Have a very Harry Holiday This Fourth of July Weekend

122

Jun 23, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

ABC Family channel is set to broadcast another Harry Potter movie marathon this upcoming Fourth of July holiday weekend here in the US. As scores of readers have let us know, the channel is set to broadcast the first four Harry Potter films, starting with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Friday, July 4 at 7:30pm (EST), followed the next night with back to back showings of Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban on Saturday, July 5 beginning at 7:00pm (EST), followed with day long marathon on Sunday, July 6 that will include a broadcast of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire at 5:00pm. As readers will recall, these broadcasts are popular with fans given these showings sometimes include the longer versions of the films (ie the deleted scenes have been added back to the cut of the film). In addition, there have been sneak previews of upcoming Harry Potter films aired during commercial breaks, however we must NOTE: While we are all very anxious indeed for some new Half-Blood Prince photos and especially a teaser trailer, at this point we simply do not know if there will be a sneak preview of HBP broadcast during this Harry holiday weekend on ABC Family, and we are working to find out more. We will update with more as soon as we can.

Thanks to the many who owled!

51 Responses to Have a very Harry Holiday This Fourth of July Weekend

Avatar Image says:

Yay! They’re finally broadcasting Goblet of Fire, it seems like its taken forever for it to air! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this will finally be the release of the teaser trailer/sneak peeks for HBP. It would make sense since its only a few short months before it opens in theaters!

1st?

Avatar Image says:

I’M DYING TO WATCH THIS!! I CAN’T WAIT! 1ST?

Avatar Image says:

=) Awesome! I will be watching that… even though I have the dvds for all of them. :DD (It’s even more fun to watch it on tv for some reason.) Oh golly gee, I do hope they put in some sneak peeks of HBP! *crosses fingers

Avatar Image says:

I’m eager for the trailer too, but let’s not rush the editing. Principal filming just ended.

Avatar Image says:

Wooo!! I always watch the movies when they are on tv. It is the time that I get to watch the first one. Cuz I lost my dvd. And hbp stuff you say???YAY!!!!!!!!I really do hope for a trailer soon!!

Avatar Image says:

Christine, Totally agree with you. They do seem more fun to watch when they’re on tv.

Avatar Image says:

I prey for trailer,please WB it’s July already!

Avatar Image says:

Gosh i really hope they have another sneak peek! Jusyt so u know, there is another pic of harry and Ginny hugging which u haven’t got. lol. It has been out in the internet since like 2 weeks ago. but yay another Harry Potter weekend! Gosh i want the trailer soooo badly!

Avatar Image says:

I like watching the movies on ABC Family as well and I think I figured out the reason why. It’s like a Harry Potter party across the U.S. – you know that every other Potter fan out there are watching right along with you. Plus, I like how the deleted scenes are added.

Avatar Image says:

There had better be something, ANYTHING with Half-Blood Prince.

The WB have been Potter-NAzi’s lately and it’s time that they give us fans someting to sqwee about.

Avatar Image says:

Hi all, Just have to say I have all the books and all the movies on dvd and tape but am looking forward to the full weekend of Potter and just so you’ll know some of us old folks are cool, I’m 56 and love Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Woo! I love watching it on TV, I agree it is more fun! I don’t know why.. but it is! crosses fingers please please WB Half-Blood Prince stuff we have been deprived.

Avatar Image says:

and on my birthday weekend =] its a shame i’ll miss it though I’ll be at camp

Avatar Image says:

Happy HArry Holiday!!! I was wondering what I was going to do for the Fourth. Hoping we get some previews and deleated scenes.

Avatar Image says:

I am literally jumping up and down!! I can’t wait to watch it with my HP obsessed friends!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh yay! I just finished re-watching all of the movies twice about 3 weeks ago and re-reading the series back in March, but I still always continue to get excited whenever ABC does this, especially since I have been going through an insane internal struggle lately as to whether or not I should read the entire series yet again already or hold off until reading them all again until the fall before HBP comes out which I will do no matter what. I sound like a lunatic, but I have been in serious HP withdrawl lately, perhaps I should seek treatment and check myself into some sort of Potter Rehab. However, if WB would be so kind to oblige me this weekend with anything new, perhaps a HBP sneak peek, then I might just be recovered.

Avatar Image says:

I’m from the Uk, so we don’t celebrate it, and we also don’t have ABC Family. Dammit.

Ah well, I have the DVD’s, lmao!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I love these HP marathon weekends on ABC Family. The commercials are annoying, but it is so nice to know other people are watching with you and to see the deleted scenes added seamlessly! I imagine they’ll do it with GoF, and that should be awesome.

