John Hurt Talks More on Return as Mr. Ollivander for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
March 18, 2009, 08:04 PM

In May of last year we first told you that actor John Hurt had discussed his possible return as Mr. Ollivander to the Harry Potter film series. Tonight, there is more from the actor regarding his portrayal of the mysterious wand maker in the final Harry Potter films. In a new interview with This is Derbyshire, John Hurt says of his return: "I'm in negotiations at the minute because Ollivander comes back into the books," he says. "My son was 12 when it all first started and he was thrilled at the time that I was in it. And all things being equal I will be back."

Filming began last month on the two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with Part One due in November 2010, and Part Two to be released July, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Mcgonagall_thumb

I hope so, I really hope John Hurt will be back. I missed him in GoF, he MUST be Ollivander in DH. I really don’t see how they can cut that character.

Posted by Kneazle_Bait on March 20, 2009, 06:42 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

His eyes were perfect! I hope they announce it officially soon!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on March 20, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

I had to do a search on the internet, I was confusing John Hurt with William Hurt, and I for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how they got William H to look like Ollivander.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on March 20, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator

Really hope they’ll throw him in there somewhere. Enjoyed his performance in the sorcerrer’s stone.

Posted by eleranissa on March 20, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Sarah_rose_thumb

Yay! I am sooo releived to hear this!! I thought that he might not come back after all this time. and that means Olivander is going to be a part of the movie! Yay! Squee!!

Posted by NotSoSiriusSarah on March 20, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

That’s excellent, I thought he did a wonderful job with the small amount of material he had in PS so it will be good to see him again in DH.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on March 20, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Snapeharry_thumb

I know he wasn’t on screen for long in SS but I thought his performance was so captivating! I can’t wait to see what he will do with a meatier role in DH. He is the perfect Ollivander imo.

Posted by missskye «Я☼AR» {OoM2} on March 20, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

YESSSSSSSSSSS
sorry i am sooooooooo glad he is going to be Ollivander agine
Hes just wonerdful ! every time i see HPSS the hair on the back of my neck stand s on end! (sorry about the spelling!)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on March 21, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

I think it would be really awkward to see a new Ollivander, so I’m really thrilled he’s coming back!

Posted by KimmyZ on March 21, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

He’s great as Ollivanders, I’m glad he’s back =D

Greathornedowl_thumb

Oh good, I hope he makes it into the DH movies. That would help link the DH movie with the beginning of the series.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on March 21, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Hp7main_thumb

Glad to hear so many actors will reprise their roles. One thing I hate is recasting from film to film, especially when the character plays a significant part in the plot.

Posted by 9and3qtrs[ROAR] on March 21, 2009, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

yay! he was an amazing ollivander in SS/PS

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on March 21, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

He really nailed the eeriness of Ollivander, and since that’s even more important with the wandlore in DH, I do hope the negotiations end in his return!

Posted by Agrippa1 on March 21, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator

His scene in the first movie is one of my favorites of all the movies. That would be so cool if he was back.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on March 22, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator

"How long have you been 'Big D' then?" said Harry.[br] "Shut it," snarled Dudley, turning away again.[br] "Cool name," said Harry, grinning and falling into step beside his cousin. "But you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014