Video of J.K. Rowling from Beedle the Bard Launch

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
January 15, 2009, 10:20 PM

Bloomsbury (whose Beedle the Bard page is here) has updated their YouTube channel today with a video of Jo answering questions asked by children at the Beedle release party (originally reported by Leaky here), about whether her teachers knew she was a good story writer (not sure but it was her favorite subject; least was chemistry, which is why Snape is the potions teacher), Children's High Level Group, her fears (spiders, like Ron and Rupert), and what Edinburgh and real-world places she based her fictional locations on (none).

There's also a video of Jo signing books, reading from The Fountain of Fair Fortune, and a Q&A with a reporter in which she talks about her current project - perhaps.

Signing:

Reading

Q&A

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Phillip

YAY! First Comment!! :D ( I think…) YAY!

Posted by Phillip on January 15, 2009, 10:30 PM report to moderator
fredgeorgefan101

hey, luv tales of beedle…2nd!! lol..YAY!! so tired. goodnight every one!!

Posted by fredgeorgefan101 on January 15, 2009, 11:37 PM report to moderator
YoungMcGonagall

I love just listening to Jo talk . . . she’s so thoughtful and entertaining at the same time, it adds a huge element to hear her speak as opposed to reading transcripts of interviews like these.

Posted by YoungMcGonagall on January 16, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
mc8105

So Jo answered one little girl’s question about spiders, and said that there would be giant spiders in the 7th film. (film, not book) So, are they deffinately having the spiders coming out of the forrest for the final battle? hmmm…I wonder…lol

Posted by mc8105 on January 16, 2009, 02:52 AM report to moderator
Mr. Blood

gasp How can anyone not love chemistry?

Posted by Mr. Blood on January 16, 2009, 05:33 AM report to moderator
Affy

well i really lyk d way she talks ab’t her books wid kids..newaz nice work again Jo..Beedle the Bard is a cool book:-):-):-)

Posted by Affy on January 16, 2009, 09:21 AM report to moderator
ele0206

love this interview.. Anyway, what time is it there? ‘Cause here’s 15.23 PM.

Posted by ele0206 on January 16, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
matea

I haven’t seen her for ages! I look at her and I see a woman I love and admire so much. Forever isn’t enough for say thank you Jo!

Posted by matea on January 16, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
hambro

Jo is an ammazing woman, she’s so inspiring and strong and the hp series is awesome, i’ve grown up with them. Go Jo! I hope she writes more…

Posted by hambro on January 16, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
mai

i love Jo

Posted by mai on January 16, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Bandersnatch (who always mixes up "newaz" and "ehwaz"

@Affy - don’t you mean “bedl d bard iz a kul buk”? :)

Posted by Bandersnatch (who always mixes up "newaz" and "ehwaz" on January 16, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Bader

I totally love her. She made my world magical. I wish I was there! I’ve always wanted to attend some of her book signings. Maybe someday. :D

Posted by Bader on January 16, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
BobAnon

I wonder if the red head applying the hologram stickers is a relative of Fiddy’s or Jo’s?

Posted by BobAnon on January 16, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Nice collection of videos of the event. I feel quite re-assured in the last video that Rowling is writing even if she is not letting anything on what she is working on. Not that I had doubts but I just look forward to anything that she writes.

Posted by Professor Potter on January 16, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Martha

Haha. I hated Chemistry too (too mathematical for me and I’m a hopeless failure when it comes to math), but I like Snape. Certainly wouldn’t actually want him for a teacher, though. But I think the fact that he teaches Potions (which, like Chemistry, is generally considered to be a difficult school subject) also helps proves his great intelligence. My favorite school subject was English too, and my least favorite was Math, but the mathematical kinds of sciences were just as bad.

Posted by Martha on January 16, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin, I --"[br]But it wasn't Professor Lupin who looked up at him from the teacher's desk; it was Snape.[br]"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down."