Emma Watson: Test Shoots on "Deathly Hallows" To Take Place on Monday January 26

DH Film
January 20, 2009, 05:51 PM

As a followup to the post below, actress Emma Watson has now posted a new blog entry via her official website where she writes about the upcoming production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Noting that she has has few costume fittings and a hair appointment to make her hair a bit more brown for her role as Hermione Granger, Emma Watson says that on Monday (January 26) she will be going in for a few test shoots for Deathly Hallows Part One. She also says while is she is uncertain if the shoots will involve rehearsals as well, she is excited to be back and notes its been a long period of time since she has seen Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Finally Emma Watson writes she is excited to see if they have cast any new actors for the final two Harry Potter movies.

Principal photography is set to formally begin next month for a 54 week shoot on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with part one due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two in May of 2011.

On a related note, Emma says she is sitting the SATs this weekend before the test shoots, so she may apply to Universities here in the US, and has recently completed a vacation to Cuba.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Christine

This is so sad :( They’re already shooting for DH in a couple of weeks. It makes me cry :[ But I’m also happy :D

Posted by Christine on January 20, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Patrick

my cousin met Emma when she came to visit Yale late last year! he sent me a picture. i thought it was sooo cool. i really hope she goes to yale! and as for Deathly Hallows filming, its bittersweet. once these last 3 (HBP, DH1, DH2) come out, the fandom will, no matter what anybody says, be over. not saying that it wont spark up for a month or two when the “Scottish Book” comes out, but it really will, essientally be over. so i urge everyone to enjoy what we have while it lasts, its almost over.

Posted by Patrick on January 20, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
lionpaws

That is so cool.

Posted by lionpaws on January 20, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Arielle

Oh, don’t say that, Patrick! As long as there are people who like Harry Potter, and websites like the Leaky Cauldron that will post every bit of news they can find, than it won’t end. As our good friend Dumbledore would say, the fandom will only truly be gone when none are loyal to it!

Posted by Arielle on January 20, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Mollywobbles

Patrick, “fandom” as it has become and as we know it, will change of course. I don’t think anything like the whole Harry Potter phenomenon has ever occurred in this way before, though. (Read Harry, a History, if you haven’t… I can’t find mine, darn it, and I’m not done!) This is a brand new animal we’re looking at, and it may evolve or ‘mature’ in a manner we’ve never seen before either.

I think the series is written far too well for interest in it to be over. Media hype will dwindle and activity at fan sites will slow, but I really believe that this work is classic and timeless enough that it will be taught and studied for generations. Literary pieces that have stood the test of time that I feel these will, never had the same cultural access, reach or intense global popularity during the author’s lifetime (maybe even decade or century). Jo’s a classic, and in this age of technology, her legacy and ‘fandom’ will remain in some form.

With all due respect to other modern people or works that draw fans and inspire websites, I don’t expect many of them to have high school or college courses devoted to them. …or a theme-park area, for that matter! The world of Harry Potter is a new beast, let’s see how it goes! (“Everything’s going to be different now”, wasn’t that Hermione’s line?) (Or as another great character said "We’re not in Kansas anymore! …which brings to mind another great work of literature, unless that was just in the movie… anyway, that Wizard still has many fans too, and that was filmed in the 1930s or so!)

Posted by Mollywobbles on January 20, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Andrea

Wow, Patrick…that was so negative. Star Wars is finished and they still have fans. Buffy hasn’t been on tv in YEARS and they still have fans. I could name more, shall I??? As long as there are those that are loyal to Harry, he’ll still be around. ;)

Posted by Andrea on January 20, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Sonja

I´m a little confused here. How can they start shooting if the main actor (Dan) is in New York until sometime in february

Posted by Sonja on January 20, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Andrea

@Sonja – Not everyone is called for the full 54 weeks…and Dan will most likely head to the set immediately after Equus is finished.

Posted by Andrea on January 20, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Jennifer

It said the principle photography (official shooting) doesn’t start until next month and I believe Dan mentioned it’s starting around Feb. 12th or something. Dan will be home by then, the play only runs until the first week of February.

Posted by Jennifer on January 20, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Milo

@Sonja also, its only a test shoot, they dont need everyone and because emma’s available they ask her to come in so they can test out cameras costumes sets etc. with a main actor as the focal point.

Posted by Milo on January 20, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Danielle

Can’t believe Emma Watson got to visit Cuba before me. Go Latin America =p.

But HUGE YAY for DH, hope she posts a lot over the whole production. Wait… did she have the blog during the filming of HBP too?

Posted by Danielle on January 20, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Natalie

….THERE IS A GOD!!! :)

Posted by Natalie on January 20, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
nicole

That is super exciting!! Woo!

Posted by nicole on January 20, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
mg

Daniel heads back to England on 2/9 and he said he starts on 2/15. Equus’s last show is 2/8. Not a lot of time off!

Posted by mg on January 20, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Luna

Great! I just really really REALLY hope that Part 2 of DH is NOT released in May of 2011. There’s NO WAY I would be able to see it!!! I would be in the middle of my finals of my finals in college! PLEASE WB, just make it easy and release it in the summer of 2011 so most people are out of school! I really want to see the LAST film at midnight, and it would really stink (I’m thinking of a different word) if I couldn’t because of college work. June or July is perfect! Thanks! :)

Posted by Luna on January 20, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator

"I've been promoted," Percy said before Harry could even ask, and from his tone, he might have been announcing his election as supreme ruler of the universe. "I'm now Mr. Crouch's personal assistant, and I'm here representing him."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014