My gut tells me they will release the teaser trailer with a movie and that we would know by know if it was coming out this weekend, but hope springs eternal. They do usually do a sneak-peek on TV, so maybe that’s a good possibility. It is pretty infuriating, how tight-lipped WB has been. I was sure we’d at least have a date for the teaser by now. I keep telling myself they’re holding out for some really big surprises and that the wait will be worth it…I hope they’re not being so much more secretive this time around for no good reason! They have some fairly angry fans on their hands, and I do hope for their sakes they’re planning on making this wait up to us….

Avatar Image says:

Harrrypotterfan4life: “Jusyt so u know, there is another pic of harry and Ginny hugging which u haven’t got”.

I don’t know why Leaky isn’t putting pictures up. They’re losing a lot of fans by being weird.

Avatar Image says:

Well, you have to admit! Sometimes we Yanks [that’s Rebels, down where I am] know how to “party”! @Whatever: Leaky isn’t “losing fans”, as far as I’m concerned…[It’s not nice to “speak for others” ]They DO have alot of things to do and look at to keep TLC going strong, as always! Here’s an idea: Wouldn’t it be cool if Family Channel put in a “sneak peek” for HBP….just sayin! =]

Avatar Image says:

whatever: I believe Leaky posted an entry telling us that WB asked them to take the photo’s down. They have to stay in good relations with them otherwise they won’t get to bring us sneak peaks. pictures, and all the wonderful things they offer fans. I’d say they are gaining respect from fans for their responsible news reporting.

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad to hear that they are going to be doing another HP movie marathon this summer. Wish I could see it but I’m going out of town for majority of that week and will be nowhere near a tv during that time. Not that it matters since I don’t have cable at the moment anyway. I’ll be there in spirit though. I hope there will be something HBP related and I’m sure if there is that Leaky will keep all of us posted.

Avatar Image says:

Yes. I Hope they do show previews of HBP on Abc Family. Because first they said they were going to show the trailer on Prince Caspian. They didn’t. Second of all they said it was in front of Get Smart. Again they changed there mind. So if they don’t show previews of it I’m going to be mad. But I think the trailer will come out on The Dark Knight because it is a action film.

Avatar Image says:

I have a strong feeling that the trailer will show on The dark Knight. I really hope it does anyway. I will go and see it! cant wait for the marathon. i always watch hp on abc when its on. I luv the deleted sceens and I havnt seen gof on tv yet so it should be fun. and of coursre cant wait for hbp stuff.

Avatar Image says:

harrypotterfan4life: what picture??where is it??

Avatar Image says:

even though i have all the movies on dvd i still enjoy watching them on tv better, even if they have the stupid commercials.

harrypotterfan4life: TLC announced that there was new photos of HBP and also gave links to the site that had them, but i think they didn’t post them in the galleries because they weren’t official

Yay!!

I will most definitly be viewing that!!

cross your fingers and hope for a preview of HBP!!

Avatar Image says:

yeah, really, harrypotterfan4life, where is it? all i know is the blurry picture of harry & ginny. where’s the “another” one?

Avatar Image says:

ok i never said they were loosing fans or anything! I luv leaky! I was just wondering. I don’t care if they have it in their galleries or not. And yeah i think it is unofficial that’s why they didn’t post it. i just thought i should let u guys know, in case u haven’t seen it and wanted to.

Avatar Image says:

Thank you., Quietus, for posting that “Leaky was asked to take down the pictures” by WB. They were legitimate WB photos and it, obviously “wasn’t time”. I agree that TLC excels in their honest and consistant reporting. Also, cooperating with WB. Ergo,I don’t think you’ll find any more pictures. Not until “it’s time” .I’m sure WB will get something out, soon. RE:’Prince Caspian’...I believe that was wishful thinking, on someone’s part. Unfortunately, as ‘Prince Caspian’ is a Disney film, they generally [though I have been wrong, before] only preview their own films. It think it is a better bet that the trailer, or whatever, will be on a WB film. Hang in there, folks! It won’t be long [I hope] Maybe, even a poster will appear!

Avatar Image says:

Well, how American.. An english book, english actors, english movie… but on a American holiday celebrating our freedom from the english.. Things that make you go Hummmmmm

Avatar Image says:

i just wanted to say sorry i caused trouble. =( oh and lily potter and christine of coarse i wasn’t taking about new pics, i ment “another pic” as in harry and ginny hugging because they haven’t posted it yet. sorry again, i just thought they didn’t know, so i said something.

Avatar Image says:

Maybe they’ll announce the date of the teaser… No later than 2 weeks after the movie is in theaters, no doubt.

