Scholastic Updates with Special Guests, Video of Prep for Cover to Cover Day

112

Sep 18, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Previously we told you that Scholastic would be holding a special read-a-thon to celebrate the release of the Tenth Anniversary of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” This Cover to Cover event is to be held next week in New York City at the Scholastic store on Tuesday, September 23. There, you can take turns reading aloud from the new anniversary edition of the first Harry Potter book, while sitting in the same special chair throne that author J.K. Rowling used at the Carnegie Hall event last year. While this event is open to the public, some special guests will be also reading from the book, including”KayCee Stroh from High School Musical 3, the academy award winner Marcia Gay Harden, Kurt Loder from MTV as well as Jill Zarin from Real Housewives of New York on Bravo.”

In addition, the US publishers of the Harry Potter series have been busy getting ready for the read-a-thon event, and have now uploaded video of the preparations being made, which you can watch via this link.

Please note that if you can’t make the event in NYC, you will be able to watch it live on the net at www.scholastic.com/readharry starting at 8:00am (ET).

11 Responses to Scholastic Updates with Special Guests, Video of Prep for Cover to Cover Day

Avatar Image says:

They should get Dan to read the first chapter!

Avatar Image says:

does anybody else find it ironic that a group of people who were up in arms about the money-grubbing ways of warner brothers are chomping at the bit to buy a $20-30 book that they probably ALREADY OWN? talk about capitalism.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think Dan would do it…. that would be fun thought.

Did anyone find out what is the new material inside this book, apart from the art work?

Hope everyone has fun in NY!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry… don’t know what happened. I didn’t mean to post twice.

Avatar Image says:

I so envy anyone who gets to attend Potter events. I have yet to be able to show my support in that way.

Avatar Image says:

I will be reading while watching this online. I got the new edition the other day. And as far as I can see the only new things is a cool picture of Snape and a statement from her about it. She drew it in ‘92-’93. Besides the cover being beautiful. It is nice to have though. I love it! I think we should all read it all over the world at the same time they are in NY. How cool would that be? A Harry-in.. lol.. GREAT! :)

Avatar Image says:

Ditto ravesfave

I really hope everyone going has a great time though! xD

Avatar Image says:

That sounds like a really fun event.

Avatar Image says:

If anyone famous was there it should be JKR – no one else matters – not even Daniel Radcliffe.

Avatar Image says:

Why do they have to do it on a week day? Why not the weekends? I can’t make it ‘cause of work :-(

Avatar Image says:

Uh- High School Musical? Looking forward to the book still. : p : )

Write a Reply or Comment