring, kindest Dad and friend too.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, Arthur Weasley is a cool dad, i’m so glad he didn’t die in OOTP. But the ultimate, best father in a book or movie has to be, without a doubt Carlisle Cullen from Twilight. The compassion and kindness he has is just amazing. Anyone who has read Twilight will know what I mean. Anyways, i’m not hear to talk about Twilight, and the movie isn’t out yet so i’ll shut up. Well done Arthur Weasley! hehe, mollywobbles. so cute! Did anyone else have trouble viewing the list? I couldn’t find it when i clicked on the link and looked around the site.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Mr. Weasley! He’s truly one of the sweetes, most amazing fathers in literary history! :-D

Avatar Image says:

woweeeee…....arthur is the best…...!!! love him…..not only is he a great dad but also a great husband..hehe;)

Avatar Image says:

He deserves it! Him and Mrs.Weasly are my favorite couple in the series.

Write a Reply or Comment