114

Jul 02, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Empireonline.com has now launched a preview of the new edition of their magazine, which features an in-depth preview of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film. The cover features a brand new photo of a bloodied and tattered looking Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter, which you can see here via this link. Harry’s glasses are cracked and the headline reads “Bloody Hell: Harry Comes Out Fighting.”

There is also an excerpt of the preview contained in this special magazine viewer available via this link (please allow for load time), which shows a second photo of a reflective Harry, standing in the corridors of Hogwarts. The preview excerpt reads “Dark times lie ahead for everybody’s favorite bespectaled wizard as he enters his penultimate year at Hogwarts. Having dealt with a tragic loss, a repeatedly resurrected nemesis and the awkward onset of puberty, Harry Potter’s six big screen outing finds him entering into a new and fateful stage of his life. We talk to cast and crew about making magic, floating corpses and approaching the saga’s end. “

Thanks Alejandro!

58 Responses to New “Half-Blood Prince” Preview, Photo of Bloodied Harry Potter in Empire Magazine

Avatar Image says:

That picture is rather horridly realistic! Almost like the Empire is pitching the movie as a horror film….

Yay for this! :D

Look cool to me!

Avatar Image says:

Hmm. It took me a minute to figure out the ‘interactive’ part of the link. I wish I could magnify the page, though. I can’t quite read it. And since this is the August issue, we’ll probably get it sometime in late August / early September. That being said, I usually love Empire’s articles on almost any movie. At least it’s a tiny taste. But, WHERE’S THE TEASER TRAILER?

Avatar Image says:

Personally, I think the photo looks good. Interesting, very interesting indeed.

Avatar Image says:

Your welcome :) And yes, the load is slow but the image is cool

Avatar Image says:

Holy mother of a fricken banshee! That picture just totally got me pumpedddd. (: Maybe he’s so bloodied up because of the attack @ the Burrow? Or perhaps the battle towards the end?! OMG. This movie is going to ROCK now. =D

Avatar Image says:

The interactive bit took longer than I thought it to load, but it was quite good. I really like the y profile shot of harry!

and i concur, mkm: WHERE IS OUR TEASER TRAILER?? I suspect it is with Dark Knight, but who knows?

Avatar Image says:

I smell a trailer out of the oven!!!!!

LOL @ iLeana`s comment. =) The trailer better be freshhhh then! XD

Avatar Image says:

Wow, the picture is awesome! Hopefully we’ll get a trailer soon!

Avatar Image says:

The cover might be when he goes and fights snape after snape kills dumbledore, what does anyone else think?

I really dont have a clue what the 2nd one could be.

trailer, trailer, trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just came! I LOVES IT!

Co-sign with Kristine.

Avatar Image says:

holy…He looks so young! He looks beautiful even battered and bloody! I love the cover, Empire rarely covers HP at all. I can live without the trailor, the more we don’t see, the better the surprise i say.

Avatar Image says:

Is it really true that they are making DH into two films?

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah they are, OhYEAH!

Avatar Image says:

omg daniel radcliffe is soooo hot!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am SO, SO excited right now. That picture is awesome. Awesome. The anticipation is tedious, but worth it at the same time.

Avatar Image says:

This is the hottest pic of Dan I’ve seen in a long time. Bloody and beautiful….like Sweeney Todd! LOL

I just came again!

I SERIOUSLY agree with DeathlyH!

Both so yummy!

Avatar Image says:

Defiantly the most interesting picture I’ve seen From all the leaked pics we’ve seen. I’d say it’s probably for the battle at the end or just was the cave seen.

As for the Teaser Trailer I’m hoping for The Dark Knight Too, but we can’t forget about Comic Con.

Avatar Image says:

WHOOOHOOOOOO!!! About damn time! Articles and information…. and the trailer is coming, the trailer is coming!! It is starting to happen, people! FINALLY!!

