Snapes on a Plane

114

Sep 06, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is a fun and lighthearted new interview online today here via YouTube with actor Alec Hopkins, where he discusses his role as the Young Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films. Confirming he will appear in two scenes in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for a few seconds (one in a ‘moving painting’), he also says he had filmed a scene as Young Snape for “Order of the Phoenix” ‘driving a car’ but it was later cut for the final version of the film. Finally at the end, he jokes that he and Alan Rickman (who of course portrays the grown version of the Potions master in the film series) hope to be starring in a new film…”Snapes on a Plane.” :)

Thanks much to all who owled!

26 Responses to Snapes on a Plane

Avatar Image says:

Snapes on a Plane. I would see it.

Avatar Image says:

I love it – fandom funniness and the films collide!

Avatar Image says:

I love that pic that’s online somewhere, that looks like a Snakes on a Plane ad, but with Snape. What a legend! :)

Avatar Image says:

nnaaaaa, better still, a plane load of sky-diving Snapes! sort of “Elvis goes over to the Dark side”

or, Snape performs weddings in Las Vegas?

I really want to see the fully extended, all deleted scenes put back in versions of the films….

g’morning, linden! Bella, I know you’ll visit later today, so my best wishes to you as well

Avatar Image says:

A very good day to you too, budb!

Avatar Image says:

Gee budb, how did you know I would visit something that deals with Snape. Good Morning or Afternoon to you as well – whenever you get this. That was an interesting video. I of course would love to have seen more of young Snape in the OOTP. Bellatrix scenes were cut alot too. Didnt like that. He did a nice job and this is spectacular news that we get to see a little of him again in HBP. Alan said he is in the movie alot. I quote ” Im there for the whole ride” is what he said at a premiere of another movie he is currently doing. So that made my day. Anyway this makes me more anxious to see HBP.

Avatar Image says:

I think they should have a ‘young Bellatrix’.

And that they should cast me to play her :D

Hahha. Nah, this guy seems awesome. I hope he goes farrr. And gives me his tshirt :D

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know whre the joke about “Snapes on a plane” originated? I tried googling it and it’s all over the place. Here’s a picture I found funny: http://api.ning.com/files/QsQ1m7RyND1gDCPCORTIM*XHp8q78pHzodUsfxLmndpEPoHH6tL0hjEcU388RMEisC2rge6fxY9Ry6ny2X4L4q5KUOqyaPPI/Snape2.jpg :)

Avatar Image says:

Snapes On A Plane…..best movie title since Snakes On A Plane…....

Avatar Image says:

Eriskay – Oh gosh, oh goshhhh. That picture just made my effing day. That was hilarious. XDD

Avatar Image says:

a scene with young snape driving a car? whats up with that? how exactly were they going to fit that in the movie?

This Snapes On A Plane image is one of the best I’ve seen:

Avatar Image says:

Ahaha. The posters are great.

I do feel a little bad for the minor actors, though – if only they knew how badly we want to see those deleted scenes!!

... A car scene, huh? Did the Ford Anglia use a time turner to completely change the Marauder’s lives?

Avatar Image says:

I think he was just kidding about the car thing – Snape driving a car hanging out with a girl.

Avatar Image says:

fyi: Yates has narrowed it down to two candidates for young Lily & three for Tuney for DH2 (not slightly older Lily, but, in the playground Lily)

Avatar Image says:

theres actually something in youtube aobut snapes on a plane, first time saw i i laughed fro hours. LOL

Avatar Image says:

this guy was in OOTP? i dont remember seeing him at all. gotta go watch it…again.

Avatar Image says:

Guysss… the car thing was a joke :|

Avatar Image says:

Snape on a plane? Love it!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I guess it pays if you actually read the entire story. I admit, I was in a hurry to leave and saw Alec’s name and thought “new interview, cool”. But then I saw the guy conducting the interview and realized he had done a couple of funny “interviews” with Alec before. Though I can understand his being upset at having so much cut out of SWM. Many of us side with him there. If this part is real, how can they have a Young Severus Snape hanging out in portraits, when the present-day Snape is still alive. Is that for real? Because I honestly don’t see him saying this if it wasn’t true because WB might try to sue him for having some fun. I’m only saying this because their going after some company in India for making a movie called Hari Puttar. That and, I don’t recall seeing any Snape portraits in the book. On the one hand, it does sound legitimate because Yates does seem to ablib a lot, but on the other, he does seem to be cutting a lot of Snape parts from the movies.

Avatar Image says:

I highly doubt his “Snapes on a Plane” comment had anything to do with the joke posters out there, but rather it’s an easy joke. He’d probably never thought to look up other “Snapes on a plane”

In any case, there’s no reason why Snape couldn’t be driving a car… Arthur, Fred or George, and Ron all drive cars in the course of the series. Snape’s dad was a muggle, so there’s a chance he may have borrowed his dad’s car (maybe even enchanted it, or gotten an of-age wizard friend to do so))

Avatar Image says:

snapes on a plane? i’d pay to see that! :L

+ they should put deleted scenes on the DVDs as a special feature. personally, i’d pay extra if we got some decent cut scenes etc!

Avatar Image says:

Well Snakes on a Plane was a darn good movie.

Avatar Image says:

Added scenes or not More of Alec and Alan as Snape on screen the better! We already know there will be alot of Snape in HBP. By the way if you didnt recognize Alec that is because he wears a shoulder length black wig like Alan. You wouldnt know thats Alan Playing Snape either if it wasnt for his black hair. Watch Sweeney Todd, his attitude is similar to Snapes but he looks natural. But hes a perv in ST. Liked it though very much, you should recongize two other death eaters in that movie as well.

Avatar Image says:

LOVE IT! SNAPES ON A PLANE!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure we’ll get to see the young Snape/James etc. scene from Ootp in full at some stage. They’ll either use it as a selling point for a future special edition of Ootp or they’re gonna cut it into the DH movie somehow. Maybe they’ll do an extended version of Ootp. You could tell Ootp had a lot cut out because of the movie’s length, which was bizarrely the shortest yet. They shot McGonagall being attacked too but we never saw that.

Write a Reply or Comment