Live PotterCast Recording to Discuss Japanese Trailer

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
January 23, 2009, 02:01 PM

Surprise! We've made a last-minute change to this week's recording schedule (which wasn't supposed to include a live show).

It will start at 4:30 p.m. ET (9:30 p.m. GMT / 1:30 p.m. PT) - sorry for the short notice, and also that it's during the day, but this is the only time we can all do it. Go watch the trailer (see the news post before this one) and well see you there. Here's how you take part:

We will be using TalkShoe so that you can listen in and take part in the episode. We will be soliciting your Snape input, and frankly, we're worried that you all are kinda opinionless on him, so read up and try to figure out what you think about it, OK? ;)

Here's what you have to do:

If you would like to listen via the Internet, click here. You will be directed to a chat, but do not have to be a member to be part of it nor do you have to actually chat. Audio of the recording should start playing on your computer.

If you would like to listen via phone, you can call 1.724.444.7444 and enter the call ID 28012#. You will then be prompted to enter a pin number:

-If you are a member of TalkShoe (you don't have to be) you can enter your TalkShoe pin ID to be recognized by your name on the call.
-If you are not a member of TalkShoe, you simply follow the instructions (most likely pressing "1" and then "#") to listen in on the call.

We will routinely be taking questions from the chat and from callers (and more frequently from those who are members of TalkShoe, as we can determine order of call for members), so please join us!

See you there! And stay tuned for more exciting live news coming this week!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Melissa

Thanks for stopping by, FakeObamas. Now go back to fixing the country.

“Me”… I don’t believe i’ve been angry or even semi-angry at anyone recently, so perhaps don’t read negative tones into emails…?

See you all later!

Posted by Melissa on January 23, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Barack Obama

To Harry Potter fans,
I have been reading a few of your comments, and you think me being on Pottercast is a big windup. I was on this very special edition of PotterCast for the new Japanese Harry Potter trailer, I am such a great fan of the Harry Potter series, and recently J.K Rowling recently invited me for tea, the woman is great!! So this trailer, I think Micheal Gambon plays a terrific role of Albus Dumbledore, maybe, I think better than Richard Harris.
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince is going to be the best movie so far in the series (whistle).

Once again thanks to everyone who elected me as President of the United States of America.

Posted by Barack Obama on January 23, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
luna lover

what time does this start i live in central standerd time and its 3:00 here so wheres the show lol

Posted by luna lover on January 23, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Barack Obama

Hello Melissa Anelli,
I really am a big Harry Potter fan, shame you called me FakeObamas,
I have even read your fantastic book Harry, a History. It’s great being president, and ‘fixing’ the country as you just said.
I have been posting comments before, but I had written my name as ‘fred’.

Thank you.

Posted by Barack Obama on January 23, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Sam

Usually the chat is open by now…

Posted by Sam on January 23, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Shoshana

Sam,
I was thinking the same thing. Do you think something is up with it?

Posted by Shoshana on January 23, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Krystle

I’m crossing my fingers that all i need to do is go to the page, but so far it doesn’t apper that way….any help?

Posted by Krystle on January 23, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Sam

Well we’ll find out soon

Posted by Sam on January 23, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
xxkristeen

Wow, a Live!PotterCast… New trailer-ness… fake!Obamas…
And to top it off, it’s Friday.

Awesomeness. :]
Though, I’m a bit concerned about chat not popping up…

Posted by xxkristeen on January 23, 2009, 04:29 PM report to moderator
honouraryweasley12

The chat is up now

Posted by honouraryweasley12 on January 23, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Ben

Fake Obama’s, i don’t get it.. As he would be discussing fictional books on his 3rd day of presidency :p

Posted by Ben on January 23, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
MJLeakyCon

Hey, I’m trying to “phone-in”, but I’m hearing nothing. Is anyone else having that issue?

Posted by MJLeakyCon on January 23, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Barack Obama

Hey people, I log on the Leaky Cauldron everyday people,
and as I said before, when I write a comment it’s ‘fred’, but today, as I’m now president, I thought I’d show everyone I like Harry Potter, the down-side is that everyone thinks I’m a fake Obama, I know what you are thinking, why is the president on the Leaky Cauldron. Even though I’m a very busy man, I have always got time for this.

Posted by Barack Obama on January 23, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator
KC Yay! New trailers always make my day better….this whole fake Obama thing rather entertaining as well…yay for the trailer again!
Posted by KC on January 23, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Posted by KC on January 23, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

The Death Eater had pulled his head out of the bell jar. His appearance was utterly bizarre, his tiny baby's head bawling loudly while his thick arms flailed dangerously in all directions, narrowly missing Harry, who ducked. Harry raised his wand but to h