Harry, A History! Announcements and More

114

Jul 26, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Tonight, at long last, I get to debut the website for and make some announcements about my upcoming book, Harry, A History. This book has been such an important part of my life for so long that I am almost unable to believe it will only be a few months until I can walk into a bookstore and buy it myself. (Don’t tell anyone, that would be embarrassing.)

But even better, it’s finally time to talk about it with you all. So, in Leaky fashion, have some news.

Firstly, this book will have a foreword from J.K. Rowling. It’s wonderful, and is a huge honor, to me, to have words from the woman responsible for the phenomenon at the front of a book about it. Not only Jo but everyone involved in the Harry Potter franchise has been hugely supportive of this venture from beginning to end, and I’m extraordinarily grateful.

Harry, A History: The true story of a boy wizard, his fans, and life inside the Harry Potter phenomenon tells the story of what has happened in the world because of Harry, and is also a personal history of my experience. It comes out November 4 in North America, Australia and the UK, and a German edition will be available at a later date (info about other territories will be announced here and on the site).

The book is a full chronicle of the phenomenon, from the first day that Harry was dreamed up on a train, through to the release of the seventh book. It takes place in the timeframe of the final six months during the leadup to book seven, and dips back into history to tell the story of the phenomenon (including information about how its popularity grew, fan fiction, wizard rock, spoilers, censorship and more). In doing so it features interviews with and remembrances from most of the key players in the development of the Potter phenomenon, including J.K. Rowling as well as her agents, publishers, editors, lawyers and more. All share stories and facts that have never been told before.

Also, I will be doing my first public reading of this book at Terminus 2008, during Artist and Author’s night. I hope to see you there! I hope not to throw up from nerves!

One more announcement! My site for the book is now LIVE! It’s at HarryAHistory.com, which will feature extras, excerpts and events (and elephants and electronics and eggs and ecumenicals and all other E words). It will also feature pictures from events and from the past seven years in fandom, and commentary/analysis and more. It will be updated often, so check back! This site was illustrated by Frak based on the book cover, and John Noe and Alex Robbin helped bring it to life.

All right, that’s enough for now. :) Thanks for reading. I can’t wait to share this book with you!

(Aaaahhhh!)

169 Responses to Harry, A History! Announcements and More

Avatar Image says:

This is so cool. The more HP books the better. I can’t wait!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay Melissa! I’m so excited. This will definitely be another book I will add to my bookshelf. Can’t wait!

And the site looks great :)

Avatar Image says:

that so sounds like something i definitely want to read! hopefully the original english version comes here in finland quite soon…

Avatar Image says:

it sounds awesome. can’t wait to read it. :]

Avatar Image says:

Awww Melissa that’s so awesome! Congratulations! I can’t wait to read it.

Avatar Image says:

What a fantastic achievement. Congratulations! All the best with it, I for one will buy that for sure!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oooh sounds like you’ve put a lot of work into it :) Congrats.

Avatar Image says:

”...which will feature extras, excerpts and events (and elephants and electronics and eggs and ecumenicals and all other E words)” lol!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa!! I can’t wait to read it because I just know it’s going to be great! :)

Avatar Image says:

Sounds amazing. I can’t wait to read it! A foreword by Jo… I can tell you, that’s one of my dreams.

Congrats Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

MELISSA??!! how do I get this book in Canada !? :( anyways congrats :)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, Melissa, I am so excited for you and for this book! I will be buying it the day it comes out!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, I am so excited for you …but mostly for me, your book has been holding a place in line on my reading list for quite sometime.

So just a few congratulations from me to you, and of course, as always…a great big thank you for working so hard.

“Firstly, this book will have a foreword from J.K. Rowling. “

That’s amazing. Wholehearted congratulations on the publication and release of your book.

Avatar Image says:

Some broken links on the new site

If you click “By Melissa Anelli” on the front page you go to a non-existent website, also there is a typo for the melissaanelli.com site on the links page.

Otherwise, it looks good though a bit bare in places.

Avatar Image says:

lol secunda… are you really just playing the fool or are you really that… well.. no sense in name calling.. it’s just too easy.

No, if you really can’t see the difference between an original work like this, no doubt composed of lots of research, new interviews and commentary, and a hack book made up of 97% unsourced quotes from the Potter novels, then you are just inviting people to laugh AT you for your ignorance.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa! That is awesome and amazing, I can’t wait to read it. Enjoy every moment of this fabulous achievement!!

