Wizarding World of Harry Potter Construction Site Adds New Signs

Jul 19, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Updates tonight regarding the ongoing progress for the future site of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction being build at Universal Orlando, Florida. IOACentral.com has posted photos of new signs on the construction barriers at the park, which feature “two owls around Hogwarts castle, and a symbol representing Hogsmeade.” You can see these new photos via this link.

At last word, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was scheduled for a December 2009 opening.

Thanks so to David and IOACentral!

20 Responses to Wizarding World of Harry Potter Construction Site Adds New Signs

Avatar Image says:

kewl i can’t wait until it opens…i live an hour & a half away… yay!!!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait for this! I’m more excited for the Hogsmeade shops than Hogwarts…

Avatar Image says:

this is going to be so tight!!!!

Avatar Image says:

wooohooo….. I can’t wait, i’m sooo exicted…

I can wait either!

Im just thankful that I live near :)

Http://crafttutorials.net

Avatar Image says:

i live in the UK :( it looks amazing though. sounds it too.

Avatar Image says:

I just got back from a trip to the US, and I was actually ind IOA, and I saw that green wall-thingie, but there were no signs on it when I was there, and it was last monday!

Avatar Image says:

Wow…I really, really, really hope they stick to schedule…

See, I turn 21 in December 2009, and since Harry Potter’s always been a huge part of my life, I would really like to spend my birthday in HP World!

Avatar Image says:

Emma’s going to be busy in December, with promotion for “The Tale of Despereaux” following promotion for HBP, and then the theme park opening.

Avatar Image says:

I’m taking, no dragging, my hubby as soon as it opens!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I live in Orlando and I will be at the opening. I just wish it could open sooner, so I can leave this state. But I must stay tell the opening of Harry Potter at Universal.

Avatar Image says:

There is so much castle type construction there already. I wonder if they are planning to recycle any of it or are they going to start completely fresh for the HP build out?

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, I splinched myself. I went and looked at something else on the site and came back here and my post was sitting here unposted and the time bar wasn’t moving. But now there are two posts.

My apologies

Avatar Image says:

Cindy, I am with you. I live over in the Tampa Bay area and I want out of this state as soon as possible but there is that whole Florida resident ticket price thing and I can be there in an hour so I put my move on hold just for HP. :)

Avatar Image says:

I moved back to Florida to be near my family, and it turns out that my new job is right near Universal. Yay!

Hey Craft Tutorials that is a wonderful blog – thanks, I bookmarked it!

Avatar Image says:

well we do deserve a HP theme park!!! better gee up on starting that!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I CAN WAIT TO THE AMAZING Wizarding World of Harry Potter .AHHHH!!! I AM CRAZY IN MY HOUSE THINKING ABOUT THIS PARK.THE PEOPLE JUST GONNA HAVE FUN WHIT THIS PARK. I’M A HUGE HUGE HUGE FAN OF HARRY POTTER.RON AND HARRY ARE SOOOOO HOTTT AN SEXY!!! OMG!! BYEEE GO TO THE PARK NEXT SUMMER!!!

Avatar Image says:

more news: A stone bridge has been built to connect the Hogwarts grounds to the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. An extremely long take along the bridge has been shot for a sequence that (obviously) features Hogsmeade. Only David Yates, Bruno Delbonnel and other crew were present during the filming (that is, no cast members were present). If left in unedited, this take will easily outstrip Alfonso Cuaron’s well-received long takes in Children of Men. (this was “filler transition material” being shot. the length of the take was intentional)

a deluge of HBP info may be expected in 10 days time

Avatar Image says:

I”m a 60 year old Potter lover who just returned from Florida. While there I took 4 pictures of the ongoing construction left of the dueling dragons as you are facing the entrance to DD.

Could someone e me, and tell me where to upload them?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh!!!!

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!! I absolutely cannot wait!!! aaahhhhhhhhh! squeee! this can’t happen fast enough!!

Write a Reply or Comment