The Bravest Man I Ever Knew

Character Birthdays
January 09, 2009, 06:09 AM

Today, the calendar on JKRowling.com marks another birthday, but for us here at Leaky, this marks a day meant for reflection, remembrance and perhaps even celebration of a character who so vividly filled the pages of the Harry Potter series.  To some, this character will remain  a nasty, unpleasant man, a villain, others love and adore this complex and fascinating character who still merits long discussion in our fandom. To Harry, he was, quite simply,  the bravest man he ever knew.

Happy Birthday, Severus Snape!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Character Birthdays News

halfbloodprince

Happy Birthday Severus Snape!

Always knew you were a talented, brave wizard and never doubted you once!

Posted by halfbloodprince on January 09, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Katiebob

I wonder if JKR realised she gave Snape the same birthday as Richard Nixon?

Well, every year I celebrate for Snape and curse at Nixon.
Happy Birthday, Professor Snape.

Posted by Katiebob on January 09, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Larch

Happy Birthday, Professor Snape, wherever you are, and congratulations on a job well done! You are indeed the bravest. And you’ll always be my favorite!

Posted by Larch on January 09, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
ZoeRose

We miss you, Professor.

zr

Posted by ZoeRose on January 09, 2009, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Ariel

Severus, I am so sorry that I failed to remember your birthday… please forgive me.
Happy Birthday, Love.

Posted by Ariel on January 10, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Erinn

Happy Birthday, professor!

Posted by Erinn on January 10, 2009, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Jamie

Happy Birthday, Professor Snape, the bravest man any of us ever knew. You’re in our hearts forever.

Posted by Jamie on January 10, 2009, 01:15 AM report to moderator
irene

happy birthday , profesor :)

Posted by irene on January 10, 2009, 01:56 AM report to moderator
Jonelle

Happy Birthday Professor Snape. Thanks for not flunking me…even though you threatened to…several times…still…I made it out with an E and its all thanks to you.

Posted by Jonelle on January 10, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator
Mr. Sprout

haooy birthaday, you could possibly be the third most amazing character in the series

Posted by Mr. Sprout on January 10, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Phillip

Happy Birthday Pro. Snape!!!!! :D You are the bravest man i ever knew!

Posted by Phillip on January 10, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator
kira902k

Happy Birthday, Severus! You were the greatest hero of all.

Posted by kira902k on January 10, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Lorelei Lovegood-Snape

I love you Sevvy!

Posted by Lorelei Lovegood-Snape on January 10, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
coriolan

“He was heroic, admirable and inspiring, while being simultaneously dishonorable, despicable and a horrible example” – biographer Stephen Ambrose on Richard Nixon, whose birthday also fell on January 9.

Now, I have an idea for a new musical: Frost/Severus…….

Posted by coriolan on January 10, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Carlye

snape was a small, mean and nasty man. He treated a small boy(11) very badly for no good reason. If he truly loved Lily, he would have loved her son and treated him kindly. His love for Lily was NOT enough of a redemition. When he only wanted to save her, and DD called him on it. I think that explained his character. He wasn’t evil just mean spirited.

Posted by Carlye on January 11, 2009, 12:51 AM report to moderator

"Sirius -- it's me... it's Peter... your friend... you wouldn't..."[br]Black kicked out and Pettigrew recoiled.[br]"There's enough filth on my robes without you touching them," said Black.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014