Avatar Image says:

And a slight misprint on the ‘About the Book’ page – third paragraph of North American summary.

’...but the story is not over.’

Congrats Melissa! I’m so excited! Can’t wait! xD

OMG!!!

This is a GREAT NEWS!!! Congratulations, Melissa for that great book!! It must have been sooo exciting to write a book about Harry Potter!! I can´t believe that Joanne will write a foreword, too! That is really cool!! I just can´t wait for it to read it, it must be very good!!! With all those quotes by Joanne and her agents and editors and others!!! I will definetley buy it, I buy everything that has something to do with Harry Potter!! I hope you will have a GREAT time on events that are yet to come. . . Oh, yes; the site is GREAT!!

Martina:P

P.S. When will it come to Croatia?

Avatar Image says:

A foreword from Jo herself?! Sweeet!! This is definitely going on my book list!! :D Congratulations, Melissa! I’m totally there at Terminus!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve just bought HP books 1-4 in hardback to match the three I bought at midnight from Waterstones, so Harry, a History will take its place next to them in due course. I truly believe that anyone that visits Leaky and considers themselves a serious fan will buy this book. Thank you Melissa for all the work you have done in the service of the fans, and congratulations on being published.

Avatar Image says:

Mam this is sooo awesome!!,I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

Well done, Melissa! I am sure the book is already a best seller. Can’t wait. God Bless

Avatar Image says:

Its really nice to see Jo so supportive of it, and a testament to the quality of this site.

Wow, I had no idea you had book coming up! Gongratulations, Melissa! :>

It has indeed been a wonderful journey.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds like such an interesting book! I will definitely buy it!

Avatar Image says:

Can I just say, the cover of that book is very good!! I almost put up my arm towards the computer screen to try and take hold of it! Us wants it!

Avatar Image says:

- In all honesty, this book, I would first want to go to the store and skim through it, to see whether I’d want to buy it or not. Because, no offence to you Melissa, there’s a lot of crappy books out there that promise the same thrill as this one does. But, since we all know and trust Melissa, that’s already a big plus! ;-)

So, hoping they’ll sell it in the English-books-section over here (which I assume that it just might), and if they have it, I’ll go and have a look…

Like I already said, the cover is already screaming to be bought!!! :-D :-D

In any case, Melissa, congratulations.

Avatar Image says:

(oh, and the title is fun too! ;-) )

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa! The book sounds awesome, and when (I refuse to say “if”) it is published in Norway, I will be first in line. Well done;)

Go on then….squee!

@ tara and Inger

No worries, the book’s gonna be for sale on amazon! ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh Melissa I am so excited for you!!!!! Aaaah! You must be soooo excited! A foreword by Jo, what an HONOUR! I can’t even… woooow Melissa congratulations!!! I can’t wait to read this book!

There should so be a midnight release for this. ;)

Avatar Image says:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant idea!!!! I really can’t wait to read it, it’ll be the first book I can 100% relate to!!!! Besides HP that is haha xx

Avatar Image says:

It’s coming out on my birthday! Thanks Melissa! Now I know what I’m getting! LOL. This really is great news and I can’t wait to read it. I’m rushing over to your website right now!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to get my copy – sounds like a really interesting read. Oh and welcome back SECUNDA!! I’ve missed your hilairious comments.

Avatar Image says:

oh wow. can we have a list of world-wide distribution or something? i’m from the philippines and i’m hoping this will be here for me to buy. anyway, congrats Melissa, as i’ve been listening to you guys so much on Pottercast, it feels like a sister has made the coolest thing ever. i’m so proud :3

tara – its on indigo.ca in Canada already

Avatar Image says:

Congrats, Melissa! So excited for the book! And, wow, and intro from Jo herself! I can’t wait to read the book, not to mention the interview with Jo, and the segments on Wrock and fanfiction especially!

Avatar Image says:

Hey, this sounds like a book-about-Harry-Potter-phenomenon that I might actually buy. Obviously a fan’s journey through this amazing, exciting pocket of literary history is going to be more interesting to me than anything else. I “joined up” in 2000 too… Well done, Melissa!

The site is really lovely too, btw.

Avatar Image says:

sounds great, cant wait to read it!!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa I’ve already pre-ordered your book on Amazon!

