Dan Radcliffe Featured in “Vogue” Magazine

264

Aug 16, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The newest issue of “Vogue” magazine contains a new feature on actor Dan Radcliffe, and his upcoming Broadway debut with the play “Equus.” Thanks to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com we can now see scans of the article, page one here, and page two, where the Harry Potter actor discusses reprising the role of a troubled boy named Alan Strang in Peter Shaffer’s powerful and serious play “Equus” which met with great success last year during the play’s run in London, England. “I think that everyone has got more in common with Alan than they would like to admit,” Radcliffe says. “I’ve never put out a bunch of horse’s eyes of course-but you turn to your own emotions-the sadness, the anger, the loneliness-and just explode them.”

The article also contains two new photos, one of a rather handsome and dapper looking Dan, here, as well as one photo by acclaimed fashion photographer Annie Leibovitz, which features a nude Dan riding a horse (yes really).

Thanks to DanRadcliffe.com!

45 Responses to Dan Radcliffe Featured in “Vogue” Magazine

Avatar Image says:

handsome, I guess I still have Dan this winter!!

Avatar Image says:

Such an excellent opportunity for PhotoShop….. ;)

yay!

Avatar Image says:

handsome, I guess I still have Dan this winter!!

yay!

Avatar Image says:

so thats way they pushed back the date…. b.c of the equus play.. duhh!!! wb think there smart.. its all about money… GOOD 4 U DAN!!!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously hot pic of Dan on that Horse!!

Avatar Image says:

Dan is such a talented and intelligent person, plus he is HOT!!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously hot pic of Dan on that Horse!!

Avatar Image says:

Dan is such a talented and intelligent person, plus he is so HOT!!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously hot pic of Dan on that Horse!!

Avatar Image says:

He looks Sooo goood. I cant even explain and maybe I don’t have to. He is so talented and insightful. I praise his parents for raising such a wonderful man and his co workers for keeping him on the right track. I know I sounded old just then but I’m only 20 :P

Avatar Image says:

Seriously hot pic of Dan on that Horse!!

Avatar Image says:

wow..such an artistic pic of Dan/Alan.

Avatar Image says:

He has dyspraxia! That explains his awkward body language.. oh Dan, I will never make fun of you for that awkwardness ever again.

Avatar Image says:

wow..such an artistic pic of Dan/Alan.

Avatar Image says:

I’m really wondering whether the decision to push back the release of HBP had more to do with Equus than the writer’s strike. The movie would be released about a month after the play began its run and I’m sure at every press event Dan went to he’d be getting more questions about being naked in the play than he would about Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

With respect, Cristina, he is not dyspraxic or awkward – he is tortured! If you’ve seen the play, you’ll know why this is not a happy snap of a relaxed, well-adjusted fellow chilling out on the back of a horse.

BTW, my latest theory about the HBP delay is that it will provide hype and publicity (in an otherwise quiet HP year) before the theme-park opening.

Avatar Image says:

I wonder what Dan and the other actors think about the delay of the film. It probably doesn’t affect them, but I wish they would join up with the fans to protest. I am still quivering with rage. I can’t seem to get over it. Nearly a year. It’s so wrong of them to do this to us.

Avatar Image says:

@pottershrink – I have to correct you.Cristina Was not saying ’ Alan’ was dyspeptic she was saying Dan is ( she clearly said ” oh Dan, I will never make fun of you for that awkwardness ever again. ”. And its stated in the article that he is ( Daniel Radcliffe ) dyspeptic.

Avatar Image says:

Aww Daniel looks just adorable. He like a little boy.

Avatar Image says:

In which issue ? It’s not in the September issue – which is the newest issue on sale at the moment !

Avatar Image says:

Dyspraxia? still trouble to tie his shoes.

wonder if JKR knew about this, wasn’t the first thing Harry tried to do by magic the morning he had become 17 tying his shoelaces and had to undo by hand because he made a mesh of it.

hot hot hot!

Avatar Image says:

Don’t you DARE start blaming Dan for the HP realease date!!!! I knew some ahole would say that. Dan isn’t even that popular outside the franchise, him being Equus would no difference. I think it may be the competition with James Bond and The Dark Knight having taken the excitement away.

I made fun of Dan’s acting, but now I know he has this, I won’t be so harsh, it must effect his ability to emote which I find Dan is quite weak at.

Those pictures are perfection, the guy is mega gorgeous and sooo intelligent it makes me cry.

Avatar Image says:

Dan is so damn right about Alan-he has really got a lot of common with every of us.I am not talking about horse addiction.Alan do not afraid to show his emotions,and he feels the same as we feel quiet often-misunderstanding of people,for example. P.S.About dear Dan-he is very smart and talented guy.I hope that he wont stop acting on stage and someday come to Russia with Equus)))))

Avatar Image says:

Julie, I guess you haven’t seemn Dan playing Equus, he’s so emotional in that play you ended up crying at the end, so his condition has nothing to do with this emotions, and Dan has what is call a mild dyspraxia – actually dyspraxia is very common among people sometimes you don’t even know you have it, as seeing Dan playing Alan in Equus and also seeing Dan playing cricket with his friends (in pics), or playing the guitar, shows his very mild condition becasuse he can perform all these activities with no problem, but one of the good qualities of this is that these poeple are bloody intelligentand which is Dan’s case.

Dan is smart, funny, intelligent, talented and bloody HANDSOME!

Avatar Image says:

Um…wow. I feel like a dirty cradle-robber saying this…but he is looking quite hot in that marc jacobs suit. And I love that shirt too. Like wow.

