EA Releases New Trailer for “Half-Blood Prince” Video Game

113

Aug 14, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Thanks to IGN.com who let us know about a new trailer for the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” videogame, which you can see via this link. UPDATE: We now have the video for viewing/download here in our video galleries. IGN has also posted another preview of game on the WII platform, where the article states that the “story of the game follows the arc of the movie. You won’t be going to places that aren’t in the film or getting into fights that have nothing to do with J.K. Rowling’s story. All of the gameplay is directly pulled from what we’ll see in theaters.”

Along with new stills from the game (also now available here in our image galleries), the article highlights some of the various levels or events players might encounter, including: Various objects around Hogwarts can be interacted with, and students you encounter might give you hints as to what is possible. As you run down hallways, you may encounter hanging tapestries that hide a rhythm mini-game. If you jump and hit the first one at the right time, subsequent tapestries will fall. Hit them all and you’ll receive a bonus.When we got back on track with Ron we encountered a girl named Lavender Brown (Ron’s lady friend). Someone had cast a spell on her books so that they were flying around and she couldn’t get them down. By levitating her bag we were able to catch her books in the air and save the day.”

The “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” video game will be available for the PS3, PS2, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP and XBOX360, PC, and Wii platforms, with the game due to be released November 13, 2008.

23 Responses to EA Releases New Trailer for “Half-Blood Prince” Video Game

Avatar Image says:

WooHoo! First Comment! I’ll check out the trailer, but I still think the Potterverse gets shortchanged.

Avatar Image says:

The trailer looks SO good! I’m so excited!

I’ve been waiting for the 360 review…I’m pumped about that game

Avatar Image says:

This trailer is awesome. Why does the game have to come out in November?

Avatar Image says:

Loved the choral music. Wonder if it’ll be in the game or the movie or was it just trailer music unrelated to the whole thing, just to get our spirits up.

Avatar Image says:

WOW! It looks great! The close-up of shot of Ron’s face – really looks like Rubert! They sure have improved the graphics over the years. . .

awesome trailer!!! Can’t wait until it comes out! = D

Avatar Image says:

It looks amazing! Slughorn and Ron in particular is really well done, as far as I could see in the trailer!

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me, or did anyone else find that trailer amazing and almost like a real movie one? I loved it! I had to rewind back to the Ron part because it looked so good! When it says “relive the movie” or whatever, maybe the scenes after that are parts from the movie, because I saw a Death Eater battling someone. (=

Avatar Image says:

It was awesome, I loved it! Im SO going to buy that game. I can hardly wait…

Avatar Image says:

I’m gonna reserve this at GameStop! But I think I’ll have to hide it from my daughter. :P Shes a Potter girl just like her mommy! It looks great!

Avatar Image says:

I saw this one on the snitch seeker. It’s better then the first one. I think thats Ginny Weasley in the Common Room with Harry. I hope they release a second trailer for the Half-Blood Prince movie. If they do lets hope they show more scenes and more people.

Avatar Image says:

No exploration? Just the movie’s plot?

There goes the “guilty pleasures”

Now it’s just guilty. No thanks… It’d have been nice if they’d added stuff from the books that wasn’t in the movies (the way, you know, every previous game has done) but NOW it’s just a simple game movie…

Avatar Image says:

“When we got back on track with Ron we encountered a girl named Lavender Brown (Ron’s lady friend). Someone had cast a spell on her books so that they were flying around and she couldn’t get them down.”

coughHermionecough

Avatar Image says:

OMG—wizard urinals at 1:12!

Avatar Image says:

But I WANT stuff in the game that’s not in the movie, pout. Well we’ll see if anything can beat the CoS gaming experience. Nothing has rocked more than that game in the HP series. GoF the game was so stupid I didn’t even get OotP.

Avatar Image says:

i heard that the international trailer of half blood prince is gonna be with the star wars film/ that means it would be released pretty soon. i love how they changed hogwarts. i loved the first, second and third game. but i didnt like the fourth one. i liked the fifth one. but it gets boring after you complete it. this looks like a pretty good harry potter game.

Avatar Image says:

“Sue or Mellissa… I just read over at Deadline Hollywood Daily that HBP is being moved to summer of 09 (July 17th is what they are saying)! Have you guys heard anything about this?” Posted by Amy

Actually Leaky was the first HP fansite to break this rumour AND the subsequent confirmation from WB. What I want to know is when the new release date for this videogame will be.

Avatar Image says:

What i want to know is how will the videogame be affected by the films release date being pushed back.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. Pretty poor timing EA!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I say pretty poor timing, but at least the games might benefit from a few more months work!

Can I put in a last minute punt for Quidditch to be free and sport-like? Not just hovering on an invisible rail, like COS?

Avatar Image says:

The new game looks interesting and hopefully more free range to explore and less locked doors. Is the game still coming out in November or being pushed to the July 2009 date? The fans should get something since the move for the movie was just to make more money.

Write a Reply or Comment