Third Annual Quidditch World Cup Event Due this Month at Middlebury College

Fans
October 06, 2009, 04:56 PM

Calling all Quidditch fans. Great news today as the Third Annual Quidditch World Cup event is due to take place again on October 25th at Middlebury College in Vermont. According to the Facebook page for the event "26 teams from around the country and beyond will compete for the title in a field that includes Washington University, Oklahoma State, and the University of Texas. Tournament play will be double elimination on three fields across Battell Beach." The full list of teams competing will be released shortly. For more, be sure sure to check out this website, or follow all the action on their Twitter here. This event is always quite popular and we will update with more when we can!

Thanks to Emily and Trish for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Ron1_thumb

This is proof that Harry Potter is amazing! :)

Posted by Christine on October 07, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow, that’s so cool. The closest I’ve gotten to playing Quidditch was at the Harry Potter exhibition in Chicago. It was so exciting to be able to actually hold a quaffle and throw it through a hoop :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on October 07, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator

Cool

Posted by madman1277 on October 07, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator

Cool

Posted by madman1277 on October 07, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

Awesomeness! This is so coo;!

Posted by friendofblob on October 07, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Wow, I wish I could get together people who would actually play with me.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on October 07, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

@AwesomeOpossum – congrats! That is so cool – you are an actual Quidditch player! Good luck to your team and kudos to you for showing your fandom flare through sports!

Posted by Smitch on October 07, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Avatar-9014_thumb

I wish my University had a school team!!! Can’t wait!!!

Posted by KatieP09 on October 07, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

Hopefully sometime in the future we will be able to play a real game. Cause we will have something to fly on and a radio controled snitch. It would be just awsome.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on October 07, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesomeness! Sounds wickedly cool!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 07, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I whish my college had a team…it would be so awesome! I hope it’ll be online somewhere…YOUTUBE.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on October 07, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

Oh, how I wish I could go! Quidditch is amazing… I tried to start a Quidditch team in my town, but the people here are just too narrow-minded to make it work. I’m gonna have to find a college that already has a Quidditch team going…

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on October 07, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow i did not know thay do that in realy life thats awesome

Posted by alicia00 on October 07, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-4_thumb

I’d love to see it!

Posted by Hmrc5 on October 07, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

This is so awesome I wish i could go (wouldn’t even attempt to play i am terrible at all sports haha)

Posted by bec majec *roar* on October 07, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"W-what?" Harry stammered. "But I've got to go back -- term starts on September first. It's all that's keeping me going. You don't know what it's like here. I don't [i]belong[/i] here. I belong in your world -- at Hogwarts."