Nicholas Hooper's Score for Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Nominated for Grammy

Music
December 03, 2009, 06:09 AM

Congratulations are in order today as Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been nominated for a Grammy Award. The score composed by Nicholas Hooper for the sixth Harry Potter film is among those nominated s "Best Score Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media." Others nominated include scores for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (composed by Alexander Desplat),  "Milk" (Danny Elfman), "Star Trek" (Michael Giacchino) and "Up" (Michael Giacchino). You can read the entire list of nominees here.  Music from the soundtrack can be heard here on the official HBP website or here at the WB award site. The 52nd Grammy Awards will be presented on January 31, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA.

Thanks to Christine and all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

wow that is so awesome!! i love the sound track for this movie it is deffinatley so far my favourite!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 03, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator

Awesome! Best soundtrack yet :D

Posted by Bella Longbottom on December 03, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

good luck to the runners up

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on December 04, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator

Wow, you mean there ARE people who actually listened to it instead of complaining about no John Williams? Color me impressed.

Posted by darthorcrux on December 04, 2009, 12:48 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

This soundtrack and OotP are definitely my favorites from the series— I hope it wins!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on December 04, 2009, 01:16 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Well I liked this soundtrack better than the more recent movie sound tracks. lol I’ll jump in and say that John Williams is my favorite movie sound track composer … not just the HP movies but, in general. But, I did like the HBP soundtrack. However I also love the Milk soundtrack, that is a real awesome movie about the very awesome Harvey Milk, the soundtrack is composed by Danny Elfman who has written a lot of movie scores, too.

Posted by Moose_Starr on December 04, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator
Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

Tough competition! But he should still win!! (Y)

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on December 04, 2009, 02:36 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i really liked the soundtrack…it was almost subtle, like there wasn’t even one. i really liked it

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on December 04, 2009, 02:52 AM report to moderator

Hope it wins, great score, really amazing.

Still… Cant wait for John Williams to be back

Posted by madman1277 on December 04, 2009, 03:29 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

That is awesome! Deserves it!!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on December 04, 2009, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Congratulations, Mr. Hooper!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 04, 2009, 04:07 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

OMG! I so hope it wins! Mr. Hooper to me, is the best composer out of all the HP soundtracks…. I wish he was doing the DH ones. I have my fingers crossed for him to win!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 04, 2009, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

EXCELLENT! Hedwig’s theme by Williams is the signature piece by far, but I really started to get bored by the repetitious music for movie soundtracks 2-4; I believe the soundtracks were renewed with Hooper for 5&6 and I only wish he was also creating the music for the last two installments. Congrats.

Posted by ARION on December 04, 2009, 05:17 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

That’s great news! However the competition will be tough – Alexander Desplat’s soundtrack is very good and I agree with Mooze_Starr: Milk has also a great sound!

Posted by Pollytomat on December 04, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I love the soundtracks from both the HP scores that Nicholas Hooper did. They are wonderful, and I especially love some of the things that didn’t make it into the film, in particular the one from the deleted scene that includes Snape looking out the window. It’s just one of the pieces that shows the depth of Hooper’s understanding of the film.

In only wish that he would do the last two films.

Posted by Eeyore on December 04, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator

"You should've got more points on the second task," said Cedric mulishly. "You stayed behind to get all the hostages. I should've done that."[br]"I was the only one who was thick enough to take that song seriously!" said Harry bitterly. "Just take the cup