Marked Up Book on the Block for FirstBook

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
February 01, 2009, 01:46 AM

LeaveAMarkAuctions is currently auctioning off a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that has been marked up in the margins, primarily by Paul DeGeorge of Harry and the Potters. Paul provides color commentary, sketches and other ... additional detail ... throughout the book. Joe DeGeorge chimes in and our Frak of PotterCast provides several illustrations. I've also marked up a chapter at Paul's kind request.

You can bid on the book by pledging a certain amount in the comments; all proceeds benefit FirstBook, a wonderful organization whose aim is to provide low-income families with books.

Bidding is open until 11:59 p.m. on February 7, and the winner will also receive, naturally, a commemorative barf bag. The auction was put together by Shooting Stars.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Lunasane_thumb

I wish I had money to bid on this. I think all children should have books of their own even if their parents cant afford to buy some. I hope this goes for a lot of $$.

Posted by wendybird3 on February 01, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Metallica---ninja-star-poster-c10282759_thumb

WOW…. this is a very well thought out idea…. I wish I could be able to bid, but unfortunately I have no money… I can bid with imagination how about that? lol

Posted by Ascendancy on February 01, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

pretty cool idea! Bravo Potters and Frak

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 01, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

This is toooo Cool :D I soo Totally want it :D

’Ox

Posted by ChantyBabez on February 01, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
N803173685_733744_6363_thumb

I would LOVE to own this. It’s such an awesome idea.

Posted by abbs866 on February 01, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Wow, that is awesome! Too expensive for me though, I had a hard enough time justifying to myself that I spent £50 on Beedle. But yay, I hope people bid even higher, that would be great! (What is a barf bag though? Maybe something is lost in translation, but it sounds slightly… gross. ^^ )

Posted by Kissa on February 01, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

man i wish i could bid! i want this so much! my only problem is: i’m to young, i’m broke ,and my parents wouldn’t let be bid even if i could.

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on February 01, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Cruci-os__thumb

That’s cool.

Posted by Helios Lightra on February 01, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

I wish i could bid but I got no money :(

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 01, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

I’m so glad to hear this is being done for charity. Good luck to the bidders!

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 01, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Avatar_29_thumb

Wow, this looks amazing. Wish I could bid on it.

Posted by Sophiespell on February 01, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Idiot_thumb

Why do I have to be broke right now?

Posted by Geekboy on February 01, 2009, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Awesome! That would be such a fun fandom-y thing to have. Your own exclusive book commentary and drawings… Great idea!

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 01, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I hope it does well, I am sure it will. I don’t have any money, so I can’t help there, not like if I did I would be able to compete, lol. Yes I agree annotated books are great. I just got an annotated copy of Alice in Wonderland for Chirstmas, and I still want the Pride and Prejudice and Dracula that are annotated. Really awesome!

Posted by carebie on February 01, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

LOL! You know, I’ve always wanted to get a second set of the books so that I could doodle in them, but I love the books so much that I don’t want to mess them up! D:

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on February 01, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator

[i]"R-r-riddikulus!"[/i] Mrs. Weasley sobbed, pointing her shaking wand at Ron's body.[br][i]Crack.[/i][br]Ron's body turned into Bill's, spread-eagled on his back, his eyes wide open and empty. Mrs. Weasley sobbed harder than ever.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014