Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to Begin Filming in Two Weeks

DH Film
February 06, 2009, 02:23 PM

As a follow to the article below, the BBC is now reporting additional information on main filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. With the set now reopened following the accident with a stunt person, a spokesman for WB said of the upcoming Harry Potter filming:

"We have not begun filming yet and will not do so for another two weeks. This has always been the case," she said.

"Filming will commence mid-February and go through to spring 2009."

As we first told you last December, filming on the seventh Harry Potter movie is due to run 54 weeks. This also follows Dan Radcliffe's earlier remarks about hoping to begin filming on the 15th of the month as well. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in two parts, the first November 2010, followed by Part 11 in May 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Yay! I can’t wait!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on February 06, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

Hugrids Hut Pic!

Posted by katiee on February 06, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Wow…it’s going to be emotional journey ahead. Soon it will be the LAST first day back when they get to see eachother again…knowing that they don’t get to do this another time around You see in special features how strong of a family a crew becomes. The very last day of filming will be intense also. I can imagine all the hugs and crying…wow…

Posted by eiVega on February 06, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I can’t believe that the last film is being shot… I mean, we live with these movies (and books) almost half our lives… :( I really hope they are going to do justice with this amazing last book.. But I really don’t want to find out where they’ll split it.. It’d be cool if it was a surprise!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on February 06, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

half are lives? right.

Posted by decarus on February 06, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator

Since Daniel’s last Equus’ performace on Broadway takes place this Sunday I figured the DH filming would start soon, but I didn’t think it would be so soon! That’s good I guess since this filming will be the longest, but does this mean they will be filming some months, stop to promote HBP and then start filimg again? That must be a first in cinema history!

Posted by ethanHP on February 06, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Reading_thumb

I just hope they do a good job with the last one. I was slightly disapointed with Pheonix, leaving out Lilly was pretty dumb.

Posted by wizardlibrarian on February 06, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

This is really exciting; this is my favourite book so I really hope they do a great job with the movies. It still seems weird to be still waiting for HBP to come out and for the next one to start shooting :)

Posted by Harry's Horntail on February 06, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE. Half-Blood Prince is going to be awesome, but Deathly Hallows is my favorite book. CAN’T WAIT!

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 06, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

I can’t wait to find out when the split is happening! I think these last two movies are going to be epic, especially the last one, with the battle and all. WB has never done a great job at keeping things exactly like they are in the books, and the series has had its flaws, with continuity between films, etc, etc… but they always deliver on the action and special effects, so the battle will be impressive to say the least! I’m very excited!!

Posted by Felipe on February 06, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

If they havent started filming yet, how did harrys stunt double get injured? i thought it was on the set of DH… Idk =[ (havent read the artical it probably explains it)
Anyway can’t wait for this… its the begining of the end, then again we got to probably wait about a year and a half from part 1 of DH to part 2 but still its exciting!

Posted by Felix Felicis on February 06, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

I can’t believe it.

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 06, 2009, 07:19 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

It’s ending. :(

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 06, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

Two weeks! It’s hard to believe! This is the last time we’ll get those first pictures of Hagrid’s Hut. And then it’s over! :( I wonder where they’ll split it. I personally think it’ll be after Ron comes back. I can’t wait for both of these movies!! They’re going to be epic!

Posted by Richie Gagen on February 06, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator

Hurraaaaay!

Posted by Lily_Severus on February 06, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Oh, [Lockhart] is marvelous," she said. "He knows his household pests, all right, it's a wonderful book...."[br]"Mum [i]fancies[/i] him," said Fred, in a very audible whisper.[br]"Don't be so ridiculous, Fred," said Mrs. Weasley, her cheeks rather pink.