“Order of the Phoenix” Film Helps Boost British Box Office for 2007

221

Jul 21, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The Telegraph is reporting that the British film industry saw a jump in its 2007 global profits, thanks partially to the success of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film. New figures released by the UK Film Council show that a fifty percent jump from last year’s takings was seen in 2007 with, as we reported previously, the fifth Potter film taking the spot of highest grossing British film of the year. The article goes on to note that Order of the Phoenix grossed a total of “£470 million worldwide” and “July 2007 was the biggest single month of cinema-going in Britain for almost 40 years.” In total, the paper reports, the industry took in approximately £1.65 billion ($3.3 billion). The CEO of the UK Film Council, John Woodward, looks forward to this year at the movies, saying in the article:

“Last year we had a great crop of British films and a good year at the box office. We’ve got more to look forward to this year with a Bond and a Potter, as well as Brideshead Revisited, How To Lose Friends and Alienate People and Keira Knightley as The Duchess all due in cinemas soon.”

The sixth installment, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,”. will hit theaters this November.

13 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” Film Helps Boost British Box Office for 2007

Avatar Image says:

hahahaha first ever comment :):):):)

Avatar Image says:

This made me laugh! Harry Potter…. help boost British cinema takings? Whoever would have thought it?! ;-)

Wow SHOCKING. ;)

Another point for Team Potter.

Avatar Image says:

Who woulda thunk it? Harry Potter’s popular and helps boost the Brittish box-office? Cool though.

Avatar Image says:

I think I contributed about a half of that OotP total. Alright I’m exagerrating – slightly!!

Avatar Image says:

On a differnet movie note-If you like Musicals, ABBA Music and just a fun movie go see Mamma Mia. Julie Walters is so great in this film she will have you cracking up. I saw it Friday and loved it.

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha. Excellent. Bet Half-Blood Prince beats it.

I know I’m intending to see it about ten times.

yay harry potter :D

Big surprise there.

Louise, I saw Mama Mia on Friday with my mom and it was hilarious! I would have seen TDK but there was way too many people that day. I wasn’t in the mood to wait in line. We decided to see Mama Mia and so glad we did! Julie Walters was my favorite in it! She cracked me up the whole time! I love her! My mom couldn’t help saying “Mrs. Weasley is so funny!” lol

Avatar Image says:

ZOMG NO WAI! XD Stories like this make me laugh. For some reason they just don’t expect it.

Avatar Image says:

ahhh i was just commenting about this yesterday! am v glad tht ootp did so well in last year’s film takings..i only hope tht hbp this yr will do very well and surpass the takings of dark knight!

Avatar Image says:

thats funnii seeing gow that was the worst potter film ever..& i really like harry potter!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with emma who wants the hbp to surpass the dark knight in ticket sales. Hope the movie is a good as the book. Dan or Rupert said in an interview that it was supposed to be funnier than the previous movies. Why would it be? Dumbledore dies. Maybe I heard it all wrong. did anyone see that interview?

Write a Reply or Comment