Scholastic.com Interviews Tom Felton on Draco, You Tube Channel and More

293

Aug 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Scholastic.com has posted a new interview with Tom Felton, where the actor discusses his role as Draco Malfoy in the Potter films, confirms his involvement with his music on his YouTube channel and more. In the article, which you can read via this link, Tom Felton gives his opinion on the character Draco Malfoy say it’s “Not a very pleasant one, I assure you. I figure, I think of him as a misled only child who’s been slightly bullied into his state of mind, if you will. But in long short, he is a nasty bit of work. A bit of a slimy, troublesome character who’s not really up for any good and certainly the benefit of anyone else.”

Tom Felton also confirms some scenes his character will have in “Half-Blood Prince” including the confrontation with Harry on the train to Hogwarts, noting “I remember reading the book before and thinking, “Oh, lord! This’ll be fun! I was especially looking forward to the pool in the bathroom and being able to stamp on young Potter’s face on the Hogwarts Express. I was always looking forward to the things of a physical nature. But they all got included, so no let-downs there.”

Of his love of music, and his involvement with putting music up on a You Tube channel, Tom Felton confirms this by saying “I won’t lie. This is the first time an interviewer has asked me about that. A friend of mine, a good musical friend of mine, moved away about a year and a half ago, and she was always very keen to hear new music. And we just figured the best way to do that was to put it onto YouTube ” under an alias, obviously. But it didn’t stay hidden very long, and now it’s very much sort of in the public domain. So it was never really intended to be an advertising spin by any means, but yeah, they are original songs and obviously not sort of developed by any means but just sort of a little early draft, if you will. Just a bit of fun! But it seems to have a positive response, so I’m enjoying it.”

Thanks to my son Andrew for the heads up! :)

34 Responses to Scholastic.com Interviews Tom Felton on Draco, You Tube Channel and More

Avatar Image says:

COPY AND PASTE THIS IN ALL THE COMMENTS OF ALL THE HARRY POTTER WEBSITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 htt p://hbpnojuly.blogspot.co m/ (REMOVE THE SPACES!!!) PASS THIS LINK ON AND DO THIS. SEND AS MANY LETTERS (howlers) AS YOU CAN TO THE WB OFFICE!!! THEY WILL IGNORE THE INTERNET PETITIONS, BUT THEY CANNOT IGNORE THOUSANDS OF ANGRY FAN LETTERS IN THEIR OFFICE. ITS KINDA LIKE THE FIRST HARRY POTTER MOVIE WITH THE OWL LETTER IN NUMBER 4 PRIVET DRIVE =D WE CANNOT BE IGNORED!! PASS IT ALONG! THE ADDRESS IS ON THE WEBSITE htt p://hbpnojuly.blogspot.co m/ (REMOVE THE SPACES!!!) LETS PROVE WB THAT FANS ARE THE ONES WHO DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

first comment WAHOOO!

Avatar Image says:

..oh someone beat me to it whilst i was reading ^ haha

Avatar Image says:

Wow, he’s really talented. I love that music.

Avatar Image says:

That was a nice interview; it’s good to here a bit more from Felton… but I think my favorite part of this post was the fact that the tip came from Sue’s son! We’ve got another Potter news editor in the making! ;)

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Always love hearing from Tom. I feel like he understands Draco as a character, which is quite reassuring.

Avatar Image says:

He just seems like such an incredibly sweet guy! Nice interview!

Avatar Image says:

Always been a pleasure to read somme news about actors but unfortunately It’ll change WB’s mind about tsicking to release the film late next year!!!!! Really!!, after all of that, after everything you, at leaky have done for fans(seeking anywhere for some news, and thank you for that, leaky!!!), it was definitely not a good way from WB to pay the money back for fans and for each member of the Leaky Staff!!!!! Shame on you WB AND THANK YOU LEAKY TO INVOLVE US MUCH MORE IN OUR POTTERWORLD!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I agree, Bookworm – a very nice interview. I love how Tom seems to have such a gentle spirit. It’s always refreshing when the actor who plays a certain character is really so very different in real life. Seems so many actors play themselves just in different roles.

Avatar Image says:

Love to hear from Tom! He’s such a sweet and smart boy. I think he’s the best actor among the young ones in the cast. And he sings pretty well, too ^^

WB, I still think you suck.

Avatar Image says:

I am glad Tom is getting some press time this go round. He sound like a really nice guy and he answers the questions with thought out answers. I love the tea comment.

I really hope Jo gives us some background on what went on with Draco in that 19 year span of the end of DH. I am so curious on how he did not get in trouble for his death eater activities. I mean he has a child that is around the same age as the trio+Ginny so must not have gone to Azkaban .Plus the nod to Ron and Harry make me wonder did Draco reform just a little? Jo please tell us when you write your book.

Avatar Image says:

OH good. More tantalizing details that we cant see for another year. The bathroom scene and train scene. Both Im sure have Alan being perfectly sinister as Snape and I have to wait a year to see him. And I adore that pic of Helena as Bellatrix standing on top of the Great Hall table. It certainly looks as though I got my wish- both are in it a considerable amount. Now I just twiddle my thumbs and wait. OH and while Im waiting WB change Cissys hair back the way it was. Im not real picky but when we already saw her with long pure blonde hair and then you go and change it – well that doesnt cut it for us.

