EA Releases Brand New “Half-Blood Prince” Video Game Trailer, Website

112

Jul 03, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The great news keeps on coming, as EA the makers of the Harry Potter video games, have let TLC know they have now released a brand new trailer for the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” video game. Fans can watch the trailer via this link. Update: You can now see stills here in our image galleries. The site describes the game as follows: “Whether you’re a Quidditch master or a mere muggle, you’ll find something to entertain in this newest addition to Harry Potter’s storied saga. With a massive free-roam setting and a plotline intimately interwoven with the movie script, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince promises to bring back the magic.”

There is also a new interview online with one of the developers of the video game, who reveals they will be using the movie actor voices for their characters in the game, as well as some new features:

: Have any of the cast been involved in the game’s production? Are they providing voices?
CR: Yes. Many of the movie cast lend their voices to the game (including Rupert Grint – who plays Ron Weasley, Tom Felton – who plays Draco Malfoy, and Evanna Lynch – who plays Luna Lovegood).Y!: Which locations from the movie or book will we be able to visit?

CR: We are really pleased to confirm that as a player you will have the opportunity to explore all of Hogwarts, from the Boathouse right through to the brand new Astronomy Tower, plus key locations such as The Burrow and The Horcrux Cave.

Y!: Romance is a big theme in Half-Blood Prince. Are you planning to capture those elements in the game?
CR: Yes we are. We are focusing on the trials and tribulations of Ron Weasley, and also the developing relationship between Harry and Ginny Weasley.

Y!: Will we be able to roam freely around the game, like we could in Order of the Phoenix?
CR: Yes. Hogwarts is even bigger than last time - you can find lots of new areas in the castle grounds - and you can roam at will.

To add to the excitement (and a way to add another spark to your holiday weekend!) EA will launch their brand new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince videogame website, tomorrow July 4 at 2pm (GMT) via this link. We will update with that once it goes live tomorrow.

The “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” video game will be released this November.
Thanks so much to EA, and enjoy!

25 Responses to EA Releases Brand New “Half-Blood Prince” Video Game Trailer, Website

Avatar Image says:

1st! I hope it will be better than Ootp.

2nd It’s going to be sick

The dark mark! AHHHH!!!

Avatar Image says:

Same, I imagine it will be, b/c it seems like they spent most of their time designing the castle for OOP rather than working on gameplay.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! This looks so AWESOME!!! one thing i dont get is why is there a trailer for the game but not for the movie?? they bothe get released the same time almost…maybe this means a movie trailer is coming out soon???

The dark mark! AHHHH!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve never owned any HP video games. But they look pretty fun. :) That was like seeing the real life trailer. Haha. (=

SQUEEE!!

It seems that WB have FINALLY come to their senses and are letting us see pics and trailers. My fingers are still crossed for HBP teaser in front of Batman!

But back on topic…. the game looks awesome, I can’t wait to play it. And OMG QUIDDITCH!!!! I’ve missed it so much….

Avatar Image says:

Very cool, I cannot believe the amount of info we are getting all in one day. It’s like Christmas in July!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can’t wait! Have loved all the video games so far!

Avatar Image says:

Oh man, this has been the best day for HBP news. I hope we get more news during this weekend.

Avatar Image says:

looks sooooo much better then OOTP. I can’t wait till it comes out so I can play it on Wii. With all of these pics and game news, I think I can smell a trailer on its way or WB is just making up for the lack of news or even both!

Avatar Image says:

Hmmmm!! I don’t know… didn’t seem like they got a lot of the things from the previous games (quidditch, dueling, potions minigames) and squeezed it into this new game? The trailer seemed very random for me… I felt like it missed something that would make this game unique.

I’m not saying it wont be fun… but I think I expected a little more “dare” from EA.

But I know it’s to soon to tell… let’s wait for november!! \o/

Avatar Image says:

YEAH, IT LOOKS FREAKINAWESOME!!! im so gonna get it (duh) i love like dueling in the games, so it’s good they’ll be having more advance stuff. YAY, trailer can’t be soon long away.

This game looks good.

But I know it’s to soon to tell… let’s wait for november!! \o/

This game looks good.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t belive the Videogame trailer came out first, how dumb is that?

This game looks good.

Avatar Image says:

I think that will be a fun game. If I do get a wii system I will be sure to check it out. I wonder if that’s the music they will be using for the real trailer when it comes out. Was that the scene where the death eaters are from the burrow or from the one with harry and dumbledore?

Avatar Image says:

I’m buying the game just to listen to Evanna Lynch’s dreamy voice :) I love the OOTP game’s atmosphere and graphics. The voice overs were also great. Gameplay was good too. The developers put a lot of thought and work into these games unlike other licensed games which normally are film characters slapped onto a generic 3d platform game.

Avatar Image says:

The Website is up now, it has the trailer on it, plus a brief overview, nothing much but it has wet my appitite! http://www.harrypotter.ea.com/

Avatar Image says:

The microsite is now up and running, if you wana check it out

Nice one EA UK!!! :D