Matt Lewis Talks Neville and Nagini in New Interview

Lewis Interviews
February 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

Actor Matt Lewis has given a new interview where he briefly mentions his role as Neville Longbottom in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. In a online chat held over the weekend, Matt says he has still not yet seen the script for the films which are due to start filming on the 15th of this month, but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers. Matt responds to several questions on Deathly Hallows, one regarding his favorite Neville moment in Book Seven, and what it is like to play a character so pivotal to the plot line of the book:

Matt Lewis: Deathly Hallows is going to be so much fun to shoot. I don't have a script yet, so I can't be exactly sure how everything is going to work out. However, I think my answer will be a bit predictable! The scene I'm looking forward to the most is when Neville swings the sword and kills Nagini. That is going to be intense! In fact, the whole final battle sequence is going to be amazing. Still can't believe they're going to trust me with a sword though!
...

"It's got to be the sword swinging, snake killing bit I'm looking forward to most. I guess that's pretty "kick-butt." I'm really excited about it. I got a taste for the action side of things in Order of the Phoenix and I can't wait to do some more!

...
It gives me a great sense of responsibility. I know what the books meant to me when I read them and I imagine the films can mean the same to people and so it's very important to get it right. Playing a character that has such a crucial role in how the story develops is inspiring and I'm very excited about it- I just have to make sure I don't mess it up!

Be sure to read more with Matt and the interview with Castlewhitefang.com via this link. Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

omg matttttts going to be like sexiest man of 2010… 2011 idk whenever DH comes out but its going to be amaaaaaazing!!!!

Posted by KaraDawlish on February 02, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Upsidedown_thumb

Oh… I love Neville. He is such a wonderful character and Matt has portrayed it faithfully. I agree with him on the sword swinging, snake killing bit. It is so kick-ass. Go Neville. Btw Melissa monday where she explains what is so great about Neville….perfect! :D

Posted by Myra on February 02, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

they better keep that part in the movie. i can see them killing Nagini some other way

Posted by Chad on February 02, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

Posted by Chad on February 02, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
2009-01-30-67178_thumb

Oh wow I love Matthew Lewis… I’m going to be fawning over him when he’s all scarred up and buff for Deathly Hallows, ready to kick some snack butt :D

Posted by BrianaTheBard [FTC!] on February 02, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
1973 Points

So. Amazing.

I love him so much.

This makes me so excited!

Posted by u on February 02, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Th_names_thumb

I’m definitely looking forward to that moment for Neville, too. I hope Matt has a lot of fun with it, because I sure would!

Posted by Ginevra86 on February 02, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Lust_thumb

Oh Matt, it’s yours/Neville’s time to shine. (If they give that scene to someone else, we’re going to be sooooo furious!)

Posted by punkedup88 on February 02, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator

It was very nice to read about this. Matt – is – just – perfect.

Posted by Mairéad on February 02, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator

I think everyone is looking forward to the Nagini scene! Matt will make it rock.

Posted by rosalie on February 02, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I am sooo excited for DH part 2 when Neville/Matt gets to kick butt. But honestly, isn’t anyone else concerned that he hasn’t gotten a script for part 1. I figured that he would at least be in a scene or two where they quickly cut to the kids in the castle and what they are up to while the trio camps for 9 months.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on February 02, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

I can’t wait until this movie(s)! They are going to be awesome! I’m sure that the actors will probably get a script right before they start the shooting. Could be that they won’t get it until the day they start shooting. Since they are all pros, I’m sure that they will be able to handle it quite well.

On another note, why does the point boxes sit where they are? I can’t finish reading half of the comments since they started to appear!

Posted by beewell on February 02, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Da_copy_thumb

Actually, as well as the Nagini sword scene, I also look forward to my next favourite scene where Neville appears for the first time in Aberforth’s bar sporting several scars and behaving much like an underground warrior leader. When Harry couldnt decide whether to be more concerned with Neville’s scars or the fact that Neville dismisses them matter of factly, made me lol. Its uncanny how Matt has grown up perfectly to play the evolving Neville in each movie.

Posted by Professor Potter on February 02, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

The Nagini scene should be awesome; I’m sure Matt will do a great job!!!

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on February 02, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

Oh wow, I am so excited for that part it’s not even funny. Go BAMF Neville!

Posted by Kelsey on February 02, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator

"How come you're not at the feast?" Harry asked.[br]"Well, I've lost most of my possessions," said Luna serenely. "People take them and hide them, you know. But as it's the last night, I really do need them back, so I've been putting up signs."