Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park Construction Photos

416

Sep 02, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

An update on the construction of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando comes today via IOACentral, who has a batch of new images online revealing what looks to be one of the Hogsmeade Shops. The report notes these photos were taken “at a warehouse for one of the companies contracted to do work” on the theme park attraction. The report describes the detail on the shop as you get closer as “fantastic,” and also reveals the shop is called “Spintwitches.” You can view the full set of nine photos right here in our Image Galleries. At last word, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction is slated for a late 2009, early 2010 opening at Universal Orlando Resort.

Thanks to UHP and IOACentral.

31 Responses to Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park Construction Photos

Avatar Image says:

OMG I am soo excited for the park! and it seems like its gonna be incredible :) ( First Post!! Yay me :P)

Avatar Image says:

sweet! well i might go there in the future….

Avatar Image says:

The best part about the park is that they’re going for the whole experience of being in the wizarding world. I mean, who wouldn’t want to go to Hogsmeade and/or Hogwarts?

this is great!!

Sniff… And I may never get to see it :’-(

Avatar Image says:

It’s winter time; awesome! And the stones on the store are really pretty. Cool cool cool. :)

Avatar Image says:

OMG i can’t wait im am waiting to get married till then so i can go there for my honeymoon!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! This shop looks amazing! I can’t wait until the park opens. I’m going to try to convince my parents to take me to the opening.

Avatar Image says:

Sadly I will be taking too many other family trips this year to pull of this but I will absolutely make it there if it kills me. Woohoo! Can’t wait.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! I can’t wait to take my kids here!!!!! OMG! That’s all I can say! OMG OMG OMG!

Avatar Image says:

The main attraction is code named “Strongarm.”

This is the ride system

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me or is the door completely covered by snow? I guess this won’t be an actual shop, just a storefront for show?

Avatar Image says:

So excited.. Can’t wait for when it opens!!! I’M SO THERE!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

They changed the opening date on the website! OH NO!!!! :( Now it says opening in 2010 not late 2009 early 2010. They must be running behind a little. CAN’T WAIT THOUGHT!

I’m so excited to see this..probably moreso than my 12 y.o. son. LOL

Avatar Image says:

The snow and icicles look so real – that’s amazing! It will be funny to go there in the summer though, wearing summer clothes in the heat, and see the snow.

Avatar Image says:

So it`s perpetual winter in Hogsmeade? Even Scotland has a summer.

Avatar Image says:

fake snow under a tropical sun…this is Florida isn’t it, almost year around high temperature and humidity…sweating in your bermuda and T-shirt among fake snow… what an ambiance, what a sphere., what a fake.

Avatar Image says:

Now… I’m beginning to worry about my behave inside that park! Best case scenario will be acting like a 10 year old! Running and screaming and crying everywhere, everytime! LOL!

Sporting goods shop?

Avatar Image says:

On one of the pictures you can see half of an archway or bridge or something.

Avatar Image says:

Where’s the rendering of “The Leaky Cauldron”...?

Avatar Image says:

Has anyone heard any news about Creative Kingdom’s involvement?

Short version: CK has a LARP called MagiQuest (www.magiquest.com) that uses IR wands to complete certain tasks in a set-piece environment, like a scavenger hunt. Universal is said to have contracted / acquired / licensed rights to the technology and will use it in the WWHP park.

I’ve been to a MagiQuest facility, and it would be a monster hit in Harry Potter. But I haven’t seen anything since the original rumors.

Anyone out there know anything?

Avatar Image says:

I cannot wait. seriously. i am sooo excited!

WOO

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, um, oh, um, hmm…. Not much to get excited over on the new images.

Avatar Image says:

There bound to ruin it with a McDonalds or something

Avatar Image says:

OMGOSH! i cant wait until the new theme park comes out i am soo convincing my parents to take me. i will be wanting to do everything and i will definatly get a ton of souvenires.OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH

Avatar Image says:

OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH I AMM SOOOOO EXCITED! I LITTERALLY CANT WAIT.

Avatar Image says:

omg i really wanna go there one the first time it opens !! but y the hell carnt it be in ENGLANDD !! ???? probz wont be able to go coz it im flippin america and ITS A ENGLISH FILM! SAKEEEEEE :(:(:( and ilove it so much . grr Daynaaaaaa :P

Avatar Image says: It is going to be so freaking sweet!! I am so excited!!! I love Harry Potter everything and am counting down the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment