New Luna Lovegood Doll from Tonner

403

Aug 27, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Tonner Dolls, makers of high end collectible dolls, have released their new Fall/Holiday collection, and new is a Luna Lovegood doll. The doll, which you can see here, retails for $159.00 (USD), and is based on actress Evanna Lynch as she portrays Luna in the Harry Potter films, complete with mini Radish earrings and her Butterbeer cork necklace. The official description of the new doll reads as follows:

“One of RAVENCLAW‘s…ummm…well…most unusual students joins the ranks of HARRY POTTER TONNER® DRESSED CHARACTER FIGURES. LUNA LOVEGOOD at HOGWARTS is 17” tall and features a new face sculpt of an authorized likeness of actress Evanna Lynch from Warner Bros. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, with 14 points of articulation (neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, bust line, hips, knees, and ankles). She features hand painted face details and rooted saran hair. LUNA LOVEGOOD comes dressed in her school uniform which includes a white cotton shirt, pleated wool skirt, button-down cardigan, blue & grey striped tie, grey tights, and faux leather Mary Janes. Her RAVENCLAW robe, wand and cheery earrings complete her ensemble – not to mention her special charm necklace that helps to ward off NARGELS; display stand included.”

On a related note, be sure to check out the entire Tonner Harry Potter collection, including the recently released dolls, The Severus Snape doll, based on Alan Rickman ($179.00 USD), and Kreacher the House Elf ($99.00 USD).

25 Responses to New Luna Lovegood Doll from Tonner

Avatar Image says:

HOW COOL! Gotta LOVE Luna!!! :) YAY 1st comment!!!

Avatar Image says:

Damn I wanted that first comment lol!

Oh well – still on first page.

Good for Evanna. Really Cool

I love Luna she is Brilliant in the books! xx

Very cool! I love Luna.

That is a great figure.

Avatar Image says:

5th! YaY I LOVE LUNA! andi think Evanna Lynch is really good as her!

Avatar Image says:

WOW….. They did a good job looks just like her.

Avatar Image says:

Pretty, but theres no way I can afford it. Will there ever be a Luna action figure?

Avatar Image says:

All it’s missing are her spectre-specs. :)

Luna is awsomee <33

nice :]

Avatar Image says:

wow… for 159.00 I would have expected better. The face is good, but they always seem to have terrible hair! The Harry doll looks like Dority Hamill.

All I get is Application Error:(

Avatar Image says:

Does it come with pudding and Nargles? ;)

Avatar Image says:

I am getting her no mater what. She looks outstanding.

ugh I can assure you that the hair is great. I have the trio and it is good quality stuff. And I think the placement is perfect as well. These are amazing quality and I think she is the perfect price at $159.99. Though expensive, I know she will be worth it.

I think it looks exactly like Luna. Every detail is perfect.

celtickitty89 There hopefully will be a Luna figure coming out soon.

Graymayne I’ll put the Leak in the comments. : )

Avatar Image says:

Luna looks great. Snape looks awesome, perfect face.

Avatar Image says:

It’s for Order of the Phoenix. Why is it coming out now? Shouldn’t it have come out last year?

Avatar Image says:

@Jen: Yes, Tonner is always a bit behind. They do not release dolls with the movies, they release them by seasons. So that is why she is coming out now.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah Luna’s preety cool,and Evanna Lynch is easily my favorite actress,I really wish her Myspace was active again though :-(

Avatar Image says:

Oh and you know what?Those dolls are really not my kind <<...I’m a boy…

Avatar Image says:

Oh, it’s perfect, it’s almost as though someone did a Geminius spell on Evanna and then miniaturized her!

Avatar Image says:

That Luna doll looks awesome! Looks just like Evanna!

They need to make Ginny and Neville, too. I have Harry, Ron, and Hermione and love them!

I pre-ordered Severus back in February and am so happy that he’s being shipped to me as I write this! That doll looks amazing!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! This is sooooo cool for Evanna! I’m so glad she got the part. This has just gotta be so surreal for her. She’s got a doll that looks like her now! Sweeeet! This is truely good HP news. Nargles would be cool, but we also need a “Crumple_Horned Snorkack”!

Avatar Image says:

Luna looks so glamorous! I’m glad Evanna’s doll turned out so well. I don’t think it’s a perfect likeness of Luna but you can see Evanna if that makes any sense at all.

Avatar Image says:

Well, while it’s certainly better than the Sailormoon Dolls put out a decade and a half ago, I’d think for over 150 dollars, they’d do a better job with the skin. I can see her in it, though, if I look long enough.

Draco and Harry look absolutely horrible, though I think Kreacher looks great… Of course, kreacher is CG so I probably don’t notice things as much on a plastic replica.

I wish Micro Machines were still around… It’d be great to get harry potter Micro machine stuff… Miniatures for tabletop games.

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Has a panic attack must…. have… Luna… doll!

Avatar Image says: i want one where do u buy them????

Write a Reply or Comment