The site looks great at first glance but I’m now gonna go have a proper look around. And a foreword by Jo :O Hehe I can’t wait to read it!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Melissa! We all know how hard you’ve been working on this book, it must be such a relief to see it published (and with a forward from Jo!)

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa, truly. I can’t wait to dive into more of my favorite subject (Harry) from such a different point of view. And I can’t wait to see you read at Terminus. We’ll all be holding our breath for you so go ahead and spew if you need to.

Avatar Image says:

Oops and I forgot to add, the cover is AMAZING! Yay for Gryffindor colours (although Ravenclaw would have been better lol).

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Good thing I preordered it a few months ago. And I think it’s cool that apparently every drawing in the fandom nowadays is made by Frak. :P

Avatar Image says:

This really sounds like a fantastic book, and it’ll definitely be making an appearance on my bookshelf.. congrats for becoming a published author!

how about a midnight release party?

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa, this is fantastic! I’m so proud of you for accomplishing this huge goal, especially with a forward from JKR herself. Really, what a huge honor! I can’t wait to buy the book!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Congratulations, Melissa, I’m so excited!!! :) This is such great news!

Avatar Image says:

YAY! Congrats Melissa! Can’t wait to read it. :-)

-Muggle-Born-Witch

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, I am SO happy for you! :) I’ve been watching your blog, and listening to you on PotterCast for so long, and saw the pictures when you first signed the papers! It’s so wonderful to see someone, that I’ve listened/watched for three years now, finally achieve what they’ve always dreamed of. I cannot wait to read (what I’m sure will be) this amazing book! Thank you for always being made of awesome, and being an incredible person. Lots of hugs, Helena

Avatar Image says:

WOW, Melissa this is so great, i can’t wait to read it! But unfortunatly probably your amazing book won’t be never published in my country… Please, Melissa, do whatever you can do to let your book available in Italy, please!!! Melissa, you really rock!

Avatar Image says:

Wow…. sensing some bitterness in the comments. Good thing Melissa has thick skin and 99% of us love her. Seriously…. why are you even on this site if you hate her so much?

Anyway, I LOVE MELISSA, and I think it is safe to say she wrote an awesome book that I can’t wait to read….. you really should get it hooked up in the cauldron shop, though, so I can buy it and support Leaky and Melissa at the same time!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations! I cannot wait to read your book. I cannot wait to hear you read it at Terminus. You will be fantastic. This is really exciting for you!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa !!! Among the myriad of Harry Potter’s fan, you’re the best ! Enrico, Italy

Avatar Image says:

this is going on my shelf with all the other extras; Quidditch Through the Ages, Magical Beasts and Where To Find Them, etc.

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t know much about the book but the summary on the website looks just cool XD ( i don’t say that because i was like “yeah! Zat’s exzaaactly zaaat!” with my frenchy french accent when i read about character death being the hottest topic and all that stuff XD) I think i’m totally gonna buy it XD

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa! Can’t wait to get my hands on your book.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Mellisa! A hard worked, well earned accomplishment! Will look forward to reading this one.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure that the book will be (to quote Dan) “absolutely fantastic” :) and will probably have a lasting impact even beyond the fandom. In fact, seeing as how much effort, information, detail and professionalism has gone into it, this book has the potential to become a fascinating addition to any college sociology department’s library. Congratulations Melissa! As always, we love you!

Avatar Image says:

Good on you, Melissa! You can count on my buying your book come November. Congratulations!

Avatar Image says:

“What!? A entire book about that impertinent, mediocre, attention-seeking rule-breaker! As if he wasn’t delighted already with being famous, this will make him a thousand times more arrogant and insufferable than his father. Still, he has his mother’s eyes. But that’s the only thing about him worth mentioning.”

Avatar Image says:

Melissa! im so excited about this book! im totally going to buy it as soon as it comes out even though i live in the phils. and it takes long to get here.. well, most books do.

im so excited! real good job by the way. i’ve heard a lot about how hard writing books are and i know that those who succeed are real awsome people with amazing perseverance.

:D GREAT JOB. :D

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa!!!!! I am so happy for you and ecstatic and excited to get this book! And what an honor to have the forward written by Jo – how lucky you are and how lucky we are as readers! I need a countdown to November 4th now!