Avatar Image says:

When I saw “New ‘Half-Blood Prince’ Preview” I nearly broke my neck and hand and whatever trying to get to this as fast as I could ! Lol. :) I thought it was a video or something. (*I wish!) Anyway, yes, the trailer is coming…. All my hope and faith goes towards The Dark Knight. & if the trailer isn’t with that … I’ve no idea how my hope & faith is going to come back. :(

Avatar Image says:

This picture is probably a view of Harry we won’t see in the film. Anybody remember the picture of a tearful Harry outside with a gash in his head? We didn’t see that in the film. Besides, he was just as bloody in film 1.

link to OotP tearful Harry: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/harrypotterbloodybig.jpg

I just hope HBP isn’t a disappointment like the end of OotP (specifically all the DoM). No, it’s not what they cut out, but how Yates handled it. The fight was easily the most underwhelming action scene and climax in the series (maybe because the best shots were seen in every ad). I walked out very disappointed. I just hope Yates finds his footing and delivers an ending to this franchise that will put the Potter films with another modern classic, The Lord of the Rings.

Avatar Image says:

That pic is awesome!! Very cool, I really like how Harry looks. I noticed Daniel shows powerfull emotions in all the pics we’ve seen, and that’s not easy, so kudos to him, he is doing a great work.

Avatar Image says:

I think the picture of dan and is cracked glasses is from the burrow scene. And for the second picture it looks like dan is wearing his hogwarts overcoat. Can anyone tell me if you can tell if his eyes are closed. I think the picture is from Dumbledore’s funeral.

Avatar Image says:

I think the trailer will be released with the dark knight. Since we already have the teaser poster they might as well give us a teaser trailer soon. I hope it’s like 2 to 3 minutes long.

Avatar Image says:

“We talk to cast and crew about making magic, floating corpses....” So … inferi then !? Awesome. (:

@ Will – wow. I’ve never seen that picture of Dan / Harry. That’s a really sad photo. I just wished they would have put that in …. :(

Avatar Image says:

I hope we get some pictures of the other cast memeber soon

Avatar Image says:

Didn’t we already see that second picture? Except at the time it wasn’t official.

Avatar Image says:

Um… in the second picture…is Harry standing in front of a Hogwarts urinal?

Avatar Image says:

WOW, his face is all like “Voldemort I’m going to eat you! snarl” Great!

I can’t wait for the trailer, wouldn’t it be sad if it ends up being the shortest one yet. I think I would cry. WB you better deliver on this one!

Avatar Image says:

when’s this hitting newsstands?

Avatar Image says:

AGAHJJAGH! (that’s about the noise I made in really high pitch)

When this magazine comes out, that means PICTURES! And INTERVIEWS! And AHHH!! YAYYY.

There’s another photo somewhere of Harry in the same place he is in the second photo, but looking sad and having slid down the wall a bit. Oh my goodness, I CAN’T WAIT to see Dan bloom even more. His acting really impresses me.

And I’m kind of excited about them adding action in. :)) CAN’T WAIT for the news to start!! And I think I will have to get this magazine (I may end up accidentally consuming it).

Avatar Image says:

WOW. This is when all the actions start. These are like teaser pictures to get us all pumped up for the trailer which I am sure is coming soon. I bet they are going to like put out a few more good pictures(at least 2) before putting out the trailer though. But im not complaining so..ya.

Oh AND i think this is after the cave seen because since there is going to be no dumbeldore funeral scene, this is probably how he looks after Dumbledore gets killed.

Avatar Image says:

I agree that this is not something we’ll see in the film. It honestly looks like a studio shot. HOWEVER, that does not make it less cool—he looks FA-BU-LICKABLE-LOUS. Especially since I know that fake blood is flavoured like mint…

Also, that picture from OotP-I swear, I don’t know why that don’t put scenes like that that we CLEARLY saw in the DVD cut scenes-I don’t care that its only a 3 second long clip—I want to see it! That was clearly taken outside the lake, where Harry’s mourning Sirius (at least, that’s my conclusion.) There was also the scene where Ron gives Harry the “your the man” fist. And then nadda on the DVDs. Its like, why do I even buy them???

Avatar Image says:

PS— Still hate the cross-out feature for breaks.

Also; someone said that b/c this magazine is August, it won’t come out till then. Au contraire! Most magazines come out about a month before their labeled month, its just how they operate. So we should expect the whole of this VERY soon!

Avatar Image says:

Could this be an image of Harry after Draco kicks his behind on the Hogwarts train?

Avatar Image says:

I think this pic is AWESOME!!!!!!!. But, I am having trouble reading the article. Any suggestions?

Btw, I hope we get the teaser trailor this week.

Avatar Image says:

that’s a great photo of Dan as Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

The new issue of Empire probably will come out the second week of the month IN ENGLAND. over here, teh magazines from overseas usually come out the month following or more.. (although you might find the new issues in LA or NYC?) Blah. Sigh. long wait.

