Reading of “The Hobbit” Begins Today in Jo’s Book Nook on Leaky Lounge

124

Jun 15, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The reading of the next novel in our non-Harry Potter book club has started today on our very own Leaky Lounge forum. Jo’s Book Nook is currently sitting down to read and discuss the J. R. R. Tolkien classic: The Hobbit. Members of the Lounge are invited to join the discussion which will examine the tale of BIlbo Baggins’ journey through dark and oftentimes dangerous places. Those interested in this book club can find their place with their fellow forum members right here.

On a related note, we also have a poll up and running on which novel should be read next in Jo’s Book Nook. Lounge members can cast their vote via this link.

Enjoy!

10 Responses to Reading of “The Hobbit” Begins Today in Jo’s Book Nook on Leaky Lounge

Avatar Image says:

Cool! What a great idea! First post?

Avatar Image says:

thats cool! second post?

Avatar Image says:

The Hobbit is a great book! Great choice guys!

Avatar Image says:

It sounds good. I never read it. Maybe I’ll try it. 4th post!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t stand tolkien, long winded and boring writing technique. His themes are interesting but unengaging. Why not read something from a writer with more varied work like diana wynne jones?

Avatar Image says:

I’m a big Tolkien fan, so I really like this idea. And it’s very appropiatte, since Daniel is one of the actors rumored to play Bilbo!

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh nice! I love ‘The Hobbit’! It’s lots better even than ‘The Lord of the Rings’- which is nice too, of course, but… ‘The Hobbit’... it’s THE HOBBIT!!

Avatar Image says:

Having read “The Hobbit” should make one hunger for the rest of the story and into reading “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

Avatar Image says:

I have this book… it’s just so long and dragging…maybe I’m just used to fast-paced stories (Ludlum, Sheldon, King & Rowling)...

I started reading a few chapters, then I will stop and forget about it…

Avatar Image says:

Love “The Hobbit!” Easier to read than “Lord of the Rings,” and a bit more fun too. It’s more of the kid’s book than LOTR.

And…. It’s got a dragon! I love dragons, so there you go.

Write a Reply or Comment