High Res Weasley Wheezes, Trio and Slughorn Half-Blood Prince Photos

HBP Film
January 06, 2009, 02:33 PM

Earlier we told you about new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince photos contained in the February edition of Empire Magazine. Today, Warner Bros sent us lovely high res editions of these photos:
The Weasley Wizard Wheezes set,  featuring actors James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George), talking to the director. Be sure to note all the detail on the signs, and the glorious magical products included for their joke shop.

Three Broomsticks set, featuring director David Yates, with the Trio and Professor Slughorn (Rupert Grint, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Jim Broadbent)  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Marie

I might just be seeing things, but am I the only one who thinks that in the lower right hand corner the frist guy kind of looks like Matthew Lewis(Neville)? I dobt its him though, because I would assume he’d be in costume, but if it is actually him, he wouldn’t be not in costume. Sorry that sounds a bit of confusing. lol. Let me know if anyone maybe thinks that same.

Posted by Marie on January 06, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
remipau

Great pics ! Amazing sets !!!

What about a first poster now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by remipau on January 06, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Kira902k

the WWW picture was awesome! So perfect.
the one of the three broomsticks…well, that’s not exactly how i pictured the bar, it looks more like a small cafe, but its pretty nice.
and wait, when did they ever talk to Slughorn in the three broomsticks? ah well. Can’t expect WB to do ANYTHING according to the book, can we?

Posted by Kira902k on January 06, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator
lally

no magenta robes that clash with their hair??? nice set though!!!

Posted by lally on January 06, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
iheartpink

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! amazing!! WWW looks even better then a imagined!!!

Marie- if u expand the pic u can see there alot actually alot of people in the background. they r probably just crew members.

Posted by iheartpink on January 06, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator
H

Looks like Slughorn is enjoying a coffee, hee hee.

Posted by H on January 06, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Melissa

I hate the fact that it’s called Weasley and Weasley instead of Weasley’s Wizarding (Wheezes — I don’t remember if that’s how you spell it or, not.)

Posted by Melissa on January 06, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Joey

Love it!!! It makes me want to see it even more! I’m afraid to see anymore Pictures without spoiling the film coming out in July. I would love to see one of the trio under the tree right after Dumbledore’s funeral. You know when Ron & Hermione both agree to go with Harry and help him find and aliminate Horcruxes.
Keep up the Good work!

Posted by Joey on January 06, 2009, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Ghina

Ou,ou,ou
good,good nice
hahaha…

Posted by Ghina on January 06, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
rhon

Fred is standing in front of an old fashioned cash register. You can see ehere a price has been rung up on it.

Posted by rhon on January 06, 2009, 11:03 PM report to moderator
pottershrink

Got to, GOT TO, go to that shop! Awesome level of detail!

Love the mounted goat skulls on the wall of the pub – apparently Aberforth couldn’t bear to say goodbye!

Posted by pottershrink on January 06, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

Melissa: Where did you see that it’s called ‘Weasley and Weasley’???? All I’ve found is ’Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes’,,, there is a poster of some sort, on the far right, under the “stair” that has a “mirror image” ‘Weasley’…..? Did I miss something? This is gonna be so great!!!!! No, I don’t think it’s going to be a “we’re gonna see the whole movie in pictures”…I think there’s gonna be a whole lot more to this, than they are gonna show! YES! How ’bout a poster, now?!

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 06, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
heather

Oh, the still of WWW is beautiful! I like those suits—especially the little golden "W"s on thier ties. Lovely detail, and a great set. Sometimes I’m reluctant to see these pictures, because I want to save these images\surprises for the film, but this one actually makes me more excited for the moive.

Speaking of which: is anyone else thinking of re-reading HPB before the film comes out?

Posted by heather on January 07, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Em Bee

Aha ha ha ha ha!
David Yates’ expression in the Three Broomsticks!
He looks like the Hogsmeade town simpleton who wandered into a movie!

Posted by Em Bee on January 07, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Luce

small question

what scene has slughorn and the trio talking in the three broomsticks?
My memory of the book is a bit off but as far as i know u don’t see them together then? or does he come to harry in there asking him to join the slug club?

Posted by Luce on January 07, 2009, 03:05 AM report to moderator

Ron had fallen asleep in the dark common room, waiting for them to return. He shouted something about Quidditch fouls when Harry roughly shook him awake.