Avatar Image says:

Yay for hearing about SOMETHING and boo WB!

you suck!

Avatar Image says:

Tom is so amazing. :) He seems like such a nice guy, and his music is really good too. :D I`m glad they’re keeping the Sectumsempra scene in, and the stamping-on-Harry`s-face-scene in too. I felt horribly embarassed for Harry when I read that part…. Oh well. I can`t wait to see it! LOL. :D

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE TOM FELTON.. I love his character of Draco Malfoy and the way he portrays him. Great interview, oh and I love the youtube videos.

Avatar Image says:

Bellasnape I am with you on Cissy’s hair. Usually I don’t care that the hair is off from the book discribtions but since they have so much time now then they can go back with their little computers and cover that skunk thing on her head.

Avatar Image says:

Hey dose anyone have the link to the youtube vidow if the interview?

Avatar Image says:

haha at first I read this wrong, and was thinking that Tom was actually involved with the Harry Potter music. Being a band geek and a big fan of Tom’s I went totally ape xp

Anyway, I’m really happy for him that he’s being given some more screen time. He certainly deserves it.

I like Tom, `he’s a nice guy. I would not say the same for Malfoy. grgr

Michele if you read this: Jo said in an interview (was it Bloomsbury July 07 ?) that the Malfoys wrigled themself out of jail, claiming that they helped Harry against V.

Well Miss Cissy certainly had played her part well, convicing V. that Harry was dead. She wanted to enter Hogwarts to find Draco alive, who certainly could have died if V. had entered by force.  Love, love, love... DDs favorite claim.
Avatar Image says:

He seems really nice!! But more HBP movie details…sob...nearly a year more to go…I hate you WB!!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! What an interview! And writing music? Too cool. An amazing interview, all around! :D

WB u suck!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Eva Hedwig I must have missed that or forgot. Thanks for the info. :)

Avatar Image says:

Tom Felton is awesome, I have always really enjoyed him as Draco and as a person in interviews. However, I am just far too angry to enjoy ANY HBP news or anything related to the actors or ANYTHING now. These pictures and articles that would have been so interesting last Sunday now are just more salt in the wound.

I recommend going to the Howler website for the Howler campaign, which is brilliant. If everyone would send ten Howlers each we would seriously overflow their in-boxes. I am posting the link again in case you missed it, as well as WB’s address and phone numbers, and a sample Howler letter from the Howler campaign that is succinct but keeps our dignity as HP fans so they don’t discredit us because people send in letters full of foul language or physical threats. Keep it clean but purposeful and we will make them see the full power of the Potter fandom.

Here is the info:

Howler campaign

In the Howlers to WB write – “You make us wait 8 months, we’ll make you wait 8 months and 1 week. Your opening weekend will be a failure. Harry Potter fans are very loyal and very dedicated and VERY angry at you. Delay our movie for your profit margin, and we’ll kill your opening weekend. – DA.

htt p://hbpnojuly.blogspot.c om/ (remove spaces)

Warner Bros., 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522

Phone numbers:

818-954-6000

818-562-3062

DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY UNITE!!!!!

He is currently reading Charles Darwin….. Summer fun light reading

Avatar Image says:

Draco’s character is a cruel kid however Tom seems to be a sweet kid. Hey WB you suck…...................Its not fair to the fans that pay your wages so you can have your company. to make us WAIT another year after we were told it would be released Nov 2008. I requested time off so I could go opening night. Now what do I do that night?????

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad to hear that Tom/Draco is going to get the screen time he deserves in HBP. It gives me hope for the movie.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, Tom seems to be really intelligent. For some reason, I never saw him as particularly bright. (Not like I thought he was stupid or anything, but I guess I always thought he was too pretty to be very smart… I don’t know…) I especially liked the way he talked about stomping on ‘Young Potter’s face. As if his character isn’t only one month older than Harry…

Avatar Image says:

Here’s Tom’s little YouTube vid!

Ahhh! So cute!

Avatar Image says:

aww i just fell inlove w/ tom felton(’s interview) hehe btw thanks 4 the link abby he sings very well :)

Avatar Image says:

What a wonderful interview! The questions were not particularly good, but Tom is amazing.. The press people don’t ever interview him and they know what they (and we) are missing .

I loved the part about Origin of Species – and to the person who commented it – that book is really fun to read. It is one of those books with which you learn while having fun. Anyway it’s unexpected and it’s one more thing to show what an amazing person Tom is.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad the breaking of the nose in the Hogwarts Express is in, I loved that when I first read the book. And bravo to Sue’s son with the news tip, the Robin to Sue’s Batman perhaps!

Avatar Image says:

Glad to hear the bathroom scene and the stomping scene are going to be in there. I loved those. I’m fine with previous Draco scenes being cut, because the character didn’t have much going on with him in books 4 and 5. Naturally the 6th one is where Draco is truly made, and we want as much of him as possible. :)

yay tommy boy