Matt Lewis Talks Neville and Nagini in New Interview

Lewis Interviews
February 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

Actor Matt Lewis has given a new interview where he briefly mentions his role as Neville Longbottom in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. In a online chat held over the weekend, Matt says he has still not yet seen the script for the films which are due to start filming on the 15th of this month, but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers. Matt responds to several questions on Deathly Hallows, one regarding his favorite Neville moment in Book Seven, and what it is like to play a character so pivotal to the plot line of the book:

Matt Lewis: Deathly Hallows is going to be so much fun to shoot. I don't have a script yet, so I can't be exactly sure how everything is going to work out. However, I think my answer will be a bit predictable! The scene I'm looking forward to the most is when Neville swings the sword and kills Nagini. That is going to be intense! In fact, the whole final battle sequence is going to be amazing. Still can't believe they're going to trust me with a sword though!
...

"It's got to be the sword swinging, snake killing bit I'm looking forward to most. I guess that's pretty "kick-butt." I'm really excited about it. I got a taste for the action side of things in Order of the Phoenix and I can't wait to do some more!

...
It gives me a great sense of responsibility. I know what the books meant to me when I read them and I imagine the films can mean the same to people and so it's very important to get it right. Playing a character that has such a crucial role in how the story develops is inspiring and I'm very excited about it- I just have to make sure I don't mess it up!

Be sure to read more with Matt and the interview with Castlewhitefang.com via this link. Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

Mms_picture_thumb

I’m so glad Neville’s importance grew throughout the series. I love Matt Lewis, he’s the perfect Neville!

Posted by Kaylie Marie [FTC!] on February 02, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Weasley_clue_thumb

OMG! This is going to the best scene ever! Neville is so awesome! Matthew is awesome too. Deathly Hallows better be worth the wait.

Posted by camsammom1 on February 02, 2009, 08:36 PM report to moderator
Avatar_3_thumb

I am sooooo excited! =] I love Matt and Neville! =)

Posted by netsrikb on February 02, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Tn_thumb

I will definitely be wearing my shirt that has a picture of Neville and says My Hero to the movie. Neville rocked in Deathly Hallows.

Posted by krismiss on February 02, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

I’m too excited for DH without even having seen HBP! Oh, it’s gonna be awesome. :)

Posted by Aga Veneficus on February 02, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

This is my favorite part of the book when Neville kills Nagini. Can’t wait until the movie to see Matt scarred and kicking butt. Good Luck Matt with filming this!!!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on February 02, 2009, 09:50 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

Precious!

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on February 02, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I can’t wait to see what the do for Neville in the 7th movies, I mean they are going to have two movies so they should be able to have good Neville moments. Which should be yes “kick butt”!

Posted by carebie on February 02, 2009, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_p_p_thumb

aww! yay Neville! So excited for when he totally rocks DH! Matt is so hot!

Posted by laughing laurel on February 02, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Lilyjames_thumb

Wow! I’m sooo excited and happy. I’m sure Matt will be “absolutly fantastic!” in the Nagini scene. I can’t wait! Go BAMF Neville!
It makes me happy that Matt’s giving interviews, doing chats, etc. We don’t see too many… YAY!

Posted by thewandofdestiny {WBM} on February 02, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I just read the entire interview and what struck me the most was that he seemed like such a nice guy! I can’t wait until the next three movies come out!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on February 02, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator
I_001_thumb

he actually read the book

Posted by fudgemonkey [OTC!][SQUEE!!!] on February 03, 2009, 03:54 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I don’t think that the production team will downplay such a cinematic moment! They have said that they want to do full justice Jo’s epic story and the continued resistance of the DA members will link back so nicely to OotP. The wireless underground group should feature in the first film and alert the audience, as well as the trio, that others are fighting the work of the Death Eaters. I’m looking forward to a great cinematic climax

Posted by Graymayne on February 03, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator

Yeah, I cried at that scene in the book! Neville power!!! They just can’t miss it out! and omg what happened to geeky neville! Matt Lewis is like, unrecognisable!!

Posted by Hogwarts Horror on February 03, 2009, 06:59 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

I’m not a good writer, so I can’t wait to see the entries [and or winners]. I absolutely LOVED the ‘Ron Weasley’ card! Go for it, folks!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 03, 2009, 07:51 AM report to moderator

"Asleep, yeah, right," said Fred in an undertone, after Hermione bade them good night and they were climbing to the next floor. "If Ginny's not lying awake waiting for Hermione to tell her everything they said downstairs, then I'm a flobberworm..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014