PotterCast 157: No… Don’t Even Ask

364

Jun 26, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The 157th edition of
PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online with some fun Harry Potter related news, discussion, tomfoolery and so much more. First in the news, Sue brings us information on the latest numbers of online readers of the Harry Potter prequel, the series itself selling over 400 million copies worldwide, an overview of appearances by Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths at the Tony awards, EW’s 1000th issue, and a Wizard Rock the Vote update. We’re back to the Bit by Bit of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” where the quartet finishes off chapter twelve and discusses the Trio’s plan to infiltrate the Ministry. The next installment of “Are You Smarter Than John Noe?” comes up next with a slew of listeners battling wits with our John Dawlish. The Wrap Up follows with a bit on this week’s tech problems, John’s new place, the “We are Wizards” commentary, ComicCon info, and much more. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“No… Don’t Even Ask”

- Ten years of Harry Potter.
- 400 Million.
- Lots of death.
- Rock the Vote.
- Target for wizards.
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes help the war.
- Everything breaks.
- Listeners find out if they are smarter than our John Noe.
- John hears the bells.
- Frak and cats.
- Sue updates on ComicCon tickets.

RT: 48:40

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Andrew Garner and John Noe

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (22 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (6 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

19 Responses to PotterCast 157: No… Don’t Even Ask

Avatar Image says:

Thanks so much for persevering! Can’t wait to listen to a new episode . . .

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!! new episode… i love pottercast.. you guys rock

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!!!!!! Shouldn’t it be EW’s 1000th issue not the 100th?

Avatar Image says:

i LOVE going on to my itunes to find a new potter cast… thanks, guys… i love having FRAK join the group, i must say, even tho i thought i wouldnt (no offence, frak), but i’ve definetly changed my mind!

Avatar Image says:

Always worth the wait. Just finished downloading. I’ll be listening first thing tomorrow morning! Bed Now! Sleeeeeeep~!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the show, PotterCasters! And a big thanks especially to whoever worked to clean up the technical difficulties!

Avatar Image says:

Whoa! I was just listening to an old PotterCast from the summer before Deathly Hallows—the live show in Thousand Oaks. Melissa was speculating about what Dumbledore was seeing when he drank the cave potion, and she said, “Maybe his family got killed during his battle with Grindelwald, and that’s in his memory as well.” Not exactly right, but pretty close!

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha I opened two windows up at the same time by accident, and it gave this strange echoing effect xD

runs off to listen

Avatar Image says:

i love you guys, you keep me in touch with my harry potter self. yay for pottercast!!!

Pottercast…

Pottercast…

Does whatever a Pottercast can…

(sung to the tune of Spiderman)

Avatar Image says:

Cool cool cool, another PotterCast!

Fantastic show, PotterCast!*

How can I play “Are You Smarter The John Noe”? I really want to play, I think I’d be decent at it…

& I’ll see you all at ‘Comic-Con’!!! Squeee!

great potteracas!!!!

i couldn’t wait till u guys played “Are You Smarter Than John Noe?” again!

do we know any more info on leaky con 2009

Avatar Image says:

Pottercast sucks…just kidding.It rocks!!! Seriously!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Okay..I´m getting VERY VERY frustated here: WHY on earth can´t I read the comments to the “Katie Mulgrew joins the Equus cast” story…Is anyone else having the same problem. There´s NOTHING wrong with the other stories

Avatar Image says:

You could only read the comments for that article if you post a comment. This happened before too.

Avatar Image says:

ahhh PotterCast! i can’t wait till next weeks’ episode :)

Avatar Image says:

I’m so happy you people re-started “Are You Smarter Than John Noe?” , and with the added bonus of Frak’s FRIENDS quiz! And the return of Bit-By-Bit also! Oh, I loved this episode!! Great work guys! POTTERCAST ROCKS!!

Avatar Image says:

The new pottercast hasn’t appeared on the pottercast Itunes page. Whate do I do??!!

Write a Reply or Comment