Wizard Rocking the Vote Online!

Sep 25, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Wizard Rock the Vote, the summerlong campaign in which volunteers helped get Potter fans registered to vote throughout the U.S., is now online. Sponsored by the HP Alliance, you can visit this page to get all the information you need to register before this fall’s elections. When you visit, scroll down and click on the “Wizard Register to Vote” button.

The HP Alliance does not endorse any candidate or party, merely your ability to endorse your own. If you haven’t yet registered, do it now!

11 Responses to Wizard Rocking the Vote Online!

Avatar Image says:

First! And, yeah, you should totally go vote. But, more importantly make an educated, informed vote.

Be sure to do your research and know what each candidate stands for, don’t make your vote based on the opinions of others, catchy YouTube videos, or what you heard from someone who heard from someone.

Voting is an ideal that citizens hold very dear and is a hallmark to democratic countries. The ability to choose our officials is a precious right not to be exercised lightly.

Avatar Image says:

It is AMAZING that the HP Alliance is encouraging people to vote! I love you guys!

Avatar Image says:

The voter registration form at the HP Alliance collects too much personal information; it is an identiy theft risk. Yes, register to vote, but go see your local election official. Skip HP Alliance’s form.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I haven’t registered yet, and giving out that much information online is what worried me. I think I’ll just do it the old-fashioned way.

Avatar Image says:

Who did the adorable DD posing as Uncle Sam?

Yes, laughing man! I might just add that a large part of the population feels that voting for less than your ideal candidate just isn’t worth it. Trust an old witch (me), if you think you’re taking the high ground by not voting at all, you’re just letting someone else make the choice for you. VOTE, please!

Avatar Image says:

Yup, and voting for the ‘lesser of two evils’ still casts a vote for a better candidate!

And the Gore vs. Bush election taught us that every vote counts!

Avatar Image says:

I wanna say that Frak did the Dumbledore-as-Uncle-Sam picture, but I could be wrong.

Avatar Image says:

The form is actually from Rock the Vote, MTV’s wildly successful and ongoing campaign. It’s not an HPA form and millions have filled it out. But you are free to go about it any way you choose! Just google “register to vote,” or go to the local DMV, or whatever, just get registered and educated! As the presidential debates are (we think) coming, now’s a great time to do just that.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, yeah, and that’s Frak’s work. :)

Avatar Image says:

Does this mean I can register if I’m under 18?

Avatar Image says: