New Preview of “Half-Blood Prince” Wii Video Game

118

Jun 28, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

EA, the makers of the Harry Potter video games, recently gave a preview of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game to Kotaku.com, who now has a report online detailing their experience with the game on the Wii platform. The article states the demo they played two parts, one being a potion-mixing minigame. Of this the reviewer states : “you’ve got a bubbling cauldron and a desk full of ingredients like little vials, bottles, leeches and caterpillars, and symbol-based instructions for each step of the potion-making scroll up in a little wheel to the screen’s right. A potion-making sim was a first for me, and I exploded the thing a few times, but it was mostly pretty fun, especially when you can tilt the Wii remote to spill a beaker’s contents into the cauldron and then make a stirring motion to whirl it up until the color changes. It’s all timed and ranks your precision, which was pretty fun.”

The second part of the demo involved a duel with Harry and Draco Malfoy, with the reviewer and a cohort doing battle, described as follows: “We faced off at either end of a long room, and you hold up the Wii remote to charge your wand for a powerful attack (leaving you undefended), or simply shake the remote in your opponent’s direction to fire off a series of quick bursts.

You use the Nunchuk to move side to side, and swinging both Wii remote and Nunchuk across your body causes you to produce a deflection shield that can send your opponent’s projectiles right back at him. Shaking both produces a special attack that can knock your opponent down or stun him.”

As we first reported a few days ago, the PC edition of the HBP game is now available for pre-order with a tentative November 30, 2008 release date, today the Wii platform is also available for pre-order in our Cauldron Shop at a price of $49.99 with the same release date.

14 Responses to New Preview of “Half-Blood Prince” Wii Video Game

Avatar Image says:

I’m so getting it, since it’s my two favorite things: HP and Wii!

Avatar Image says:

thats kool cant be long befor a tteaser and a poster…ive got a feeling one of the teaser posters is gonna be of harry on the astronomy tower

i want a trailer :(

Avatar Image says:

Sounds cool. The potion making thing sounds fun, we’ve never had anything like that before.

Cool. Now all we need are previews from HBP! Grr, WB! :DD

Avatar Image says:

COOL!!! Can not wait until HP comes out!! this mean some poster or even better a teaser. Harry Potter rocks forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care for the Wii System. Is there going to be a PlayStation 3 game to come out? I would be more interested in seeing that.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait, I’m beyond excited!!!

Avatar Image says:

i also hope that there will be a ps3 version- the potion game sounds fun, but it sounds like the game will just be a collection of minigames. I liked the first three because they played out as adventure games and were a lot more fun than subsequent games. PoA also had minigames, so I don’t mind if there’s an actual game along with the minigames. Just please don’t let it become a cheesy old-style collection of games!

Avatar Image says:

It won’t be all mini-games. I see it rather like OotP was. You had the storyline, and mini-games running along with it.

Avatar Image says:

I want the PC version of the game to have all these amazing things . I want to mix potions!!

Avatar Image says:

The game sounds REALLY good. I loved the Wii version of OotP, and the HBP game sounds like it’s going to be even better.

Avatar Image says:

Sound’s great!!_^ I can’t wait for it to come out. It should be alot greater on the wii. Harry Potter rules, to bad i can’t find the film time table on the Showcase Cinima site, ¬_¬ (Idiots!! Why would they not have HP on it!!)

HP RULES!! ^

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I looooooooove Harry Potter and the games that go with them!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting it. and I have the WII so I’m all set. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! OMG I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :) =] :D AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA omg!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment