Imelda Staunton as Umbridge: Back in Pink for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
November 19, 2009, 07:35 PM

The always fabulous Imelda Staunton is the subject of a new profile in the Daily Mail. In the new interview she remarks on her return performance as the horrible ex-Professor Umbridge and her reign of (interrogation) terror in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, noting:

"Now, that is a great role,' she says with relish. 'It was wonderful playing this baddie dressed in pink, and to be able to play her again is a real treat.'

Her first Harry Potter was in 2007. Did it change her life? No, not really. I don't get chased down the street by hordes of kids. I still live a very normal life. 'The one good thing is that I get a lot more good scripts coming through my letterbox. Vera Drake raised my profile in one way, and then Harry Potter in another.'

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Fwooper1_thumb

Oh how I love to hate Dolores Umbridge !! Excellent Imelda Staunton is returning, her performance is spot – on perfect.

Posted by siena on November 20, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see her as Umbridge again

Posted by Smonocco on November 20, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I really dislike her charcter but she is a great acteriss.

Posted by The Nerd on November 20, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

yay! wouldn’t be the same without her =)

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 20, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Thank god she’s back I thought they would have skipped her part.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 20, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator

This really excites me! Its great to know that they’re bringing Umbridge back because I thought they’d find some way to exclude her. This is just great!

Posted by Hope on November 20, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Yay for Imelda Staunton!!! It’s wonderful to hear an actor say they enjoyed playing a role in Harry Potter. She’s a wonderful actress. I advise everyone to check out “Nanny McPhee”. She doesn’t have a big part, but she is absolutely HYSTERICAL. She’s one of the reasons I watch the movie whenever it comes on TV.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on November 20, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Great!
Now we have the chance to hate her even more!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on November 20, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

so cool she’s back!!

Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

I love how everyone’s coming back! XD

Posted by Lucida on November 20, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Gah! She’s so delicious. Not at all how I pictured her but still perfect for the role. It’s so exciting seeing everyone coming back!!!

Posted by joelface on November 20, 2009, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

We WILL have order!!!

Posted by Won_Two on November 20, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

You’re right Tassana! Hahaha. This is going to be exciting.

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on November 20, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

Yay! :D Love to hate Umbridge and Imelda Staunton is a brilliant actress! Only a year til DH Part 1 sigh

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on November 20, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

I’m surprised they’re filming these scenes just now (or are they?!) The Ministry scene is quite early on, relatively speaking, even before all the camping, which they’ve already filmed. Considering that the actors (Dan & Emma) aren’t technically in the scene with her, I suppose they could overlap this filming with any other scenes that Dan & Emma have to film, but again, I’m just surprised a scene from “Part 1” is being filmed this late.

Posted by Caracticus on November 20, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator

The smoky shadow of a young woman with long hair fell to the ground as Bertha had done, straightened up, and looked at him... and Harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his mother.[br]"Your father's coming..." she said qui