Avatar Image says:

This is great i really hope the book will be on sale in the UK because i would love to read it

Avatar Image says:

WOW! THAT IS AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA! applauds excitedly and hugs you :D Seriously, it’s great! It sounds far more interesting than Hogwarts, A History (Hermione, you will likely never get me to read that…just kidding) xD A history of Harry Potter is wonderful, I shall have to buy that book, or at the very least get it from the library (I’ll probably buy it; you can’t take it away from me! My precious…). Another thing on my reading list, woo hoo! :) I AM POTTER HAPPY TODAY! :)

Avatar Image says:

ok just read it again it is on sale in the UK i was obviously getting excited and so not paying full attention whilst reading!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, warmest congratulations on finishing, isn’t it a great feeling? Who are you giving the galleys to?

Already have my copy on pre-order. ;-)

I’ve already pre-ordered it!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, do you remember how excited fans got when a title/release date for a new Harry Potter book was released? This comes close. :D

I seriously cannot wait to read this book. I’ve been involved in the fandom since Goblet of Fire and I’m extremely interested in reading the thoughts of the person who created my favorite Potter fansite.

Plus new stuff from Jo!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome Melissa! So excited for you! Can’t Wait!!!

I’ll spread the word as best I can ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Melissa! I’m so happy for u! i cant wait 2 read it…..a foreword from Jo?! I so cant wait!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

A heartfelt Congratulations, Melissa! You’ve put your blood, sweat, and tears into this book, and I’m looking forward to reading it!

Avatar Image says:

It sounds fantastic, I can’t wait to get it!!!

Avatar Image says:

This looks just fantastic, Melissa! Congrats on finishing it, and best of luck with a great amount to be sold.

Just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon. :)

Randall

Avatar Image says:

swweeeettt!!!! this is sooo cool! the more hp books the better!! looks lyk ive got a another book 2 add 2 my bookshelf :D

Avatar Image says:

And I can’t wait to read it, Melissa! and wow! a foreword from Jo!

Avatar Image says:

ps: the book cover is brilliant.

Avatar Image says:

FANTASTIC, melissa! Congratulations! So excited to read!

Avatar Image says:

this is so cool Melissa!! I think that I speak for ALL of the fandom by saying that we are so proud of you. I don’t think thAt there is a single book about the FANDOM and its growth, ands its many elements and feats. This book is a truly inspiring accomplishment and I am proud to call myself a member of this fandom, a listener to Pottercast and a future buyer of your book.

Avatar Image says:

I hear Simon & Shuster are suing Lil Kim and Foxxy Brown for failing to produce books as promised. I’m betting you didn’t get nearly as much of an advance and yet you delivered. Go figure!

I’M SO PROUD OF YOU MEL!

Your own personal success is a testament to everyone who knows you of exactly what can be accomplished if a person applies him/herself.

Can’t wait to read it! Congrats!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, congratulations Melissa! I can’t wait for your book; I know it’ll be amazing! We love you!!!

Ok, if you do not have at least one pre-order, they are lying to you O_0

John B.

Avatar Image says:

What lovely news, Melissa, congrats! This one definitely goes on my buying list.

Avatar Image says:

This is mind shattering. I can’t believe it. It should be on every reading list in america because it is so relevent. A forward by Jo? OMG. you are going to be bigger than big… even bigger than Jo. I will stop everything i am doing just to find this book and spend countless hours reading every word. Thank you, thank you, thank you. OOOOOHHHHH : >

Avatar Image says:

What terrific news!!! Congrats, Melissa for what I’m sure will be a fabulous book. Simply can not wait to read it… Great site by the way XD

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa! I can’t wait to read Harry A History!! You are such an inspiration to all of us who, some day, hope to be journalists. It’s good to know there are decent ones out there :) Your success only exemplifies all the gifts Harry Potter and JKR brought to us all!

Avatar Image says:

COOL! I cant wait to read it :)

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait for the book to come out, a foreword from Jo is amazing! The website is completely amazing…I really want to see some of that Vault 27 stuff! I will most definitely be at the reading at Terminus!

Avatar Image says:

Wow!! A forward by Jo, that’s fantastic Melissa! I was looking forward to reading the book anyway, but after the info you’ve just given us, I think it’ll be even better than I was expecting.

Well done!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, Congratulations, I’m so excited to read your book! I plan to be the first person in line the day it comes out!!!! It will be great to re-live the excitement of those last six months.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa! I’ll be checking the site for updates!

P.S. To add to roonwit’s note on the first page, the link to melissaanelli.com in the About the Author section seems to be wrong: It takes you to a page of links saying “This page is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com.”