Avatar Image says:

here’s the latest get excited-hbp is coming!

Avatar Image says:

Now all he needs to do is taste his own blood then go crazy and fight everyone à la Bruce Lee!

Avatar Image says:

I sense a conveniently placed Occulus Reparo will appear in HBP, which I’m okay with as long as someone other than Hermione does it.

This image has me really excited for the film, more so than I thought it would. Hopefully this means a trailer is next in the queue for WB.

Seriously though, why are they being so secretive? Any ideas?

Avatar Image says:

It’s not so much being secretive as it is they know they don’t have to spend money on advertising, unlike most other films. A WB rep said as much in some other interview. ( i think in an article about Narnia? or the new Batman because of the Heath Ledger death. ) Also they do want to wait for the right moment, not too early. They would want to place the first trailor with a WB product (as opposed to another company’s movie) because people have been known to flock to the theatre just to get a glimpse of the new movie. They will try to tease that audience into getting interested in the new movie, if they haven’t been interested before. (The rest of us are a given lol)

Avatar Image says:

Oh thank goodness….news at last. I was starting to think we’d never hear anything! This is great, hopefully its the start of a flood of info.

GREAT pix, I can’t wait. Its great having something HP related to look forward to again :) Roll on Nov :)

Avatar Image says:

I was just on at the Empire forums and actually Empire is normally out the last friday of the month. They were later than usual and people were starting to comment and wondering what the problem was. The editor? said this

“There’s been no problem, it’s just that the issue date is being more strictly enforced at the moment. It hardly seemed worthy of comment. Copies should appear tomorrow. “

The power of HP! Whoohoo, they had to hold off until July because they (rightly so) put Harry on the cover. (Preview issure, you see)

Avatar Image says:

cool…..finally real hbp pics—published!

Avatar Image says:

Finally, we have something!!!! I love the first pic!

Avatar Image says:

i literally cried when i saw the cover! maybe because this is the penultimate film to a great series. can’t wait to whip out my harry t-shirt(s) and watch this movie in the theatre when it comes out!

Avatar Image says:

I think this is what says in the first bit of the article:

Having batted aside familial death, a resurrected foe (repeatedly and with screaming gusto) and the sticky beginnings of puberty, Harry Potter now faces probably his greatest obstacle so far. No, this has little to do with the film being darker (…) be one step down the ? chart… nor that man whose name must not be spoken. The great obstacle for Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, which might initially appear insurmountable(?), is that many people, given a number of diehard fans, wouldn’t wholly object to skipping this episode and going right on to the finale… as long as we could have that bit where the big character dies (…) as a prologue. Harry Potter 6 is a unique proportion(?) in the series’ filmic canon, in that it’s the first to come along after we found out the big ending with the publication of series finale Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. Knowing the ultimate fates(?) of Harry and friends (and foes) ? removes a bit of sensation from Half-Blood Prince, which could potentially feel a bit like a ‘Previously on Harry Potter’ recap. However, knowing how the whole wizard ??? ends could well prove to be the film’s greatest ally.

Looks like they’re not really talking about the film, but more about the effect of the release of the final book on the making of the final films.

Anyone have any idea about the missing words I didn’t get? ;)

Avatar Image says:

Danradcliffe.com has the full article on their site now. I think this movie will upset the die-hards who hate seeing scenes added in exchange for other scenes being cut. I believe it was Heyman who said in the article their will only be a couple flashbacks, so that we don’t get pulled to far away from the narrative. We’ve known this for awhile, but this confirms it. I guess it makes sense, but I’m worried that the real purpose of the story (to discover the existence of horcruxes) will be lost in the other sub-plots. Granted I’ve always felt HBP would be a difficult film to make with out feeling completely disjointed, so if they can make it work with only a couple flashbacks, I’ll be happy.

Avatar Image says:

He even looks like he has green eyes in this one! I know he doesn’t, but it’s still nice to dream…

Avatar Image says:

DANEILLE u look adorable!! woot woot for picture…..im convinced that the trailer will come out with batman!!

Avatar Image says:

On the cover shot did they move Harry’s scar to the left because I seem to be having a false memory of it being on the right. XD

Avatar Image says:

poor Harry…....................... BUT SO SEXY!

His hair is so short :(