Robbie Coltrane to Appear on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (Updated)

394

Jun 06, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Scores of readers let us know that actor Robbie Coltrane will be a guest on the “Friday Night with Jonathan Ross” program, which will be broadcast tonight from 10:35 pm – 11:35 pm on BBC One in the UK. In this press preview, Robbie mentions his hopes for film version of his hit series “Cracker.” UPDATE: A rough copy of the interview is now online at YouTube, where Mr. Coltrane briefly mentions the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, noting the film is finished filming and is currently in the post-production phase where the CGI work is being completed. He also stated he would be doing “Deathly Hallows” next year.

Thanks to all who owled!

28 Responses to Robbie Coltrane to Appear on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (Updated)

Yay first comment!!

cool, might watch it

Avatar Image says:

My Dad Loves Hagrid he thinks he is sooo funny. He almost said something that echoed what harry said in the Chamber of Secrets movie – He said ” It wouldnt be any fun without Hagrid”. Robbie will be the second HP actor on Johnathan Ross- Helena was on there talkin about Bellatrix last year. I dont live in England so I cant watch it. I live across the pond, in North Dakota, USA. But hopefully someone records it.

Avatar Image says:

Yay 2nd comment. Please post I don’t live in England and I would love to watch it.

Avatar Image says:

Yay 2nd comment. Please post it. I don’t live in England and I would love to watch it.

Avatar Image says:

Ah c’mon Jonathon will definetly ask him about it. C’mon Mr Coltrane, please dish some dirt

Avatar Image says:

those in england who are gonna miss it, just watch it on the bbc iPlayer instead. i hope they show a new clip from harry potter. will make my week that will!

Avatar Image says:

Never fear folks, it’ll probably be up in Youtube a few hours after it airs. Loads of “Wossies” interviews are.

Avatar Image says:

Il definitely be watching this, dont know how to cap it on to the computer though. Would be great if they had a clip from hbp

Avatar Image says:

Jonathan will DEFINITELY ask him about HBP.He did the same thing with Carter last year.I mean, it’s one of his future projects.I’d love to hear something about his part and the film of course.And a clip would be awesome but I doubt it.

Avatar Image says:

He’s not going to be second Bellasnape, Daniel’s been on twice as well as Helena Bonham Carter. Pretty sure Maggie Smith’s been on too, though don’t quote me on that one

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, there is no way Jonathan will not ask Coltrane about his role as Hagrid. Jonathan himself loves the movies and always talk about taking his kids to see them. Radcliffe has indeed been on twice. John Hurt (Ollivander) has been on it recently (and yes Ross asked him about that too, if he will be in the last one! I think he said he doesnt know).

Avatar Image says:

lol thts mega creepy, i was just deciding whether i would other watching jonathan ross or not as i clicked onto leaky. will defo watch, should be a good interview x

Avatar Image says:

also hes not even close to being the first potter actor on, not just dan and helen bonham carter but loads more – its a big chat show and like half (or more) of all of britains good actors are in the movies. i know david tennant for one has been on

Avatar Image says:

Dan, David Tennant, Julie Walters, and Helena have been on the show. There may have been more… maybe before they were relevant to the HP series.

Avatar Image says:

John Hurt, David Tennant, Helena BC, Julie Walters, Daniel Radcliffe and loads of other hp actors have been on the show before. Will def be watching this.

Avatar Image says:

boo so far just a clip from poa

Avatar Image says:

Well you cant expect footage from HBP yet, without gettinjg the teaser first! My favourite Hagrid scene is everytime he says “Shouldnt have said that!” Such a nice guy and funny too.

Avatar Image says:

just watched it, was good, not too much talk about HBP though which is a shame! but they did talk about angles that they use to create hagrid’s giantness, and roobie’s like other tv series such as B-road Britain and Cracker.

can’t ever imagine anyone but Robbie playing Hagrid, he’s just excellent!

Avatar Image says:

He also mentioned that the filming was finished and was to be realsed around thanksgiving. Nothing we diddn’t know. It was a trailer of prisoner of azkaban. And that Roberts kid said that he would be stupid if he turned down the role ( when he was thinking of taking the role as Hagrid). And yeah, he also said that the movie was now under all the computer things to fix. ;P

Avatar Image says:

I loved Cracker, esp the first series when it had more humour in it. It was the first time I had seen Coltrane in a non-comedy role. He was brilliant in it. If they do a film version I hope they get Jimmy McGovern to write it and have the same characters, Ricky Tomlinson and the woman who played ‘Panhandle’.

Avatar Image says:

I watched robbie on jonathen ross last nite it was a good show :) cant wait til th trailor comes out hurry up warner brothers please :)

Avatar Image says:

It was funny when Jonathon asked him if they had to pad out his body and stomach to make him look bigger as Hagrid Robbie’s reply was “Sadly, no”!

Avatar Image says:

The woman who played Penhaligon (aka Panhandle) inj Cracker is Geraldine Somerville…Lily Potter!

Great interview !!

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG IT WAS MY VIDEO THAT WAS POSTED! AHH COOL . I JUST EMAILED LEAKY TO LET THEM KNOW, DID NOT REALISE THEY KNEW ALREADY. OMG IM SOOO HAPPY! HAHA IM SO SAD LOL

THANKS TO ALL WHO WATCHED THE VID!

Haha yeah I really laughed at that too Professor Potter

Avatar Image says:

whoopee, robbie coltrane rocks we all know NOW WHERES THE TRAILER?!

Avatar Image says:

I agree, Professor Potter and Kiwi. When Jonathon asked Robbie if they had to do anything to make his body look bigger, Robbie’s “Sadly, no” was definitely a “laugh out loud” moment for me.

Write a Reply or Comment