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been INCREDIBLY excited about this book since you announced it on PotterCast. Nobody else is more qualified to write a book like this. Everyone on Leaky is so proud of you.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so happy for you and can’t wait until it comes out here in the US!!! It sounds terriifc – don’t listen to neville52 on comment 16…

TO: neville52 How dare you insult Melissa or her work you * oh wait, no sense in name calling, it’s just too easy. ]: p

Avatar Image says:

Wow, this is great! Congratulations! :D I’m so looking forward to reading this :)

WOW!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Man, I just LOVE that cover!

“award-winning webmistress” :P :P

Avatar Image says:

Way to go Melissa! Can’t wait to read the book. And a forward from Jo?!? Impressive!

Avatar Image says:

In the Theatre – they say BREAK A LEG but in this case Melissa – BREAK A SPINE (book spine that is)! I wish you all the best success and a very warm sincere THANK YOU for being the the coolest, most professional, funny, sane and diplomatically mature voice out there representing us fans, Jo and Harry all these years and for many more to come! THE site is fantastic and I will be looking forward to treasuring this book like I do all of my Harry Potter books!

Paul Pagano from NYC!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa, on your book! I can’t wait to buy it!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is the book that Harry Potter fans have long awaited—a look at the Harry Potter phenomenon from the perspective of someone who has been an insider from the beginning, someone with a reputation for fairness in reporting, and someone who has amply paid her dues in the Harry Potter community. Though there will doubtless be many more books about Harry Potter and JK Rowling, this will be the cornerstone of any book collection devoted to perspectives and insights to what is clearly the biggest literary phenomenon of all time … a boy named Harry.

Congratulations, Melissa, and may your star continue to rise and shine bright.

Avatar Image says:

Just checked out the site :)

“She currently lives in Brooklyn with her ferocious cat, Moochka.”

Haha! We love you Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa. I’m delighted for you!!! Once its released in Ireland I’ll grab myself a copy.

Thank you also for going about this the right way, with Jo’s obvious approval (a forward!!!! go you!!!!! :) ) unlike someone else we won’t mention.

Another book release to look forward to :-D Yipppeeee.

Avatar Image says:

Yay, Melissa, I’m so excited for you! I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Avatar Image says:

I just ordered it from Amazon, and I’m looking so forward to it ^ Wish you all the best Melissa^

Avatar Image says:

I CAN’T WAIT TO READ THIS. This book needs to be on my shelf.

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, congrats on the upcoming book. I’m looking forward to reading it. The web site looks great. And don’t worry about the reading. You’ll be fine. After all, everyone there is a friend who shares the same love of Harry Potter.

Pat :-)

Avatar Image says:

I will be sure to order it, Melissa, and look forward to reading it :)

And the forward from Jo, as others have pointed out, amazing! Congratulations! Can’t wait till Nov 4th!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, congratulations! This book looks wonderful and I can’t help but get a bit teary eyed reading the descriptions and blurbs. Thank you for helping us love the Harry Potter series even more, despite the end of the books. I can’t wait to read it! I love the website as well – Frak’s illustrations are beautiful!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, this info is just awsome. I wish you the best of Luck and many sales with this book. I got chills when I read the news and checked out the website. It brings happy tears to my eyes. You and JKR give me a huge desire to write too. IJust don’t know how to start. I hope their will be midnight parties at the book stores for its release.

Can’t be at Terminus, but hope to see you in NYC. Best Wishes Love Donna (Tonks) Black

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Melissa!! I can’t wait to read your book. It sounds fantastic!

Squee!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for you, Melissa! I’m so excited and I can’t wait to read it!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations on getting a foreword from Jo! I’m going to be getting this as soon as it comes out! And the website is fantastic. Yay Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, I’m absolutely thrilled to read your book, I’ve been counting down the days ‘til I can buy it. Thank you, Melissa, for all that you’ve done to help this fandom.

Dear Melissa—

Conratulations!!

I have been a leaky fan for a few years now, and I can’t think of ANYONE more worthy or qualified to undertake such a project. I have never been a fan of ANYTHING before, but there’s just something about Harry!

So – I just can’t wait to get my hands on a copy. I hope you sell oodles of them!

Love, Claudia Sobol

Avatar Image says:

I offer my wholehearted congratulations to you Melissa! You’ve always represented this fandom in a way that should make all of us proud. You (and many others) bust your butt to give us a great website and podcast. Thank you. You deserve great success with this book, and I’m sure you’ll get it.

