New Cover Art for Scholastic's "Sorcerer's Stone" Paperback

Harry Potter and the Philosophers / Sorcerers Stone
September 30, 2008, 01:17 AM

Scholastic, the US publishers of the Harry Potter novels, have released some new artwork for the paperback of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Thanks to TLC reader Beth, we can now see a scan of the new cover art that shows Hagrid, Ollivander and Harry. This paperback edition of the first Harry Potter novel is currently being sold through book sales at schools here in the US. We hope to have a larger image soon, and will update with that as soon as we can.

Thanks so much Beth!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Philosophers / Sorcerers Stone News

1_thumb

I JUST found this! I hadn’t heard of it yet! ZOMG I love this cover! I must find it!

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on January 31, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Leakyav2_thumb

Wow! That’s cool- somehow I missed this article!

Posted by The Whomping Willow on January 31, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Oooh, I want that.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 15, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator

Thats a pretty cool cover but is it just me or does Ollivander look really creepy in that picture??? Pretty much awesome though.

Posted by jimizzle [ROAR!] on February 15, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator

I cant view the picture or any comments? if you want to see this new book just search eviltig on youtube. I did a video about the book as I just recently got one and my user name on youtube is eviltig where I posted a video… Not trying to troll or anything but it seems this picture and post are gone… Or is it just me??

Posted by groundpig on January 14, 2011, 05:55 PM report to moderator

Oh heres the link to the video on youtube. I show the new book cover with the UK and US version paperback to see all the differences
You might have to copy paste the link into the address bar but there it is

Posted by groundpig on January 14, 2011, 06:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Whatever you do, don't mention Percy in front of Mum and Dad," Ron told Harry in a tense voice.[br]"Why not?"[br]"Because every time Percy's name's mentioned, Dad breaks whatever he's holding and Mum starts crying," Fred said.