Avatar Image says:

Thank the lord WB doesn’t own Conde Nast so I can get this issue of Vogue and still boycott WB and their affiliates! I guess all I have to look forward to for fall is seeing Equus in October, which I’m still excited about, but I’m just so down and mad about the HBP push back its killing my HP themed fall I had planned, frickin a-holes. Still I can’t wait to see Dan in the play and in this article.

Avatar Image says:

Yes rownak – I feel like a dirty cradle robber too, but I agree. The suit picture is very handsome indeed. Gotta love Vogue – gave Dan the Tom Brady haircut and it looks fantastic.

Avatar Image says:

Let’s not blame Dan for the delay in the film’s release. There was nothing new about him doing Equus at the same time as HBP was coming out. EVERYONE knew that.

Oh, and Julie, as I mentioned to you on another forum, dyspraxia has NOTHING to do with expressing emotions (thanks for listening and learning from someone who actually has a child with it). It affects gross and fine motor skills and nothing else. Frankly, knowing someone who has it, it’s hardly a big deal, but doing a lot stunts and working through body language for a part would be challenging. It’s frustrating, to be sure, and an inability to play sports can be very difficult for young children, especially boys (since that’s so emphasized with them). Hats off to Dan for his efforts and to his parents.

Lovely article and lovely pictures, by the way.

Avatar Image says:

...kinda weird, but hey its kinda artistic i guess.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think the pushback of HBP has anything to do with Equus. They’ve known Dan’s schedule for months, it was out at the beginning of the year and when I bought tickets for the play in April. Plus, when I bought the tickets, there hadn’t been any Equus performances scheduled for the week of the HBP release. Today I got an email from telecharge.com with a new show schedule that now has tickets available for that week in November. The only reason HBP got pushed back is because WB is drunk on the success of The Dark Knight and they want to do the same thing next summer.

Avatar Image says:

if Dan gets a Tony for this, I’ll totally propose. I dont care if he’s 3’2”

Avatar Image says:

why cant there be no comments about HBP release date change?!? its a bit annoying and to be honest its probably for the best that the date was changed this way it doesnt screw anything up and there really wasnt anything for 2009 for harry potter… but

MR.RADCLIFFE why do u look so good?

Avatar Image says:

if the change of release date was because of Equus, then it’s going to cost WBs far more than a few negative responses from over puritanical morons. This is down to the Batman film no more, no less. Fox Tv has come up with this inane suggestion of blaming Dan. Also Julie , nice to see you show your usual loyalty to Dan , for a moment i was fooled! but same old Julie!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, let’s forget about the rescheduling business for a bit.

The article was good. I liked what Dan had to say about a bit of Alan in all of us. I’m also curious about Richard’s comment that Dan is complex without being screwed up. I wonder what he means?

I’m looking forward to hearing what Dan has to say about his roles, the theatre and other things at the Times Talk next week.

As for the pictures, I love how the nude picture is not in the least erotic (not to me, anyway) and beautifully captures the essence of the play, while the clothed photograph is the sexy one. Dan has turned out very well, in all respects, not least of which has been his stability in the face of an amount of pressure.

Avatar Image says:

Nice pix. Thanks for posting, Leaky. To ‘courteni’: You’re cruel, but funny…3’2”

Avatar Image says:

I was flipping through Vogue when I went to the store this morning, trying decide which mag to buy (I didn’t buy the Vogue by the way) my jaw droped to the floor when I saw the picture of Dan, NOT the one on the horse, I actually didn’t look at that one. I always knew he was a cute, even a good looking kid, but I was shocked, he looked hot in that picture! Good for him.

Avatar Image says:

Apologies, Cristina, I hadn’t yet read the article and thought you were referring to his body posture in the photo of him as Alan Strang.

Avatar Image says:

Ah! I had no idea that he has dyspraxia. I always thought he moved and gestured in a really stiff, awkward way, especially the way his mouth moves, and now I know why. I feel kind of bad now. He’s still not how I imagined Harry Potter (because I always see Harry as being very casual and relaxed in his movements), but I always thought he just moved that way because he was self-conscious in front of the camera!

He always says the most interesting things in interviews. Even though I’ve never found him attractive and was never a big fan of his acting, I’ve always felt that he’d be someone I’d want to have a conversation with. He finds a way to word answers to even the most boring interview questions as something interesting and funny.

Avatar Image says:

I never noticed the dyspraxia. He’s a hell of a good looking man though, and a very talented actor. I can’t wait to see what he does on Broadway. He’s got his whole career – and life – ahead of him. He’s so good.

Avatar Image says:

His dispraxia was the cause of his feeling as a kid that he was “crap” at everything. And that lack of self esteem was what caused him to turn to acting, first as David Copperfield and then as Harry Potter. So in fact his weakness became his strength due to the steps he took to overcome it. As if often the case in life, at the bottom of great success is a problem for which the person has found a creative solution.

Avatar Image says:

As the mom of a boy with dyspraxia, I love Dan even more now. I want to go back and watch all the HP movies again w/this new knowledge. Explains why, even though he says his parents are great dancers, he had such a hard time dancing in GoF! Hopefully Dan will be an inspiration to my son as he grows.

Avatar Image says:

People always blame Dan for everything… poor boy, he is such a nice person, he doesn’t deserve how some people treat him. Dan already acted in Equus in London, and that same year the 5th HP movie made lot of money which proved that Equus publicity helped HP to make even more money, it made many more adult people to want to see the movies. WB’s decisions are never based in just one actor, not even all the actors, they just search the best date to make more money and they realized next summer there won’t be many movies coming out, so they will make much money then than releasing it this year. I’m so proud dan revealed he has dyspraxia, it will help to all the organizations and people who are fithing to get more help, and many kids, teens and adults who didn’t have the courage to tell the people they know about their problem, it will make them feel better about it and give them courage.

Write a Reply or Comment