J.K. Rowling “Can’t Imagine” Leaving Edinburgh

Sep 20, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Telegraph has a new photo of author J.K. Rowling with the Edinburgh Award, which was presented to the Harry Potter author tonight in Scotland. Reuters also has a few small photos of Jo at this event here. The Scotsman is reporting that Jo with her husband, Dr. Neil Murray, attended the gala dinner event at the Prestonfield hotel where she noted upon receiving the award “Edinburgh is a very special place to me. Very much so. I can’t imagine ever leaving. When I was living in Leith I never thought I would be invited to an event like this.”

You can read some earlier comments and tributes to Jo about this award in our previous article.

11 Responses to J.K. Rowling “Can’t Imagine” Leaving Edinburgh

Avatar Image says:

i love jk!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome, as usual

Avatar Image says:

love Jo, love Scotland too..

Avatar Image says:

Simply magical, no puns intented… Love JKR!!

Avatar Image says:

I wouldn’t want to leave Scotland either. :)

Avatar Image says:

She is fabulous!! Deserves every bit of the award!!

Avatar Image says:

that’s so cool she loves where she lives. i hope i can have that opportunity one day. for now, i hate my city!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! i love Edinburgh its a 2 and a half hr drive from me. love it!

Avatar Image says:

where do you live, christy? have you tried eastern europe? it sucks!

Avatar Image says:

I think Jo is so amazing… we love you Jo! I wish you lived in Canada :)

Avatar Image says:

I love Jo and because of her I actually dragged my best friend to Edinburgh last autumn! My friend actually ended up loving the city so much that she enrolled herself into a university there and is soon moving to Edinburgh! I can’t wait because then I have the reason to visit this perfect city more often! ;)

Write a Reply or Comment