Tom Felton Visits Future Home of "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" at Universal Orlando

Felton
January 04, 2009, 01:13 PM

Actor Tom Felton paid a visit to the future home of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" theme park attraction during a trip to Universal Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Universal for letting us know about new photos of the Draco Malfoy actor at the park, including this one of Tom checking out the Ministry of Magic signs, heralding the construction of the park (smaller photo available here).

Not certain if Draco would take this on (given his bad interaction with Buckbeak) but a second photo shows Tom Felton and girlfriend Jade enjoying the Dueling Dragons ride.

On a related note, be sure to check out these fantastic new aerial photos of the ongoing work courtesy the Themepark guy, thanks so much Stefan! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is currently under construction in Florida as part of the Universal Theme park complex, and will be opened to the public sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Lillie Lovegood

Wow! Tom looks very different in the second photo! Im looking forward to it opening soon! Anyone know if there are going to be cast members at the opening?!
xx

Posted by Lillie Lovegood on January 04, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
RoonilWazlib

Posted by RoonilWazlib on January 04, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Mora

OMG Tom looks horrible!!what happened????he was GORGEOUS in POA…i’m shocked.

Posted by Mora on January 04, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Pete

“Wizarding World of HP….strange name when Harry himself proved he isn’t a wizard at the end of Hallows.”

RoonilWazlib what do you mean by that? I’m intrigued…

Posted by Pete on January 04, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
13_lucky_charms

Wow, makeup CERTAINLY makes a difference D;
Never a big Tom fan but oh man, he doesn’t look too well or that’s just how he always looks xD

Posted by 13_lucky_charms on January 04, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Kerri

hahaha that picture’s adorable!

Posted by Kerri on January 04, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Anna

Yeah, Pete, I´m intrigued too. lol must be some kind of joke I didn´t get.

Posted by Anna on January 04, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Pete

I’d always thought that the series would end with the part of Voldermort that was in Harry getting destroyed and harry never being able to do magic again but still being happy…

Tom’s looking pretty cute though!

Posted by Pete on January 04, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

I need to win the lottery ASAP. I want to take my whole family and some close friends to the opening of the park.

I guess I should buy some lotto tickets first, huh? lol

Posted by mollywobbles23 on January 04, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
MUHAHAHA

dueling dragon ride……..pinkish??

Posted by MUHAHAHA on January 04, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
michele

Oh, Tom and Jade in my state and only 100 miles away. They are so cute always holding hands. Oh love in your early years-that’s when it was fun. :)
I wonder when this was. Was it just this weekend?
The poor boy is really losing his hair and it probably from all that hair die to make his hair so blonde. He should part his hair like in HBP or POA the hair people really hide his hairline pretty well for the movies.

Posted by michele on January 04, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Squibby

Wizarding World of HP….strange name when Harry himself proved he isn’t a wizard at the end of Hallows."
Of course he is a wizzard, HOW can you be an auror and not be a wizzard?

Posted by Squibby on January 04, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
hambro

The park looks awesome! I can’t wait till it opens. Tom looks… weird. Anyway, the ride is pink, not the colour of thsat dragon.

Posted by hambro on January 04, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Roger

I have to smile at the comment about how cute Tom was in POA and how…well…..different he looks now. A line from Ballet Shoes comes to mind, when Gum says “I brough entrancements home, I brought babies….” To which Garney replies, “Babies grow up, GUM.” :)

Posted by Roger on January 04, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Arlo

Wow-We were there new years day!! i have the same pix of me in front of the signs, and the hp shields and the coming soon signs… Couldn’t see much else though. My hubby stuck his phone thru a hole in the wall and took a great picture of a mound of dirt! We joked that it was the castle with muggle repelling charms;-)
Over all though we found Universal and IoA a bit disappointing. maybe because it was too cold to do the water rides and very crowded. Too bad we missed Tom- probably wouldn’t have recognized him anyway!!!

Posted by Arlo on January 04, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator

"Now, let me see you try, Mr. Weasley!"[br]"Wha --? Oh -- oh, right," said Ron, very flustered. "Er -- [i]Silencio!"[/i][br]He jabbed at the bullfrog so hard that he poked it in the eye; the frog gave a deafening croak and leapt off the desk.