Robert Pattinson Nominated for Best Newcomer at Empire Awards

Pattinson
Posted by: Edward
March 02, 2009, 02:26 PM

The nominees for the 2009 Empire Awards have been announced including a 'Best Newcomer' nod for actor Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory).  Mr. Pattinson joins fellow 'newcomers' Gemma Arterton, Jim Sturgess, Toby Kebell, Hayley Atwell in this category.

In addition, a few projects featuring actors from the Harry Potter series have been recognized, starting with Brendan Gleeson (Professor Moody), Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort), and Clémence Poésy (Fleur) for the film In Bruges, which received two nominations in the categories of Best Comedy and Best British film.  Finally, the film Sweeney Todd  garnered nominations in the of Best Horror, Best Soundtrack, and Best Director (Timothy Burton) categories, with Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) mentioned as a contender for Best Actress.  Voting is now open for registered Empire Online members and runs through March 12th.  The awards ceremony is slated for March 29, 2009.

Congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Twitter2_thumb

SQUEEE.. That’s awesome news! Hope he wins it!

Posted by Niphai on March 02, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Sweet! Congradulations!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 02, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

congrats to pattinson

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on March 02, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Picture3_thumb

Haha everywhere I turn there is something going on with Rob. Hope he wins!

Posted by JadeXJustice on March 02, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Img_0860_thumb

I saw “In Bruges” and it was honestly the best movie I’ve seen in a long time!! I knew Gleeson and Fiennes were going to be in it but seeing Poesy turn up was an awesome suprise. It was a wicked hilarious film and I’m going to buy the dvd when it comes out. I hope it wins!

Posted by Libster47 on March 02, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Yay!!! Congrats to everyone!

Posted by Dances with Dobby on March 02, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Congratulations to all of the nominations!

Posted by Kirk on March 02, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Yeah, my future husband is nominated! lol, jk. But i love Rob. Congrats to all the nomines.

Posted by Brianna on March 02, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I really hope the ceremony isn’t as boring as last year. The highlight was Emma Watson presenting one the rest of the tie was just really bad jokes and drunk actors. Not fun to watch. Hope Wall-E wins a few easily my favourite film of last year

Posted by KiwiMcI on March 02, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Go Robert!!!! Or Spunk Ransom. They should call him that. LOL.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 02, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

I love Robert! Good for him : )

Posted by FlourishandBlotts (RAWR) on March 02, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I love Sweeney Todd! :) Good movie, good plot, GREAT acting. (Not to mention singing from Alan Rickman’s part. Oh dear, he’s amazing.)

Posted by Christine on March 02, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

Congrats Rob.. I hope he wins.. he’s an incredible actor.. I actually heard about this on spunk-ransom.com earlier today…

i’m listening to him right now.. “I’ll be your lover too”.. best song ever!!!

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on March 02, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Owl-400wide_thumb

Congratulation everyone! :D

Posted by cocoeple on March 02, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Congrats, Congrats!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 02, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator

[Lily] had clearly loathed James and Harry simply could not understand how they could have ended up married. Once or twice he even wondered whether James had forced her into it...

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014