ABC Family to Broadcast Harry Potter Weekend this Month

Movies
March 01, 2009, 08:36 AM

ABC Family will be broadcasting another one of those "Harry Potter Weekend" events this month. In the past, the cable channel has included new previews of the upcoming Harry Potter films during the course of the telecasts (as witnessed last December), however at this time we do not know if there will be new Half-Blood Prince previews due to show this month.

Starting next weekend, the first showing will be of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, March 6 at 7:30pm (ET). Saturday, March 7th will see a mini-marathon starting with Sorcerer's Stone repeated at 12:30 pm, followed by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at 4:00pm, and completed with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at 8:00pm. Finally, Sunday, March 8th, ABC Family will broadcast another mini-marathon, this starting with Chamber of Secrets at 12:30pm, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban at 4:30pm, with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to be shown at 7:30pm (ET).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Tova_mini_thumb

Wow, they do those a lot!

Posted by rtpuppydog on March 01, 2009, 08:40 AM report to moderator
Tova_mini_thumb

Do you think that they bought some sort of rights on Hp, to be able to show the movies on Television? Have any other channels done a “Harry Potter Weekend” ?

Posted by rtpuppydog on March 01, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Even though we all have the movies, it’s still kind of fun to hear “Harry Potter Weekend on ABC family”; I always end up watching some of it. I like that these movies have the opportunity to reach more people who may not have not otherwise grabbed onto the HP phenomenon!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 01, 2009, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Tova_mini_thumb
I like to watch those, but this time, I think that I’m going to wait until it is closer to HBP. Then, I’m going to use my own Dvd’s, to watch all the movies, and make it more of a special thing. What irks me about when ABC shows them, is 1. Commercials, and 2. How they announce " We will be bringing you an exclusive sneak peak at HBP, in a few moments!", and then leave us waiting there for 20 minutes before they show something.
Posted by rtpuppydog on March 01, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yeah, even though I own the dvds I do end up watching it at times. I own all of the movies in widescreen, so when it’s fullscreen I find it funny and amazing. (x Hopefully they show sneak peeks, or else it’s just the sneak peeks they already showed us back in December.

Posted by Christine on March 01, 2009, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Same, it’s awful – I own all the dvds, yet I still feel the urge to watch them whenever they’re on TV >.< but I don’t have ABC so it’s all good :)

Posted by the-charmed-baja on March 01, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb
It has been awhile since I saw one of these. I love when they always have them on. They used to do that a lot before the final book came out between books 6 and 7. So I am really excited about it and I too hope they show more stuff from the HBP movie.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 01, 2009, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Yeah I too own all the movies on dvds, but I love watching them even when they are on tv. I do that with a lot of the movies and shows adapted from my favorite books and bookseries; even though I own them on dvd.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 01, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

itz fun to watch on cable tv. . . .!!!!

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 01, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I love our Harry Potter weekends with or without the previews. I still hope there is some. How much you wanna bet that they do the same ones from December.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on March 01, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

Haha, cool :D I often do this myself :D I see how many i can watch in one day :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on March 01, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

I squeed when I saw the commercial for this yesterday!!! I love these!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on March 01, 2009, 10:42 AM report to moderator
40f4ae41_thumb

Just like everyone else, I have the DVDs (actually, Blu-Ray now, too), but will still watch this. >.>

Posted by Undesirable No. 1 on March 01, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator

Awesome! I always love an excuse to watch the movies!

Posted by jenbabe705 on March 01, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I like these because they include the deleted scenes from the second disc.

Posted by wizardinventor on March 01, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator

"I'll look for [Kreacher] later, I expect I'll find him upstairs crying his eyes out over my mother's old bloomers or something... Of course, he might have crawled into the airing cupboard and died... But I mustn't get my hopes up..."[br]Fred, George, and

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014