Avatar Image says:

I just finished all the harry potter books so I can’t wait to read this! Congrats Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

yay melisa! were all excited for you!!! i will so be buying the book

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to read the book!

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic news! Can’t wait to read it! Wish I was going to terminus… Now off to check your website.

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, Congratulations!!! You are “the girl who lives”........the dreams of every Harry Potter fan!!!! I can’t wait to read all about the fabulous ride that you and all of us have been on since Harry found out he was a wizard :0) Can’t wait until November!!!

Avatar Image says:

You know, it really is something nice to be released. Who else but us Early-Hour-HP-Fans knows what it’s like to have to wait for every book, literallly wait for years? If the book’s what we think it will be, it’ll be something we can turn to, and delve back into time and remember how we felt during those years. No one else but us will understand and know how it feels. Anyone starting with HP now might try to relate, but they’ll only know from hearing about it- – or reading about it in Melissa’s book!!

Here’s to a book that’ll hopefully turn out to be a Pensieve for the Harry Potter Fandom !!!

Avatar Image says:

This is so wonderful Melissa! Congratulations!

Avatar Image says:

I think the comment by Secunda has been deleted. I can’t find it, anyway. I wonder why?

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa! Firstly on the book itself, but also on allready being number 1 in the children’s literature guide category, computers and internet business and history category, and science fiction and fantasy history and criticism category!!! And the books not even released yet!!! Again, MANY congratulations on your success!!!

Avatar Image says:

should have mentioned that those categories are for amzon.com. oops! LOL

Avatar Image says:

OhmyGood. :] I am total getting this! It sounds well amazing.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Melissa!! I am currently writing my first book, that I am pitching in October (finger’s crossed), so I know how much hard work and courage goes into such a labor of love.

I will be getting a copy!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa! That’s an extraordinary achievement and I can’t wait to read it!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you Melissa for the book , I have such faith in you that I have already preordered it. Yes, believe it . Hope you make the best sellers list. Congratulations.

Avatar Image says:

Time for some sucking up!

Actually, not really but wanted to say this. Thank YOU Melissa for your time and being a fan of Harry Potter!! In my eyes, (After Jo) you deserve a lot of credit in keeping the fandom of Harry Potter going!

Congrates!!!

Keith =)

Avatar Image says:

Good girl!!!!!! Can’t wait to read it!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Melissa!! This book will deffinatly be added to my collection when it comes out! :D I’m sure its going to be GREAT!!

Avatar Image says:

I am so happly for you Melissa!!!! I will definately be buying it. When I saw it advertised on Amazon.com I wanted to buy it right then. I was sad when I was saw it was for pre-order. What an honor to have Jo be so involved and supportive of it. I know all of us Potter fans are grateful that you have put so much of yourself into this. I know that this took alot of time away from yourself and your family. I thank you. Congratulations. I am anxiously awaiting my copy. I wish I could be at Terminus. Good luck.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa! That’s amazing! I can’t wait to read it! :)

Avatar Image says:

The book sounds fabulous, Melissa; better even than I had hoped. I can’t wait to read it!

You are a fantastic “ambassador” for the HP fandom. I have so often found myself appreciating your even handed and level headed analysis and coverage (Oh, with the possible exception of marmite and haggis, but I do have a very adventurous palate!).

Best of luck with the promotion adventure!

PS. This is my first ever comment on a news item – I’m an avid reader and listener, but rarely share an opinion – so I hope that gives some idea of how warmly I write these words!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa – you, who have done so much for all of us, deserve this moment more than anyone.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Melissa – can’t wait to read it!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations! I like to read Harry Potter related books (have about 20 of them), so I had already pre-ordered my copy of your book on May 1st (after hearing about it on PotterCast). But your book sounds really promising, now more information is coming out. I look forward to reading it.

And as so many before me have said: WOW! A preface from JKR herself! You’re the first to get that on a HP-related book!! It shows how much JKR appreciates what you’re doing, how happy she must be with the way you handle her “phenomenon” and the relationship you’ve built over the years. I do envy you, of course, but you’ve really deserved it!

I remember an interview with JKR about how she felt when her first book was on the shelves… This is something else you will have in common soon!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Melissa! I can’t wait to read it!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve yet to look at the site, but wow! Congrats! Now this is the way to publish a book (with Jo’s approval and permission).