Avatar Image says:

Hey, Nikki… While many Americans (a decreasing amount, though to be honest a life under those kings would have been horrible) are glad this happened, I don’t know anyone who’s, ya know, got some grudge against England or the UK… Especially since the Monarchy is no longer in absolute power there anyhow.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the update.I hope that the Harry Potter movie marathon,includes deleted scenes never before seen in theaters.

Avatar Image says:

While I’m excited, I do find it ironic that they are celebrating an American holiday with a British movie.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, thanks harrypotterfan4life for clearing it up. ;) I just thought you meant there was another picture of H/G. :D

Avatar Image says:

yay! i love when ABC has hp weekends! ill definitley be watching that. and hbp trailer u say? i cant wait to c that they better show it now thow cause now you guys got my hopes up! oh and i agree its way funner to watch the movies on tv for some reason??

Avatar Image says:

i hope that they air these in canada..our holiday is on the first.close enough!..praying to whoever is responsible for the trailer release..PLEASE HAVE SOMETHING DURING THIS WEEKEND!!!! WE’RE DYING HERE!

Avatar Image says:

If we don’t get a trailer there will be bloodshed.

sigh

Avatar Image says:

Ahh This is exciting! I love watching them on ABC Family. I’m especially anxious to see GoF since it’s new to the marathon. So much more fun than watching the dvds! ;D

Anywho, I hate to be a downer, but I seriously doubt the trailer will show up during this marathon. However I would be overjoyed to be wrong in this case, I just can’t see it happening. I’ll cross my fingers though!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah nice one Scully, you go Dementer and wowee wow Kiwi Mc I. You guys are sweets as. Lets try this now. I can post wat ever i choose 2 post when ever i like. this comment area is for the public to use so don’t tell me were i can or should post, FASCIST.

Sonja “Boo Boo” do uhav any idea how serious this yates issue isnt da time 4 stupid jokes like that, OK! Man this isn’t a game.

Dementor you couldn’t detect sarcasm it came up behind you and stuck a wand up your butt. was that sarcasm Scully used oh my God i feel like total moron face, how could i have made such a mistake, thanks for pointing that out to me Dementer. I apologies for calling you brain dead. man i feel stupid. That wasn’t sarcasm by the way, because i have no idea about this thing, you NORMAL people, call sarcasm.

I knew wat point you were trying to make Kiwi Mc I, i just wanted to feel the satisfaction of you having to go to the trouble of repeating yourself and having to explain what you ment. Thanks for making things clear though.It didn’t help though i still don’t understand what you were trying to tell me to do. Fascist. and i know your going to say that your not a fascist because you were just suggesting that i use a forum and not actually telling me wat to do, but your still a Fascist.

And Fran i understand im a mental case, but you forget i’m also a jerk. So we’re friends now right. Awsome. Can i come over today? I’ll call your, right. Cool. i’m so excited.

Also Kiwi Mc I, because you avoid everyone of my questions im going to avoid everyone of yours. Now you make a comment to my comment, then i will post a comment to yours and then Dementors clogged ass will expode, and the comments will continue. we are really starting to establish a strong reltionship with one another. I hope one day we will all be friends.

OOTP Movie sucks, still sucks and will suck till its dying sucky end.

P.S. Pee less.

Avatar Image says:

Nice. I hope they do show something HBP related during that weekend.

Ed Tom, I think it’s time to take your brain medicine again.

Avatar Image says:

I wish a channel in the UK would show a cut with the deleted scenes in. Le poo

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Finally they’re starting to show GoF, I wondered when they were going to do that.

Avatar Image says:

just to let everyone know… OOTP is on HBO on demand as of today… so you can watch all 5 this weekend if you have HBO….. ;)

Avatar Image says:

Exciting! Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is finally going to be shown on TV! I bet they will show some previews of the Half Blood Prince. That’s what they usually do when a new movie comes onto TV, they show previews of the next movie to come out to threatres.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. GoF for once. That’s my second favourite movie but PoA is my first fave cause Gary Oldman is in it ::cheeky smile::

Avatar Image says:

Posted by ”... what in the world…?! Am I being Leaky punk’d?! Look I honeslty have no idea what the deal is with you Mr Tom so I’m out. No more suggestions from me. Boycott from here on in!”

Thank you “Kiwi Mc I” you’ve made someone in the world very happy right now. BFF.

Thanks Fran, i knew i forgot to take something today. It’s so great having a friend that can remind about things. You still haven’t called me. i’m getting worried. Are you ok? Ok see you later BFF. XD

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait for to watch. Bring it on!!!

Write a Reply or Comment