Timothy Spall To Film Scenes as Wormtail for Deathly Hallows Later this Year

DH Film
March 23, 2009, 09:15 AM

In January of 2008, we reported that actor Timothy Spall would be reprising his role as the nefarious Peter Pettigrew in the final Harry Potter films. Today, in a new interview regarding his most recent film The Damned United, mention is made again of Mr. Spall and his return appearance as Wormtail in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Wrexham Chronicle reports that: "He will be back on the big screen as Peter Pettigrew in Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince this summer and is due to start work on the final films later this year."

On a related note, you can see Mr Spall featured quite a bit in the trailer for The Damned United here via Youtube.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in a few months on July 17, 2009. Production is currently underway in England for both parts to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

Wormtail is back! Yay… It’s nice to know that he’s in HBP because Wormtail and Snape together just makes me smile so much… I want to see the hate in Snapes eye’s for the man who got Lily killed…

And in Hallow’s – it wonderful to find out what happening – all of his scenes are at the manor – so all i got to say is poor Charity!!!

Squeal new news!!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on March 23, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator

Wish we knew if he was filming for Part I or Part II… It would better help us figure out where they are going to break the book into two movies. I hope it is for Part II.

Posted by Beowulf on March 23, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

HBP is going to be REALLY good though because Potter has the best character actors in it and they’re keeping the film to cannon which is wise… The more cannon characters like Wormtail there are… the better…

Also could you imagine how cool it would be if Leaveton got a Ocsar before they’d finished the DH… what a boost to everyone – fans and actors a like!

I Personally can’t wait for more news!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on March 23, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator

Kind of good news, eh? =]

Posted by Mairéad on March 23, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

This film is really odd. In one wya it’s very very cannon…but in another it’s on the opposite end of the cannon scale…

WB get it right once!!
Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on March 23, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Oh,…but happy the Timothy is back…opefully they don’t cut him from the snape scene and put him in the battle or something!

Does he have any scenes in the start of DH? I cant remember…if not does it mean anything about when it will split? Coz if he’s not at the start and he’s “getting to work on both films later in the year” then won’t that mean it cuts at the malfoy manner when he strangles himself?

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on March 23, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Yay! I’m so glad he’s going to be in it! So the scenes at Malfoy Manor are going to be filmed for last…that’s a pity because it also means that I won’t be getting any Malfoy-related pics for a while :-(

Posted by Dances with Dobby on March 23, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Twiwiz_thumb

From what I understand from the articles, they’re filming parts I and II simultaneously. That means they might shoot the seven Potters scene one day, and Molly v. Bellatrix the next, depending on what’s most convenient. Hence, we won’t be able to figure out where the split comes.

Posted by twiwizardjedi on March 23, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Old silver hand….hope they do his death scene justice

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 23, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

thats so cool that we are getting more casting news for dh yah

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on March 23, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

He is great at portraying Wormtail. I can’t wait til these films come out.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 23, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

yay! that means Malfoy manor. thats one of the coolest chapters.I’m so looking forward to it. he’ll start to work later this yeat? if they’re keeping it in some order,I think thats already part 2!

Posted by Matea on March 23, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator

@ Luce-Lupin, If I recall correctly, I think Wormtail is in the opening scene at malfoy manor, when they are all gathered discussing the status of their plans. I agree with twiwizard jedi in that based on when he is filming won’t necessarily give us a clue on the split. I think we would have to wait for Timothy or his representative to come out and sat " he is in DH part II, or part I or both!"

Posted by JS297206 on March 23, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator

Not a big fan of him…

Posted by Bradyboy on March 23, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

YAY! Wormtail’s back!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 23, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator

"Cornelius, I am ready to fight your men -- and win again!" said Dumbledore in a thunderous voice. "But a few minutes ago you saw proof, with your own eyes, that I have been telling you the truth for a year. Lord Voldemort has returned, you have been chas