Third Annual Quidditch World Cup Event Due this Month at Middlebury College

Fans
October 06, 2009, 04:56 PM

Calling all Quidditch fans. Great news today as the Third Annual Quidditch World Cup event is due to take place again on October 25th at Middlebury College in Vermont. According to the Facebook page for the event "26 teams from around the country and beyond will compete for the title in a field that includes Washington University, Oklahoma State, and the University of Texas. Tournament play will be double elimination on three fields across Battell Beach." The full list of teams competing will be released shortly. For more, be sure sure to check out this website, or follow all the action on their Twitter here. This event is always quite popular and we will update with more when we can!

Thanks to Emily and Trish for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

N787515149_4454531_4323_thumb

It’s the University of Washington, not Washington University. I would know, I go there (and I’m on their Quidditch team!). :)

Posted by justmargaret on October 07, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish that I could participate, let alone attend this! I hope everyone going to this has a fantastic time.

Posted by Kirk on October 07, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Summer_trip__09_113_thumb

wow I wanna play quidditch! that looks like so much fun! I wish it had more media! I <3 our fandom we are soo awesome! :))

Posted by HermioneWwannabe *ROAR* --%-{@ on October 07, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Wow, I hope it will be something they put on TV one day.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on October 07, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I dunno… Every time I see or hear of folks running about trying to play Quidditch, I can’t help but flash on Monty Python & The Holy Grail….

Posted by Won_Two on October 07, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I love their sense of humor.

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 07, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I love their sense of humor.

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 07, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator

I once saw an awesome feature on the news about real Quidditch. I wish I could join a team.

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on October 07, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Rita_thumb

Nipintheair… Sorry you must be a muggle;()

Posted by Aurora Duv on October 07, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

cool i read something like this in Sports Illustrated 4 kids… the snitch is actually a person dressed in gold

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on October 07, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Th_hufflepuff_thumb

AHH. Texas A&M University is attending, not the University of Texas! They don’t even have a team. :/

I’m super stoked to attend, though!

Posted by galaxite on October 07, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I am kind of excited about this, but none of the schools near me are cool enough to pull it off.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 07, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 07, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 07, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 07, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Voldemort moved slowly forward and turned to face Harry. He raised his wand.[br][i]"Crucio!"[/i][br]It was pain beyond anything Harry had ever experienced; his very bones were on fire; his head was surely splitting along his scar; his eyes were rolling ma