Hindi Edition of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” Released

112

Jun 27, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Nearly a year after the publication of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” in the States and UK, the Hindi edition of the final installment in author J. K. Rowling’s series has been released. Starting on Friday, readers were able to purchase the book, which contains 724 pages and was translated by Sudhir Dixit and edited by Rajeev Agnihotri. An online report from SmashHits quotes Vikas Rakheja, a managing director from book publishers Manjul, as saying: “The quality and look of the Hindi edition is at par with international standards.” The story went on to note that a special seven book boxed set of the complete story in Hindi will be released this July.

13 Responses to Hindi Edition of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” Released

yey for them!

Avatar Image says:

wow they waited that long.

Avatar Image says:

is there a picture of the cover anywhere?

Avatar Image says:

Felipe – You can go to SnitchSeeker.com. I looked @ it, and it’s just the same as the US`s cover. (From what I saw – I only glanced at it for a second.)

Thanks Christine!

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be sure to run out and get it this very second.

Avatar Image says:

Weird, none of the people I know would have waited that long for the hindi edition, we’ve all savored DH in english already, lol

Avatar Image says:

HP is funtastic.. is great..

Avatar Image says:

They translated ‘Deathly Hallows’ as ‘Gifts of Death’ in Hindi. This is quite good as I have been thinking what they are going to name it as there is no commonly used one word for ‘Hallows’ in Hindi or any other north Indian language as far as I know.

Avatar Image says:

cool,gifts of death is not a bad name.i have been thinking about it too.but what i do not like abot is that they translate the spells also.extremely complicated!!!!

Avatar Image says:

To parvati patil : It might be complicated, but if you buy a Hindi edition, you should read it in Hindi as far as possible, isn’t it so ? In fact translated entirely makes it more delightful to read. My mother tongue is Bengali and I am a resident of West Bengal, India. I have seen some Bangladeshi editions of Harry Potter at College Street, Kolkata. They didn’t translate the title and used most of the english words in Bengali script without any need as Bengali has got specific words for ‘wizard’, ‘wand’ etc. For complex words like spells or words like ‘Horcrux’ special words can be constructed. Believe me, I couldn’t stand those editions for more than a few seconds. For me, a translator is nothing less than the writer, as he or she too has to visualize the story before translating.

well done

Avatar Image says: hi i m vispi

Write a Reply or Comment