New Feature on LEGO Harry Potter Video Game

Video Games
December 16, 2009, 01:23 PM

The upcoming LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 game is featured in the new issue of Game Informer magazine and contains many new photos and information about the video game which is due out next year. In scans you can see here (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), we learn that you will play through each of the years separately (SS, CoS, PoA and GoF) but that you can bring a character forward to a different year, for example Quirrell can go into year 3 (PoA).  We also learn certain characters are not as good as others, as the magazine notes "Harry, for example is excellent at flying broomsticks, but when Hermione learns to fly, she spends half her time hanging underneath the broom!"

The magazine also confirms that players will be able to collect special things during the course of the game and be able to play as over 100 characters from the world of Harry Potter including a LEGO Fang. As a reminder you can see the newest trailer for the game right here in our galleries, with the official game website found at this link and pre-orders available in our Cauldron Shop. Finally, fans will be able to see a new ad for the video game as contained in the new box set of Harry Potter DVDS 1-6, as seen right here. Latest reports still have this game set for a March, 2010 release.

Thanks so much Bobby!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

21_thumb

Congratulations Fifi! (no sarcasm) This game doens’t simply look super, it looks awesome! I will probably be buying it!

Posted by Dave-94 on December 16, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Cool! I’m definitely getting that! :)

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 16, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator

Looks more fun than the HP6 game.

Posted by greatpetie83 on December 16, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It looks very cute!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 16, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Zomg_yay__thumb

this game does look awesome…but why are the comments out of order???

Posted by drarry.girl on December 16, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

Actually, if it means discombobulating the “FIRST POST!1” people, then I vote for Leaky never fixing the time stamp problem! :-)

LOL at Hermione flying upside down!

Oh, and by the way: FIRST POST!!!11 (Hey, it could end up first. You never know!)

Posted by Bandersnatch on December 16, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

March is so far away! I hope they release the years 5,6, and 7 game right after Deathly Hallows movie comes out!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on December 16, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can’t wait!!! I love HP lego and their games!!! It looks like they’ve upped themselves a lot!!! Can’t wait to get this game. I want it for wii and Ds!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 16, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Cupcakes__thumb

That seems awesome. I wouldn’t mind playing it. :)

Posted by O Sparkly One on December 16, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Super cool! I’m actually excited about this… it just looks like such a cute fun game! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 16, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Image

so cool!!!!!!!!!! i luv the lego games all of them!!!!!!!!!!! ill buy this asap!!!!!!! I would do almost anything for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on December 16, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I think it should be good, especially on the Wii. Moving the controllers like the wands should be fun.

Posted by Swizzle on December 16, 2009, 11:44 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

i see in the trailer, that I will love this game’s atmosphere…the graphics are cool. I hope it is challenging, as I don’t play legos or the legos vid games ever before….it sounds good, glad it is different then the hp videos games i’ve played.

Posted by PensievePlotter on December 16, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_6_40_thumb

awww! so cute! yeh that the first thing i saw too the mandrake hehe

Posted by nox avis on December 17, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator

I’m gonna get this game on the first day it’s out! Know what would be awsome? They included a minifigure from the HP lego sets! I would want He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! I can’t wait ’till the release! Woo!

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on December 17, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator

"From what the headmaster told me this morning, you saved a lot of lives last night, Harry. If I'm proud of anything I've done this year, it's how much you've learned..."