Video of Rupert Grint on the Set of “Cherrybomb”

288

Jul 18, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

As readers will remember, TLC reported previously that actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has taken a role in a new film called “Cherrybomb,” which is currently in production. Further news about this project comes today via a new video online showing Rupert and his co-star, James Nesbitt, on set of the film in Belfast, Ireland. The two minute video features a short interview with Rupert and his co-star, who discuss what attracted them to the film, what it is like filming in Northern Ireland, and a little about the story of the film. Rupert also notes in the interview his wish to do “something a bit different” from Harry Potter with his project and the challenge of acting with a new accent. The interview also notes that “Cherrybomb” is slated for a general release around this time next year.

Actor Rupert Grint will be seen next in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film, when it is released in theaters this November.

32 Responses to Video of Rupert Grint on the Set of “Cherrybomb”

ZOMG first comment? e_e

I’m so excited about his new project—I was hoping he’d have one lined up and then BAM, there it is. He’s adorable, as always. Like the hair…

Avatar Image says:

I’m actually glad to see him doing something a little darker and serious. The “clown” that Warner Brothers let him settle into during the Potter series doesn’t really do him much credit. He has a lot of natural acting talent, and this may well give him a chance to show it off a little more. Good for Rupert. We all wish you luck!

Avatar Image says:

this is amazing!! I agree with you Aaron I think this is a great opportunity for him to show what he is really capable of doing as an actor, hopefully will get so see some tibidts of the moie before it’s release. He looks very cute and I love his hair!!

Avatar Image says:

Haha I can’t wait to hear Rupert’s ‘new accent’. I agree redreh, he is adorable as always!

Avatar Image says:

Can someone make the vdo to downloadable please. I can’t watch it. help please I want to see some Rupes so bad.

Rupert looks a bit like Damon Albarn in this vid. Swoon! :D

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to Rupert, looks like a movie I’d definitely want to see.

It must be amazing having the liberty to switch roles, sets, and casts al the time. Hopefully I find myself in a similar environment one day.

Avatar Image says:

is he wearing his own clothes of the character clothes…I wonder why Rupert finds projects where he doesn’t have to change his appearance at all, like grow a beard or cut his hair really short or dress in a different way that doesn’t look like the Rupert of every day.

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG! this is so exciting! he looks so hot! I want him:D ! and film sounds great, I can’t wait! I loved Driving lessons and I’m sure I’m going to love this one. Is that blondie “the one” in the film? I hope so,she’s sweet.

Avatar Image says:

AHHHH I LOVE RUPERT!!!!!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert Grint is in Belfast now?! ie ONE HOUR AWAY FROM ME!! Leaky do you have ANY idea where abouts they’re filming. Oh my God!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG :) This movie is going to be great. I love Rupert.

Excellent…Rupy w/a Irish accent…nice! Lucky Charms Cereal

Avatar Image says:

can I just correct one thing? I’m pretty sure you’re talking about James Nesbitt and not Nesbet. I love his work, he’s a really good actor, in both funny and really dark type of filming.

Avatar Image says:

Omg this page is incredible…when one new about Rupert is posted,only positive comments but when is a new about Dan or Emma(most about awards)ALWAYS Rupert’s fans say how perfect,great and fantastic is Rupert…this is a fans club of Rupert or what’s happen here??i don’t understand you.

Avatar Image says:

Haha, I live in Belfast! Can’t say I’ve seen Rupert danderin about though!

Love me some Rupert Grint! <3<3

Avatar Image says:

Harry SOMETHING OR OTHER? Mate, your just an idiot.

And Rupert’s has some memorable nights out, eh? ;) Wonder what he’s been up to… ring me, Rupert. I’ll give you one, haha! <3 (sorry, I had to)

Can’t wait for this film!

Avatar Image says:

Harry Something or Other…that is called sarcasm. He was joking.

Avatar Image says:

thanx cat…4 clearing that up..i guess some people didn’t catch that…but omg i luv RUPES… his acting is really underestimated but he’s really good.( by the way did i spell that right)

Avatar Image says:

Well, to the person who asked, he was wearing his own clothes (he seems to love that jacket. I like it too. ) And from what I’ve heard from a set report, he just may well look different as his character. We’ll have to wait and see….

I hope that he is truly challenged and that he rises to the occasion.

Also, I’m glad that the the HP actors are doing other stuff to fill in the drought between HBP and the first DH movie.

Avatar Image says:

Rupyy!! He´s adorable, I luv him!! Even though he´s not a very …how do I say…talkative person…it just makes him more adorable!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad to see him in another movie besides Harry Potter. I love him as Ron, but I think he will be great in this one also. I have wanted to see him in something different since I saw Driving Lessons. Way to go Rupert!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The movie sounds great, can’t wait to see it. Although it did not get much screen time, I loved his movie Driving Lessons. It is about time that Rupert gets more recognition because we always see Daniel and Emma getting recognized but Rupert seems to always be in the background. He has great potential to be a great actor beyond the Harry Potter series. Best of luck!!!

Avatar Image says:

jeez that’s nice!!! finally he’s started 2 act as something else other than RONALD WEASLY!!!

Avatar Image says:

The Northern Irish accent is VERY hard to get right, and if you don’t, it will completely ruin the film, so I hope he has a good accent teacher. Otherwise I shall be watching this from behind my hands, cringing.

Avatar Image says:

I’m with you there Susan, it’s so easy to tell when you’re not from N. Ireland and some people just down right butcher it… Brad Pitt in The Devil’s Own… need I say more? Shudder

Avatar Image says:

Ha Ha, I know what you mean Kiwi Mc I. I read somewhere a local reporter asked Grint about the accent and he replied using it. They said it was very good but we’ll have to wait and see.

Avatar Image says:

So, is there a difference between a Northern Irish accent and an Irish accent? I also heard from some people that Rupert Grint’s character (I forget what they said he was called, but I do remember that his character’s name was creepy and strange-sounding) drinks, does drugs, shoplifts, steals cars, and dies.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve had a blast seeing what Dan and Emma can do outside of HP, and I can’t wait to see Rupert’s work too. He’s such a talented actor, I see him going places for sure.

does any1 no where you can see the preveiw for the next movie

Avatar Image says:

this sounds great cant wait to see it :)

Write a Reply or Comment