Reminder: LIVE HP Alliance Meeting

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
February 25, 2009, 07:24 PM

That was amazing, guys, thanks for all your participation!

Reminder, everyone! The second HP Alliance Dumbledore's Army meeting will be tonight (Wednesday) at 9 pm EST on UStream. We are already playing wizard rock music over in the room and chatting while we wait.

Ustream is awesome because it allows you to interact with everyone on the call while you're listening. So it's a real Room of Requirement.

During the last meeting hundreds of Potter fans came together to talk about helping those less fortunate in Burma and Darfur. This time the call will focus on consumer culture, and being conscious consumers in a tough economy: Paul DeGeorge and Matt Maggiacaomo, of Harry and the Potters and the Whomping Willows, respectively, will talk about their vlog project, "No New Stuff," which is updated twice weekly at the HPA YouTube Channel. It will also feature information about a new HPA campaign to make sure all products sold in Harry's name are done so under the banner of Fair Trade. Author Peter Gould, the author of "Write Naked," will also be on hand to talk about breaking out of consumer culture. We encourage all of you to check out Peter's book, "Write Naked" and it's totally cool to go out and buy it. One of the exceptions in "No New Stuff" is helping independent artists!

So please step into the Room of Requirement and Join us for a fun call, which will end with a major HPA announcement, a great surprise that's sure to excite everyone...one for which it is very much worth DVR'ing Lost. :)

See you there! Remember, it's tonight Wednesday at 9 p.m. EST at this channel. You can listen to the call and interact with the participants by going to this page. You should sign up to be a member at UStream, as if the chat gets too crowded we will require membership to chat.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Buddy_icon_2027_thumb

This is for a very good cause!

Posted by Harryfan24 ROAR! on February 25, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

We hope to see you at this HPA meeting!

Posted by Melissa Anelli on February 25, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

FAIR TRADE?! We’re talking the technical certification for the rights of workers, correct? TransFair or another org? Is HPA going to promote Fair Trade?! This is such a huge issue for me! Our Human Rights Coalition in college worked so hard to convert our campus 100% fair trade. Most Jesuit universities are anyway. Wow…I’ve never really followed HPA, but I just might have to start! Aligning another passion of mine with HP! so Awesome!

Posted by eiVega on February 25, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I can’t stay to listen the whole thing…will it be posted later?

Posted by eiVega on February 25, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

very awesome… sorry i missed it! keep up the good work HPA!

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 25, 2009, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Oh I went on there for like 1 minute :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 25, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I went there and learned a ton. I didn’t listen to the whole thing but i bought the book you guys talked about.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on February 25, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

oh no but what about lost

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on February 26, 2009, 07:59 AM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Oh no – I missed it!!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 26, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I missed it! I’m always missing these stuff! Sigh… :(

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 26, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Small_thumb

I wish these were recorded, I was doing volunteer work to raise money and had to miss it.

Posted by grednforge7 on February 26, 2009, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Of course I missed it darn it!!

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on February 26, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_avatar_thumb

I’m listening to the podcast right now and I’m LOVING it. I’m so proud of our fandom!! I love that something I love is inspiring people to be better caretakers of the earth. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Posted by RavenclawForever on February 27, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Come out, Harry... come out and play, then... it will be quick... it might even be painless. I would not know... I have never died..."