Wizards and Muggles Still Rocking for Social Justice

Wizard Rock
Posted by: Melissa
March 11, 2009, 11:28 AM

In addition to the Wizard Rock EP Club 2009, there's another great wizard rock compilation available now whose proceeds go to benefit social change. Wizards and Muggles Rock for Social Justice 2 (album art by Dave Roman, seen in the thumbnail!) is now available on iTunes by clicking here.

The album features exclusive music from many bands including:
Harry and the Potters
Draco and the Malfoys
The Remus Lupins
The Whomping Willows
Gred and Forge
Mary and the GrandPres

Proceeds from iTunes sales are split between the Harry Potter Alliance and Marriage Equality Rhode Island.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wizard Rock News

Melissa_thumb

This album is awesome!

Posted by Melissa Anelli on March 11, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

great !!! itz for good cause !! ;D

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 11, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Meatstrong_thumb

When I go home tonight I must get this!

Posted by theatregirl25 *ROAR* on March 11, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Ooh I can’t wait to download!

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on March 11, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

It says so much to me that Potter fans (and bands) are rocking for social justice.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 11, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

Oliver Boyd and the Moaning Myrtles also have songs… they’re some of my favorites!

Posted by The Silver Doe on March 11, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Photo_1049_thumb

I love it! Good music, good cause… can you beat it?

Posted by eruanna317 on March 11, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

That’s great !

Voila_thumb

whoohoo

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 11, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Th_hufflepuff2_thumb

That’s so cool! I can only buy a couple of songs now, but later I’ll get the rest!

Posted by lunalovegood97 on March 11, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

Hmmm… this announcement’s a little late. But, whatev.

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on March 11, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will certainly buy this album as soon as I have budgeted for next year (it is a pity that as a poor college student I am still as poor as I am). Needless to say, this is just a fantastic way for the Wrock community to prove its generosity yet again.

Posted by Kirk on March 11, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
4266_95379003085_554113085_2686657_2975125_n_thumb

I pre ordered that album a few weeks ago and I am very excited for it!

Posted by Sam H. on March 11, 2009, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I’ve had this album for a couple of months and it’s awesome! I love Whompy’s song :)

Posted by acciolove on March 11, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

Sounds awesome.

Posted by snapealicious on March 11, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"[Riddle] sounds like Percy," said Ron, wrinkling his nose in disgust. "Prefect, Head Boy... probably top of every [br]class --"[br]"You say that like it's a bad thing," said Hermione in a slightly hurt voice.