Join Leaky and PotterCast at San Diego Comic Con!

Jul 15, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

As you might have heard on PotterCast, at the end of this month, Sue Upton and I serve on a Harry Potter phenomenon panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, the annual fantasy and sci-fi convention that brings over 100,000 fans from all over the globe. The panel is on Sunday, July 27 at 10:30 a.m. in Room 2 of the convention center hosting the event. Called “Muggles, Wizards and Fans in the World of Harry Potter,” it’s Comic-Con’s first ever Potter panel. More info below:

From 10:30-11:30 on Sunday, June 27th, In Room 2, The San Diego Comic-Con will be presenting it’s first Harry Potter panel! It’s Muggles, Wizards, and Fans in the World of Harry Potter ” Panel members Erin Pyne (author of A Fandom of Magical Proportions), Sue Upton (senior editor of www.the-leaky-cauldron.org and co-host of PotterCast), Melissa Anelli (author of Harry: A History), and Heidi Tandy (webmaster, Fiction Alley) will have wands at ready as they discuss what makes Harry Potter fans so different from members of other fandoms. How has the HP fandom affected the development of the books and movies? Moderated by notorious Muggle Eric Bowling – the panel will include a Q&A with our panel and should be great fun!

You can get a ticket for the full Sunday docket at this link; these conferences usually sell out, so move quickly if you want to join in the fun! We can’t wait to go to Comic-Con for the first time – see you there!

23 Responses to Join Leaky and PotterCast at San Diego Comic Con!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to see you guys there!! :-)

Avatar Image says:

Will this be recorded, and turned into a pottercast special?

Or is it just if your there your there

Avatar Image says:

Typo! You spelled July as June.

Avatar Image says:

Oh gracious! Are you guys gonna be around during the whole week? I wouldn’t be there on Sunday =[

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to see all of you there! I just took a peek at the ticket sales for Sunday and it’s the only day that isn’t sold out yet, but it is very close.

Now, if only I could decide which of my wands to bring…

Avatar Image says:

Yep… its should be July not June.

Avatar Image says:

Awww, I can’t go. June has already passed! ;)

Avatar Image says:

You can go if you have a time turner :-)

Avatar Image says:

AGH! It was late. LOL. Fixing.

Avatar Image says:

WHOOP WHOOP! Can’t wait to see you there!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I can’t wait to see you there

Avatar Image says:

Squee!* This is fantastic!* I’m ridiculously exited, I’ve been looking forward to this ever since I heard it on PotterCast, I’ve never been to a place with a bunch of”Potterheads” before, I can’t wait!* I’ll be the stupidly happy, 14 year old girl with brown, curly hair….So if you see me, feel free to come over and say ‘Hi’. Thanks Melissa and Sue, we love you!*

Avatar Image says:

i’ve been waiting for this news since hearing it on pottercast.. Then when they put the schedule up on the comic con page i bought my ticket.. I’m glad this event is in my hometown so i don’t have to travel too much.. lol.. can’t wait to see you guys there, i’m soooo excited…

Avatar Image says:

You lucky ducks! Get me Cedric’s autograph pls… I heard RP is going to be there in a huge Twilight panel as well (24th). Me and about 10 other people I know have y’all to blame for getting us hooked on Twilight through your squeeing about it on Pottercast. But yeah for a great reading recommendation! Enjoy the con, I am sure it will be head spinning whirl of activities. Watch out for splinching in your rush to get from fun to more fun.

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic-y’all are on my Sunday schedule for sure! You’ll recognize me; I look just like my picture! ;)

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic!! Y’all are on my Sunday schedule for sure! You’ll recognize me; I look just like my picture! (only without the dashes)

Avatar Image says:

Horray! I’ve been waiting for a HP panel at comic-con since I started going. =D I can’t wait to see you guys there.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness! aughra : Is that going to be your costume? Your icon picture?

Avatar Image says:

Well if you don’t have your passes yet, sad to say but Comic Con ‘08 is Sold Out!! Lucky for me I have mine!! Can’t wait to see everyone. I live in Tijuana so I don’t have to travel far. I recomend taking the San Diego Trolly!!

Avatar Image says:

LOL Ava, no, I don’t do costumes. Though I do have the height and figure, and used to have the wild hair, to pull Aughra off!

But I do have that very picture on my lanyard for the ever-present CC pass. It’s been my nick for over a decade now; I even answer to it if someone hollers it across a crowded convention room! After all, there are many Lynns in the world, but only one aughra! ;-)

Avatar Image says:

aughra : Ha ha! Oh! Thought I’d ask, you never know, right? Especially at Comic-Con!

Avatar Image says:

Too right! Though, rumor has it that the really WILD cosplay is at DragonCon in Atlanta. But they frighten me!

My idea of dress up at a con is a Hawaiian or Mambo shirt. I’m on vacation! ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Sweet! Can’t wait to get a glimse of you all there!

Write a Reply or Comment