PotterCast 164: Harry Potter Goes to Comic Con

364

Sep 01, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast revisits its stop in San Diego, California at the ComicCon Convention for our 164th episode now online for this week. First up, Sue brings you the latest news including Emma’s perfect A-Level scores, a Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park ride update, Dan Radcliffe getting ready to make his debut on Broadway in “Equus,” new “Half-Blood Prince” action figure images, the potential continuation of the Harry Potter video games, and an article from the Telegraph about about Jo’s foreward to our own Melissa Anelli’s upcoming book, “Harry, A History.” Next up, Melissa sits down to speak with Comic Con associate and Harry Potter fan Eric Bowling, who planned the first ever Harry Potter panel at Comic Con. Melissa and Eric discuss the reasons for bringing Harry Potter to the convention, how HP works with the other fandoms at the event, and much more. We then listen in on the Harry Potter panel at Comic Con which featured our own Melissa Anelli and Sue Upton, as well as Heidi Tandy and Erin Pyne. The panel covers the fandom from many aspects and answers a number of specific questions about the past ten years. All this and so much more waits for you in the newest episode of PotterCast. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Harry Potter Goes to Comic Con”

- Dawlish in Ballet Shoes.
- Dan, an action figure for Equus, not!
- Feline translation of “Harry, A History.”
- Melissa talks to Eric Bowling about Harry Potter at Comic Con.
- Listen to the Comic Con panel featuring Sue, Melissa, Heidi Tandy, and Erin Pyne on Harry Potter.

RT: 79:35

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Andrew Garner

Producer: John Noe

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Unofficial Harry Potter Comic Con Yahoo group
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (36 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (16 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

17 Responses to PotterCast 164: Harry Potter Goes to Comic Con

yaaaaaay :D

Avatar Image says:
  • squee * YAY THANKS POTTERCASTERS! You are completely forgiven for taking so long. (almost. once you get all the live shows out, you will be. ;) )
Avatar Image says:

TODAY marks the 10th Anniversary of the release of the Sorcerer’s Stone in the USA. I haven’t seen any news about this over on the other big Potter site, so let’s scoop them on this one!

Avatar Image says:

how do you spell the cats name that keeps hurting people?

Avatar Image says:

Yay! is the leaky mug from the same weekend going to be released?

Avatar Image says:

Yay for another pottercast!!!!!! Im still listening to the three hour one from last week.

Avatar Image says:

woohoo I will have to listen later

Voteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HP voteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Avatar Image says:

I’m actually listening to it right now.. It’s about time!!!! I was there at comic-con!!!

Avatar Image says:

I just listened to the three hour one from last week too! It was huge!! And I loved the dueling, haha. The “name people who have died in the series” dueling round was terribly sad, but hilarious at the same time. It was sweet how the audience kept going “awww” when each name was called. :D

Yesss :) Pottercast!!

Avatar Image says:

Beg pardon, but I will be “forward”—that should be the Telegraph’s article about Jo’s “foreword” to “Harry, a History”....

Avatar Image says:

I was actually able to hear everyone this week, the last show I could hardly hear Sue so I stopped listening. But the audio was good all around this time :) That was a different pottercast but good. It was nice to talk about the fandom in an intellegent way, because we don’t want the our fandom is better than your fandom contest. I try not to read peoples comments because I want to continue to like our fandom, I was very humbled and proud to be a part of this group listening to this weeks show. Thank you pottercast!

Avatar Image says:

Oh and John I got the Wedding Singer reference, but lets not go there, I mean that was a creepy scene, the old lady squishes the meatballs into his hands and likes to watch him eat it, it always creeped me out.

Avatar Image says:

iTunes won’t let me download it! It says there is nothing new!

Avatar Image says:

iTunes won’t let me download it! It says there is nothing new!

NEVER MIND IT WORKED!!

Avatar Image says:

Try right-clicking and selecting “Update Podcast”. It usually works that way.

YAY!!! The last episode was great, though, as carebie said, Sue’s voice was hardly audible in the last one. Anyhow, can’t wait to listen to this!!

Write a Reply or Comment