PotterCast 161 Part 1: The One Before the Trailer Came Out

364

Jul 30, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is coming to you live from Boston, MA, the site of next year’s
LeakyCon conference, for an new episode full of talk before the premiere of the “Half-Blood Prince” teaser trailer. As a reminder, tonight’s live PotterCast set for Providence, RI, will feature fresh reaction of the HBP teaser trailer. More details can be found here. From the Imperial Ballroom of the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, the PotterCast quartet discuss the photo of young Tom Riddle, what it could possibly mean for the trailer, and Dumbledore’s style. This show also features a live performance from
The Mudbloods, a new installment of Guess That Book, all so much more live from Boston! Also, if you were at any one of these PotterCast events and have photos, please do send them in to images@the-leaky-cauldron.org. Photos from this Boston show can be seen right here. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

Part One: “The One Before the Trailer Came Out”

- We are live in Boston at the future home of LeakyCon2009!
– The PotterCast quartet talks about the (at the time) soon to be released teaser trailer with our live Boston audience.
- The photos released of a young Tom Riddle and Dumbledore’s ring of fire inspire lots of speculation.

- All this and LOTS more including a live performance from “The Mudbloods.”
- Some live GUESS THAT BOOK.
- The original part 2 was lost to Death Eaters, so stay tuned for Part 2 from Providence, RI!

RT: 37:13

Editors: John Noe

PotterCast Summer Tour Info
LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (22 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

13 Responses to PotterCast 161 Part 1: The One Before the Trailer Came Out

Avatar Image says:

But….But….What about the Leaky-Mug from San Diego at the Borders Book store? Hmph…..

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely love potercast=)

First? YAY for Pottercast! I’m sad the Death Eaters stole part two xD

Avatar Image says:

Awesome guys! I’m listening to it right now!

Avatar Image says:

whooo! u cant hear john tho….

Avatar Image says:

I was about to email some pictures from yesterday, but some of them already appear to be there! LOL, good times at Boston :D

Avatar Image says:

Luffed part one! sad that part two is gone… forever? Whompy!! >.< Nooooooo! And I agree with the first post where is the Leakymug?? & also will there be Wizard Rawk in Providence??? :) I’m so confuused. And I think Deatheaters stole the Mugglenet teaser set report too! =O Deatheaters in the fandom!! ...

Avatar Image says:

Loved the first part… Melissa, you never heard of the MB before Jingle spells!! Where have you been, girlfriend? They were one of the first groups I put on my ipod in 2006. Another podcast – which shall remain unnamed – had interviewed them in the fall of that year. I was hooked!

In any case – hope you guys are having fun on your tour, we love hearing the podcasts!

Avatar Image says:

What happened to the Pottercast at Borders Book store? Did it not record? Not work? Hmm…...

Avatar Image says:

Where is the LeakyMug from San Diego??? I was the girl in the Joker shirt.. I remember discussing Twilight the first 15mins.. lol… I’m planning to wear my Leaky Cauldron… Leakynews.com shirt.. lol..

Avatar Image says:

where do i get leaky shows mug. in itunes it says its not available in the u.s.

I’m so bummed that part 2 got lost. We had a great talk about the trailer. :(

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Ava and April, what happened to the Leaky Mug from San Diego? It was really fun being there, I wish everyone else could hear it too. I hope they didn’t lose it to Death Eaters! There hasn’t been any news about it, and I’m sure they would have said if they’d lost it. I just wish someone would make an anouncement about it. Sniff sniff.

Write a Reply or Comment