AND I WILL SEE YOU AT TERMINUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! This is phenomenal! Congratulations Melissa (but also congratulations to all of us who will get to read this book)! I googled the title immediately and it’s already listed in Swedish bookstores, I’m so delighted. :D This is going to be a great read for sure, thank you so much!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, Melissa! Congratulations on your book. And a foreword by Jo herself to top it. That is so great! I already pre-ordered my copy a few months ago (how could I resist a book by a webmistress of my favorite fansite), but this book sounds even better now. I can’t wait to read it. Good luck and lots of fun at Terminus 2008 !

I’m so getting this book! <3

Avatar Image says:

Melissa!!! Congratulations!!! This book sounds a wonderfull work!! And Jo will write a forehead!!!??? That´s great!! You may have so happy!! And you deserve!! My best wishes for you and for your amazing book!!!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait for your book, Melissa! Wonderful release date, too… Nov 4 is my birthday. <33

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations on your accomplishment, Melissa! I can;t wait to add your book to my shelf of HP tomes.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats beautiful and now the real question how do I get a copy autographed ??

Avatar Image says:

FANTASTIC, Melissa. We are all SO proud of you and what you’ve done for us, the fandom. Wish I could be there for any of the readings but know that Kansas City Potter fans support your book and the fandom 110%!

Avatar Image says:

wow well done melissa! i’m so proud of you!

Avatar Image says:

Way to go, Melissa—so happy for you! I can’t wait to read it!

Avatar Image says:

Amazing. Congratulations. A forward by Jo herself… I am flabergasted. With the law suit against Steven Vander Ark that Jo was forced to enter into, I did not think she would be in a position to write a forward for any other book written by a fan, in regards to Harry Potter. No wonder your site no longer supports the HP Lexicon. Wow. Now you will be able to make a lot of money for all your years of fandom and support to the HP community. Congratulations.

Avatar Image says:

wow! This is so great!! How wonderful :) I cant wait, hope I Can get an ex… Even thou i’m from sweden :) like order or something, really happy for you and i’ve Bean waiting for a book like this one since i’ve finnished the seventh. This is so good :D

Avatar Image says:

Hey Melissa , cant wait to read your book! it sounds really interesting.

Avatar Image says:

I’m really going to be trying to push my local bookstore for a midnight release of this book. Practically every HP fan out there has depended on Leaky at one point or another (or all points) to give us news on the books and the movies. Leaky has become a huge part of my Harry Potter experience – I check here daily, to get the latest on the movies and JKR. It’s bridged the gap for the wait between the books and the movies. Melissa and the rest of the Leaky staff have acted for us, giving us the chance to go through amazing experiences with them (such as that incredible Mugglenet/Leaky interview with JKR after HBP). Not every fan had the same chances that Melissa has, but she’s been a great surrogate for the rest of us, illustrating and narrating her experiences for us in vivid detail. I can’t wait to own this book. Congrats, Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

Everyone knows Melissa probably did just a simply amazing job on the book and will not let any of us down or leave us out b/c her excitement and passion for the series and fandom sums up us all. I would have no other person write about this, good luck and Congratulations Melissa, I’ll be buying both the English and German copies <3

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s fantastic! Who better to write a book like this than someone who’s always been at our forefront? :)

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME!! Congrats Melissa!!! I can’t WAIT to read it!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! Well Done Melissa! And if anyone deserves a foreword by Jo in their book, its surely you!

Avatar Image says:

Sounds like a book for the fans by THE fan. Can’t wait Melissa.

Now I’m still waiting for Noe’s cartoon and Sue’s musical.

CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA!!!!

I will be adding the publication date to my calendar…

CAN’T WAIT…........

Avatar Image says:

Mistress of the bargain bin. What is the forward, “Thanks for the free advertisement.”

Avatar Image says:

this is brilliant cant wait to read it :):):):)

Posted by neville52 on July 26, 2008 @ 04:37 AM

I haven´t read both of them so of course I cannot make the difference

Avatar Image says:

How is this different that what Steve Vander Ark did?

Avatar Image says:

OMG! It comes out on my BIRTHDAY! Thank you in advance for what is sure to be the best b-day gift ever, from one Melissa to another. ;D

Congrats, Ms. Anelli.

Avatar Image says:

Hey, I missed this! But I was at Comic Con, so I hope I can be forgiven. Congrats agian, Melissa. It’s on my Amazon wish list, just waiting for the publication date!

Write a Reply or Comment